• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Replacing the Onion Knight (WOTL)

Started by drbretto, April 02, 2012, 09:23:40 pm

drbretto

Hackers unite!

I want to get rid of the onion knight's hard-coded sucktitude. I imagine this is as simple as changing a single value somewhere in ASM land but I have absolutely no idea how to go about this.

All I want to do is point it to a different job entirely so I can have complete control over what I want it to do. Currently, adding a skillset to the class has unpredictable results and you still can't equip any skills or anything with them.

They suck and I want to blow it up.

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: drbretto on April 02, 2012, 09:23:40 pm
I imagine this is as simple as changing a single value somewhere in ASM land but I have absolutely no idea how to go about this.

From my experience fixing mime, this may involve multiple values scattered between BATTLE.BIN and WORLD.BIN.

Currently, adding a skillset to the class has unpredictable results

What do you mean?  Can you list some test results?
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

drbretto

Whether you've learned the skills or not, they will show or not show seemingly at random when in battle. I had two identical units each with 4 skills learned, both of them were missing the first one and another one was missing from the other one.

I was hoping it was like something to do with which classes were mastered or something like that, but I couldn't find a pattern.

formerdeathcorps

On the two units you compared, do either of them know Accumulate?  Because if neither of them did, I bet this thread would explain your result: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=4868
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

drbretto

April 03, 2012, 01:22:34 am #4 Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 01:42:20 am by drbretto
yup, that looks like it!

So... lost cause then?

Edit: then again, can just make it require level 8 squire...