• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 07, 2024, 12:22:45 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Re: ALL THE THINGS (ATT: A D&D RPG) - Let's get ready to rumble!

Started by Celdia, November 01, 2011, 06:21:40 am

EmmaNigma

I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

RavenOfRazgriz

As everyone seems to nestle in for bed, Rhyhorn single-mindedly continues on his project, ignoring the nighttime and slumber setting in.  'I'mma a Rhino and I'mma diggin' a hole, diggy diggy hole, diggy diggy hole...'

EmmaNigma

Looking over at the rhino digging a massive hole, Hogarth shouts at the sinking rock. "FRIEND RHYHORN! We're burning her body, no need to bury it! Get some sleep, daylight won't wait!"
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn turns the the barbarian on the hill, thinking for a moment.  He debates whether to listen to the her before nestling into his partway-dug hole and closing his eyes, keeping his ears alert for foes.  His diggy diggy hole may have ceased, but Rhyhorn won't allow any harm to fall before deceased-friend-Elia or his cart of ALL THE THINGS.

Kalas

Nathalie stirred slightly from the barbarian's yell, and after getting up to massage her sore parts, took a bedroll and blanket from the chest and laid it on the ground by the cart and fell asleep soundly inside of it. She dreamed of little sugarplums plated with gold and a nutcracker prince that she could break in half and reveal the deed to a house full of wonderful, expensive items. She buried herself inside the linens and dreamed more of this lovely, magical place.

Randomname

N'zla approaches Hogarth and the camp.  "Stew have meat parts yes?  Of fatty animal broth?  Cannot have.  Poison to Ek, can only eat plant.  But this one already had some mushrooms in cave.  Still hungry.  Maybe look for edible bush?  Either way, Ek have good eyes for the dark, for dark is our home.  Better at watching, new friends.  Helping is least I can do to repay life debt.  Slept plenty in cave!  Was very boring," chatters on the insectoid man.  He'd been alone too long with the goblins who were no good for talking.

Ryqoshay

Yvonne's eyelids feel heavier than the mountain of coins they somehow managed to stack on the cart of ALL THE THINGS. Sleep is coming, fast, but Xun's graciously offered stew smells too delectable to resist. Her own food was certainly enough to sustain her, but she doesn't care. She had cast a lot today, so anything extra would help. Additionally, she could feel in her core that something had changed, she knew that her repertoire had expanded. For now, she was too tired to search her soul for the newly acquired spell. There was something else there as well, deeper, harder to sense, but it had made its presence known just recently. But it all could wait as she had the entire trip back to Tevinar to figure things out. "Domo arigatou gozaimasu." The tiny fey says, mimicking something she had heard long ago, and hoping she was still pronouncing it correctly. She bows as she accepts a bowl of stew that should be enough to satisfy a human.
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

EmmaNigma

"If not tired, friend N'zla, take 2nd watch. You see far in dark, and need not sleep right now."

Ryqoshay

The stew is indeed delicious, but by the time Yvonne finishes the bowl, she barely has the strength to hold it. She drifts lethargically over to the stone where her wands still lie in a jumble and grabs the one with light still shining from its tip. After meandering down towards the water, she dunks the bowl a few times to wash it and upon returning to camp, she returns it to its owner. She then gathers her belonging and dumps them on the ground close enough to the fire that its heat would likely be unbearable to those unaccustomed to it, but far enough that said items would not be in danger of igniting. Wrapping her blanket tightly around her, she settles down facing the fire and sighs contently. Almost as an afterthought, she murmurs a simple command that dismisses the light spell from the wand under her head. Finally, warm, full, comfortable, and believing she is safe, she falls quickly into a deep sleep.

Eight hours, almost to the second, the diminutive fire caster's eyes snap open. "Gh~ha-kph!" she sputters. "Evil!" she cries out, tossing her blanket aside and taking to the air. "Disgusting spawn of Undine and Talroth!" She points accusingly at the light dusting of snow that gathered on the ground overnight.
   As if to accent the point, a few tiny sparks leap from her fingertip and ignite a short-lived flame less than half that one would expect from a candle. "Wha' was that?" the sorceress asks aloud, holding her hand, index still outstretched, before her eyes. "I di'n' do tha'..."
   As suddenly as the topic was brought up, the snow drifts away from her attention as though it had never been there. Something more interesting has taken the foreground. Was this somehow related to what happened last night? Was the thing that lay sleeping within her shifting again? Perhaps...
   She points again.
   Nothing. Odd.
   She snaps her fingers.
   Nothing.
   She snaps again.
   Nothing.
   Again.
   Nothing.
   "Work damn you!" she growls, pointing and snapping at...
   Nothing.
   No spark. No flame. No hint of what was there. It is gone, for now.
   "Hrmph..." Yvonne grunts, then sighs. Perhaps she should focus her energies elsewhere, as there were other magicks to be discovered today. Which reminded her, "The scrolls!" A quick pendulum swing of emotion and she enthusiastically flies down the small hillside towards where Rhyhorn and made their own little mini-camp in a hole near the cave's mouth. She wasn't quite sure why they had done so, but it didn't really matter to her anyway.
   "Good mornin'! Good mornin'!" the flame fey sings, greeting the sleeping pair. "We've talked the whole night through, good mornin', good mornin' to you!" Alighting upon the edge of the cart of ALL THE THINGS, she taps out a sequence, though the thick soles of her boots do little more than thump dully against the wood. "Good morin'! Good mornin'!" she seems not to care. "It's great to stay up late, good mornin', good mornin' to you." Her dance takes her around the rim. "When the band began to play the sun was shinin' bright. Now the milkman's on his way, it's too late to say goodnight." Her back facing her audience, she has no idea of they have awakened. "So, good mornin' good mornin'!" she turns back, though is heedless of any annoyance she may be causing. "Sunbeams will soon smile through, good mornin', good mornin', to you!" She points at Rhyhorn. "And you," she points at , "and you," back at Rhyhorn, "and you!" and once again at .

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn's eyes slowly open, seeing the dancing fire pixie of ALL THE SUGAR on his cart pointing at him.  He slowly gets to his stubby feet, covered in a thin layer of snow that's left the rhino looking more than a bit white... at least, it did, until he shook his body out like a dog, sending the snow off him in all directions.  He nods to the pixie, not quite awake enough to be bothered with his chalkboard, and climbs out of the hole, his glowy-gem-of-awesome in his mouth.  Rhyhorn looks over ALL THE THINGS, and lets out a displeased grunt through the object in his mouth at the snow that's built up as a glaze on top of them.  He then does a quick inventory check, making sure everything was still accounted for.  It doesn't seem like he's heard anything, but he wants to be sure no sneaky still-living Goblin or has taken so much as a single coin from his horde of ALL THE THINGS.

Ryqoshay

"Moses supposes his toeses are roses, but Moses supposes erroneously,"

EmmaNigma

Hogarth lumbers awake, having her 4 hours of rest after guard duty. "We leave for Tevinar after breakfast" she growls, proving that barbarians are not morning people. "By the frozen eyes of Nador, somebody better have coffee!" Hogarth mentally chastises herself for not bringing coffee with her, as this morning will be full of travel and also burning flesh.

Ryqoshay

"but Moses he knowses his toeses aren't roses, as Moses supposes his toeses to be!"

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn sighs.  At least the cart is all well-in-order.  He debates reaching into the cart, but instead decides to turn and head into the cave.  There's got to be plenty of delicious rocks inside the mouth of the cave, so why waste the ones inside ALL THE THINGS?

Randomname

With the coming of morning, N'zla is just beginning to feel tired. With his friends awake, he feels free to finally partake of food.  After examining the frost-laden terrain, he determines that the flora is safe to eat.  He bends down, grazing on the grasses and chewing leaves off of bushes around the camp.  Happily oblivious to all other things going on. NOM NOM NOM.

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn emerges from the mouth of the cave with an expression of discontent.  The rocks in there suck!  He looks around, wanting to make use of the local terrain's delicacies, when a thought hits him.  The river!  Rhyhorn breaks out into a gallop along the frosted terrain, making his way towards the river and jumping right in, scouring the river bed for the morning's meal of delicious noms.

Ryqoshay

"Moses supposes his toeses are roses, but Moses supposes erroneously!" Yvonne chants, awaiting, less than patiently, for to awaken. "A mose is a mose!" she eyes the sleeping . "A rose is a rose!" she eyes the chest in which she knows the scroll is located. "A toes is a toes!" she waits. "Hoopti doodie doodle!" she begins dancing again, albeit a bit slower than earlier. "Moses supposes his toeses are roses, but Moses supposes erroneously," she repeats the manta, gaining speed and melody, "for Moses he knowses his toeses aren't roses, as Moses supposes his toeses to be!" She breaks into a dance the likes of which one can lose oneself in the sheer joy of moving one's body to the rhythm. Crystalized aether showers the immediate area like a second snow as her wings resonate with the invisible beat. The rhythm, of course, being the pulse and flow of all that which is arcane in existence. She may not be as attuned as some, but she is certainly more than most. She knows this, and she now revels in it.

EmmaNigma

Hogarth scowls at the wondrous spectacle being displayed down by the cave. She turns to N'zla "Friend N'zla, please tell me you have coffee. Hogarth cannot take this much longer."

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn, on the river's bed, finds some motherfucking delicious looking limestone.  He sets himself against the wall of the river bed, setting down his precious orb between his feet tightly and angled in such a way that even if swept away, it'd merely get caught between himself the wall of the river's bed.  He then leans in and begins eating the great stone delicacy, completely ignoring two very big issues - breathing and getting out of the river.

This wasn't ending well.

Randomname

"Coffee?  N'zla not know this word.  What is coffee?" the bugman asks, raising his head briefly from nibbling a bush.