• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2024, 08:23:36 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

problem changuing DK and HK abilities

Started by wonderer, July 04, 2012, 01:58:42 pm

wonderer

Hello! I have found my self whit a problem in the abilitys of the dark knight and holy knight.
I removed the geomancer, the bard and the dancer to put there dark knights and white knights.
In playgame the characters display properly. but when I want to use dark sword and holy sword there comes the problem.
all the characters can use abilities that they haven't learnt theme! for example the only skill they have learned is night sword, but in game plan they can use dark sword, night sword and other abilities that I added to the dark knight skill. and the same happend with the holy knights and their holy sword.
Does anybody knows why this happen?

Eternal

Geomancers are hardcoded, sadly. If you're modding the PSX version, you'll need to use Xif's Generic Skillset Fix to replace it. The easiest way to add DK/HK is simply to replace another job, such as Dancer/Bard, and leave Geomancer.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

wonderer

yeah, I replaced the Bard and Dancer whit the Dark Knight and geomancer for de holy knight. but the dark Knight has the problem too. I did it with de FFTpatcher. do you think that, that is the problem? i have to use the tool you mentioned? if thats the case, which one you sugest I should change with holy Knight?

Eternal

Try replacing the skills inside Sing/Dance, rather than using a totally new skillset.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817