• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 23, 2024, 10:41:03 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Lifefont and Manafont

Started by Rfh, November 07, 2011, 07:22:01 pm

Rfh

Is there any way that Manafont and Lifefont work together?   
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: rfh

Rfh

When I use a unit with a job that has innate manafont and the unit has lifefont as movement ability, in the battle the unit only recover HP.     

Choto

I'm assuming manafont and lifefont are move-HP UP and move-MP UP... i'm assuming those are WOTL names? I remember reading somewhere around here that one of those overrides the other. I can't say for sure nor do I remember the thread, but that may be why.

Rfh

Quote from: Choto on November 08, 2011, 10:02:25 am
I'm assuming manafont and lifefont are move-HP UP and move-MP UP... i'm assuming those are WOTL names? I remember reading somewhere around here that one of those overrides the other. I can't say for sure nor do I remember the thread, but that may be why.
Then, is impossible to make the two work together?

Pride

Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Was any progress ever made on detaching support and movement effects from their respective abilities?

Pride

You mean to make support abilities do nothing and so they're blank?

Pickle Girl Fanboy

AND make their effects attachable to whatever support or movement you want.  So you could have a single movement ability with manafont effect, lifefont effect, and, say, move-find item effect.

Pride

I see; its pretty easy, I know where the majority of the supports are barring a few movements that I've never bothered to look for. Though... Doesn't ALMA do this?

RavenOfRazgriz

ALMA allows you to make Supports innate to each other and to disable them, I believe.  It doesn't allow you to outright change which effects are assigned to which slot in the sense being asked for, though.  (Aka, you have the Lifefont Manafont Move-Find Item Movement and 2 now-empty Movement Slots, and not 2 "dummy" Movements that you can't make use of and your triple-Decker Movement.)

Might be wrong, though.

Rfh

What things i have to edit in ALMA to achieve this? My computer is broken now, but when it repaired, I'll revised everything.