• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Added Abilities Are Already Learned

Started by TheSlammurai, September 28, 2012, 02:56:05 am

TheSlammurai

Basically, I used the FFTPatcher so give Ramza some abilities. I added Stasis Sword to Guts on his default Squire class but, upon starting a new game, the ability was already learned. How can I make it so that I have to spend JP on Stasis Sword to learn it without it already being learned. If that makes sense.
"It ain't a matter of guys or chicks... I'm just scared of being rejected."

Eternal

What do you have the JP Cost and Learn Rates set at? Also, did you replace Wish in his skillset? Whatever the sixth skill in that skillset is, he comes with already mastered.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

TheSlammurai

Well JP Cost and Learn Rate is set at default, which is 100 and 100% respectively.

Also, I replaced Yell with Stasis Sword and it worked, as you said. But does that mean I have to replace his original abilities with the new ones? I'd like to keep Yell and Accumulate and some of his other original abilities, if I could. Since I wanted to add skills to all of his Squire variations.

Eternal

Just put Yell and Accumulate in Ramza's Guts' empty skillset slots. The only skill that's hardcoded to be 100% learn rate is Wish, or whatever's in Wish's slot.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

TheSlammurai

Oh, I see how that would work. Thanks for the help, I was tearing my hair out over this. I appreciate it. :)

Eternal

No problem. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions. ^_^