• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 03, 2024, 04:07:45 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Help with sprites again....

Started by yrogerg, October 13, 2012, 10:48:20 am

yrogerg

Ok. I changed the sprites in battle but i have trouble on how to change the sprites in Formation and I try as Celdia says in http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6702.0 but it says when i import it "Its not 16 color bitmap". What should i do?
Me, staring back at you!

Celdia

When you saved your UNIT and WLDFACE images as noted in Step 8, you may have done a Save As which has the potential to change the format of the image. You need to just use the normal Save function so it keeps the same color depth on the images. That way they stay as 16 color BMP images. Anything else will be rejected by FFTEVGRP [which i why you extracted the images in Step 3 the way you did.] If you followed the directions exactly step-by-step then I can't imagine where the problem is coming in at. I made the tutorial the way I did to avoid exactly this error.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

yrogerg

Well i do what you say in the tutorial and i can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I think on just not doing the change because I watched earlier the ai tournament matches and I think on joining too, so I will skip the whole changes and focus on that. But thanks anyway and when I have time I will try to fix my mistakes on the sprite thing.
Me, staring back at you!