• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 17, 2024, 09:37:42 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Thanks for creating something awesome :]

Started by Haluh, January 27, 2012, 07:58:31 pm

Haluh

:more:
Haven't played fft in years and forgotten how big Ramza's ass is...
Anyways fft 1.3 is great, gives me an easier way to stay awake at work when working nights. I also like the fact that it seems way more customizable and balanced, especially when trying to find the right team to fight certain battles. Playing easy right now since I just want to refresh my memory on everything... can't really make a commitment to the difficult version after getting stuck at Miluda...
Just a few questions:

I know Tiamats have been nerfed a bit in terms of power, but what about their stats? I've been breeding for some, but I always end up having tiamats with crappy stats compared to the hydras and greater hydras I've been getting. It's as if the lowest tier are just more powerful. Bad luck?

Is it possible to make apandas/demons recruitable? I know it doesn't make sense in-game but I've played fft so many times that I wish I could have evil units, and just want to mess around more right now.

I can't remember what else I wanted to ask... but, keep up the good work. I'm sure I'll be checking out the other patches in time.

efrate

As far as making demons recruitable its very doable, uncheck one box for each kind you want in patcher.  

You can DL patcher here

http://ffhacktics.com/downloads.php

Go to the jobs tab, scroll down in the box on the left to jobs 96, 99, and 9A (Apanda, Archaic Demon, and Ultima Demon respectively).  Now scroll down on the right to the bottom where it says Status Immunity.  Invite will be checked.  Uncheck it.   Patch your ISO, and demons are now recruitable.  

Open you patched ISO with weird tiamat stats (under the PSX at the top, go to open patched ISO), go to jobs, scroll down, and look at job 8D tiamat.  Compare it to 8C and 8B.  Lower numbers under growth is better, higher under multiplier is better.  

And Welcome to FFH, where all your dreams come true. 
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Haluh

Thanks for the info. Turned out to be simpler than I anticipated as well.