• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2024, 11:59:16 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

About the archived sprites...

Started by bignickm27, January 20, 2012, 02:14:16 am

bignickm27

The ones in the Downloads section, have they all been fully tested? I'm looking at a few of them with shishi sprite editor and some of the animations seem to be really off. So far it seems like Misty and Deis aren't animated correctly for a few animations.
I can not stress enough how much I don't have plans.

Eternal

I believe some of the older sprites used a different spritesheet from an older version of Shishi, so their animations aren't correct.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

bignickm27

Does that only reflect in the preview within the editor or does it also cause faulty animations in-game as well?

Eternal

Pretty sure it'd affect stuff in-game, too. It'd have to be tested, but I know we've been in need of a cleanup for the older spritesheets anyways.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

bignickm27

Okay I see. Would using an older version of shishi allow for using the older sprites then?

Eternal

Probably, but I'm not sure if it'd cause issues with other sprites. Spriters don't often take requests, but you may want to ask them to convert the ones you want to the new standard. They may take you up on it if they're not busy.

bignickm27

3lric

January 20, 2012, 05:52:29 am #7 Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 07:21:12 am by Elric42
AFAIK if they were in the old format the portrait would be in the middle of the sheet. So the issue he is having isnt due to them being outdated
  • Modding version: PSX