• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 16, 2024, 07:46:01 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Final Fantasy X Remake Announced

Started by Eternal248, September 14, 2011, 01:43:22 am

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Eternal

Personally, I'll be very happy to see X be on a portable console. Far more convenient to play that way and- if it sells- maybe we'll get a FFXII remake too~
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

I want a FF7 remake >_>
Even if I fear they'll ruin it with crappy additions

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

MysticKnightFF5

September 14, 2011, 02:34:50 am #4 Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 02:35:20 am by Dunkelritter Luna
Quote from: Dome on September 14, 2011, 01:56:53 am
I want a FF7 remake >_>
Even if I fear they'll ruin it with crappy additions

Why fix what ain't broke?
Quote from: Eternal248 on September 14, 2011, 01:55:07 am
Personally, I'll be very happy to see X be on a portable console. Far more convenient to play that way and- if it sells- maybe we'll get a FFXII remake too~

Agreed, vita would make FF12 absolutely beautiful....

I'd like to see an MMO on the vita, and hopefully take advantage of its internet capabilities?
Seriously, only one game on the PSP took advantage of the online feature in any sort of decent manner. It'd be much cooler if they enhanced online play on the Vita using FF as its figurehead.

RavenOfRazgriz

It's going to have a cameo of Cloud and Ramza running out of the Farplane while being chased by Altima in order to push the link between FFVII and FFX as well as pushing their recent release of War of the Lions on the iPhone.

Callin' it.

RandMuadDib

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on September 14, 2011, 03:03:27 am
It's going to have a cameo of Cloud and Ramza running out of the Farplane while being chased by Altima in order to push the link between FFVII and FFX as well as pushing their recent release of War of the Lions on the iPhone.

Callin' it.

Doin it for the lulz!
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Kaijyuu

10 was a pretty decent game, though shouldn't the be remaking 5 and 6 before this one?
  • Modding version: PSX

Kaijyuu

I admit; I liked it mostly because of the sphere grid. The story was blah, and gameplay was only decent.

At least the main character got over his family issues rather than being a ball of angst the entire time like most crappy japanese games with teenager main characters.

RandMuadDib

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on September 14, 2011, 03:11:42 pm
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,13243.msg192572.html#msg192572
^This message covers my responses.

Except for the bit about XII I feel the same. It was even more boring and just as linear as xiii (maybe even more linear, at least gran pulse felt open). Not a fan. Do not want.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: RandMuadDib on September 14, 2011, 03:59:03 pm
Except for the bit about XII I feel the same. It was even more boring and just as linear as xiii (maybe even more linear, at least gran pulse felt open). Not a fan. Do not want.

What pissed me off about XII was how I could spend hundreds of hours perfecting everything and still not have a fucking chance to beat Zodiark, because I used my Dark Matter when he was immune to physical damage.  And Zodiark has those enemy-only advantages because SE unbalanced XII so bad they had to give enemies their own advantages to counter stupid shit like Mist Quickenings.

Also, item drops and treasures.  Fucking hate them too.

RandMuadDib

Honestly I preferred the loott system because dinosaurs, cactii and giant monster plants aren't likely to carry sacks of gold.

Kaijyuu

Being able to steal items from live enemies but not loot it off their corpse makes even less sense.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

I mean the randomness of it all.  You have a 0.0235% chance to get some items.  Why even put those items in the game, if you must spend hours fucking around with the game to get them?

Durbs

Quote from: Kaijyuu on September 14, 2011, 07:17:17 pm
Being able to steal items from live enemies but not loot it off their corpse makes even less sense.

That I can agree with. However... am I the only one who actually likes FFXII? Yes, the story needs reworking (well... more the main characters than anyone else; Vaan was just a pathetic choice and Ashe needed a different personality, but almost all of the side characters were neat), but the battle system, espers, sidequests, major exploration components(!!!) in the game are all wonderful.

RandMuadDib

GeneralStrife

12 Was -okay-.
Great Idea SE, Let's rerelease 10, instead of some of the awesome ones. Time to nut up or give up square.

EmmaNigma

I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.