• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 01, 2024, 03:35:15 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Re: ALL THE THINGS (ATT: A D&D RPG) - Let's get ready to rumble!

Started by Celdia, November 01, 2011, 06:21:40 am

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn nods affirmatively to Nathalie, mortified at his companions and hoping none of his regular customers are in the crowd and seeing this spectacle of awful between Nathalie and Hogarth.

Ryqoshay

"Bitter? Why ya' eatin' the flowers? Silly Hogarth!"
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

Kalas

"I had no idea the burly woman helping us fight the elemental was some sort of miniature ogre.." She whispered to Rhyhorn, before looking around for the shop that sells chests and the like, "This is perhaps the literal definition of "motley crew."

EmmaNigma

"because I barely knew her, friend yvonne" mutters Hogarth, half dreaming-half awake nonsense being uttered.
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

Ryqoshay

"Girls, girls, girls, long legs and burgundy lips..." Yvonne sings, seeking out a place to buy a needle and thread. "Girls, girls, girls, dancin' down on Sunset Strip..." She finds a small cart with random junk and purchases what she needs. "Girls, girls, girls, red lips, fingertips..."

Kalas

Walking swiftly away from the cart, which most likely is garnering much attention from all the townsfolk now, Nathalie saunters over to buy a chest, and in the meantime, a nice stack of crossbow bolts to last her until she's able to buy more things. (one chest and fifty bolts, 7gp)

She returns back to the cart, slowly dragging the bolt stuffed chest toward Rhyhorn, using all her might to pull it to "safety." "I should really invest in some sort of muscle-mass building techniques.." She said to herself, panting heavily.

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn slips out of his harnesses, helping Nathalie to safely pile her chest into his cart, then looks around to see how Yvonne was doing with her shopping... Rhyhorn himself has completely forgotten what the hell he even wanted to get at the marketplace by this point.

Ryqoshay

"She hates time, make it stop. When'd this motley crew center Rhyhorn rock?" Yvonne starts to head back to the others. "And when did Ozzy become an actor? Please make this stop, stop, STOP!" she halts in front of them. "All done!"

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn blinks, hearing his name but having no clue why.  His memory is then jogged, as he quickly scampers off to a tool-laden stand and purchases a set of Masterwork Artisan's Tools (55 GP), stowing them onto his Exotic Pack Saddle before returning to his harnesses. With everyone seemingly finished shopping, Rhyhorn begins pulling the cart back to the Inn.

st4rw4k3r

Elia enters the Inn and heads straight for the baths.

Ryqoshay

Holding her flowers, Yvonne practically dances through the air as she flies along side Rhyhorn and Nathalie. "Gonna go and take a bath!" She strides along as though upon an invisible walkway. "And get all nice and clean!" She spins around. "I'll wash away the grime and dirt!" She holds her arms out grandly. "And get a soapy sheen!"

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn stares at his pixie-friend dance through the sky in wonderment as his group slowly makes its way to the Inn, even Rhyhorn looking to get a bath of some kind to get the apple off his hide.

Kalas

"Thanks Rhy!" said Nathalie, rubbing her aching muscles in order to recuperate some before walking again, "A bath actually sound fantastic too. Nice, warm, relaxing, soothing water. I feel wet now!"

st4rw4k3r

A room to the left to store your clothes, a room to the right to wash up, and in the middle, a large open hot pool of water. And no one there. Elia dashes off to the room on the left to place all her clothing, and equipment there, but takes her soap out of her sack. She walks out and heads to the wash area. In the room is a bucket, and a small stream of water the pours out into a drain. She places the bucket under the stream and waits for the bucket to fill up half way. She picks the bucket up and pours the warm water all over her. Placing the bucket back under the stream, she then lathers herself with the soap, then picks the bucket up to pour over her again. She picks up her soap and leaves to the hot pool. She sets her soap to the side of the pool, and slides in the pool. The hot water takes all off her mind, making to world around her seem not there.

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn pulls his cart into the Inn, parking it in the stables near Lejun's wagons before tossing some rocks and Hogarth onto his Exotic Pack Saddle.  He then heads off with the others, off to find the baths and get these apple stains off his hide.

Kalas

Nathalie moseys over to the bathhouse, and slowly undresses herself, leaving her fine clothing stored in the dressing room while she slips into a nice bathrobe, takes a bucket over to the washroom and borrows the inn's complimentary brand and tucks everything into one steaming pot while lathering herself up with soap. Walking over to the hot pools, Nathalie hums a jazzy tune before timidly cascading into the water, the hot water relaxing her weary body.

"Ah..." She sighs, closing her eyes and tilting her head back, leaning up against the side of the bath.

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn, being a far less cultured quadruped, slips Hogarth down for a moment and shakes his saddle of SOME OF THE THINGS onto the ground in the changing area, before hoisting the unconscious barbarian onto his back again.  Not particularly able to wield a bucket, Rhyhorn skips that segment of the process, setting a still-clothed Hogarth down gently next to the bath for the women to take care of.  He sets a stone rhino hoof-paw thing into the water, feeling it for temperature before excitedly scampering in, heading for the center and beginning to dogpaddle around after a long day of trading goods, shopping, checkpoints, and hauling ALL THE THINGS plus Hogarth.

Ryqoshay

Yvonne pays no heed to the curious looks she gets from passersby and continues her song all the way to Silver Coin Tavern. "I tolerate the water when," she doesn't let up as she enters the lobby "It's in a bath and warm!" She follows the signage towards the bathing facilities. "Not as rain nor snow nor ice," excitement enters her voice as she spies the door "But when it's in steam form!" She glances about for a place to prepare and finds a cubbyhole to land in. The one below her is filled with clothes she recognizes as Elia's. She retrieves the needle and thread from her tiny backpack, quickly lamenting that she couldn't find a smaller one, as this one is almost as big as her forearm. Shrugging away the thought, she quickly shoves the thread through the eye and ties it off. Next, she deftly separates the lily's petals from its stalk and discards the rest. Setting one petal aside, she then lays the rest out flat and partially overlapping. The needle easily punctures through the petals and drags a trail of thread between them. After making several passes around the bunch, the fire sprite believes that is enough and ties it all in a loop. Holding the remaining petal up, she attaches the tip to its end with an adjustable cinch. Finally satisfied with her work, she moves her stuff down a cubby and behind Elia's items. She removes her jewelry and shoves it all in her pack from which she then retrieves a silver coin and exiting the storage place. "Hey!" she calls to one of the attendants. "Any chance ya' coul' wash this fer me?" she tugs on the gossamer fabric of her skirt to indicate what she means. The attendant nods. "Yay!" the fey girl cheers and promptly disrobes before dropping the garments and tip into the attendant's hands. "Thank ye!" she says happily before telling the human her room number. "Bath time!" she cries flying out of the changing room and into the bathing area. "Hello, Elia!" she calls to the human healer, speeding past, not waiting for reply. "Hello, Nathalie!" she calls to the human rogue, speeding past, not waiting for reply. "Look out below!" she calls to Rhyhorn before curling into a ball and plunging into the warm water.

st4rw4k3r

Elia opens her I eyes to the sound of Yvonne greeting her. "Hello Yvonne. Where ever you might be."

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn turns his head upon hearing Yvonne, before hearing the splash nearby.  He dives under the water, looking for the pixie for a moment before realizing he should stick to paddling above the water to prevent himself from sinking into the bath entirely.