• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2024, 11:38:14 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Good news everyone!

Started by Pickle Girl Fanboy, September 02, 2011, 11:15:05 am

GeneralStrife

He doesn't have to hope a generic doctor casts esuna now, he just needs potions

Pickle Girl Fanboy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRwx0tqiBPs

I'm on antibiotics for now.

What would happen if your robbed a pharmacy and told them to give you all their potions?

Pickle Girl Fanboy

September 15, 2011, 07:27:57 pm #22 Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 07:28:43 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
I'm out of antibiotics, and the abcesses are still there.

The first five days I was taking the antibiotics nothing happened. The abcesses stayed the same size, and I was getting headaches and sore/stiff muscles in my neck and upper back.

So I cut open the largest abcess with a knife and leaked pus, hard off-white stuff, and blood all over the place. The pain changed from the sort of pain I associate with inflamation (having had fairly nasty allergies most of my life) to the kind of pain that you feel after you work out or when a deep cut is healing.

I did this every day, and it got smaller and softer, but I noticed other things. I started to cough and sneeze a bit, there's a tiny bit of blood drying in the back of my nose whenever I wake up, and the pain and stiffness spread to the muscles of the left side of my chest, my left sholder, and the upper part of my left arm. Also, the inside of my left ear sometimes feels a bit of pressure, as does the back of my left eye, though that has mostly passed.

I'm now out of antibiotics. I can't afford to go to a doctor, so my question is, should I go to the emergency room to get this fixed? Will they drain the abcesses on my neck and give me a shot of antibiotics, or do I need something else?

Kaijyuu

Somehow I doubt performing surgery on yourself is a good idea.
  • Modding version: PSX

Dome

Quote from: Kaijyuu on September 15, 2011, 08:44:00 pm
Somehow I doubt performing surgery on yourself is a good idea.

I do this every day for my toe, and I'm still there
As long as you know what you are doing (And you can endure the pain), you can perform surgery on yourself

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Pickle Girl Fanboy

September 16, 2011, 04:48:29 pm #25 Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 04:49:44 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
Yeah, I looked at abcesses on WebMD and it said I should never do it, because the infection could spread, in some cases to the bloodstream.  A blood infection is often lethal, even today with all the technology we have.  I'm sorry to disappoint, but I'm not cutting myself open anymore, especially since I don't have any antibiotics floating in my bloodstream.

Also, WebMD said most abcesses are drained on the spot, not treated with antibiotics.  I don't know what the fuck my doctor was thinking.

Still, if it wasn't right under my ear, I'd still cut it open, just for shits and giggles.  And because it'd make an awesome video.  As it is, I don't think I can position my camera to catch the incision while making it, so no dice.

Dome

Just don't die to make an awesome video:
There's no use for money if you are dead

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Dokurider

Um, yeah, the doctor should have lanced it then and there AND should have put stuffing in it so that it'll heal completely. If you just drain without stuffing it, it's just gonna heal on the outside and there's still gonna be abcess sized hole in your body that's gonna just fill up again. Stuffing prevents the body from healing over the abcess, forcing the body to heal the whole thing. It's painful as all hell, but it's works. I suggest getting a different doctor/going to a different hospital.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

I think I'll go to the emergency room, but I'm broke and have no way to pay for it.  Will that be okay with them?

Dokurider

September 17, 2011, 11:11:13 am #30 Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 11:11:48 am by Dokurider
Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on September 17, 2011, 10:17:09 am
I think I'll go to the emergency room, but I'm broke and have no way to pay for it.  Will that be okay with them?

They have to. That's what that oath they take is all about.

Go. Now.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

September 17, 2011, 02:34:03 pm #31 Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 02:36:06 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
I went, and the emergency room doctor just stuck needles in the abcesses (I have two small ones below the big one under my ear) and drained all the blood and pus out of them.  He said I got most of the juice out the big one when I cut it open, and that I'd probably be fine.  Though they did ask that I follow up with another visit to the doctor, but since I'm broke and unemployed...

Also, he said the big one was already healing, since it had a lot of blood in it.  It got smaller and softer after each time I sliced it, and the last time it felt like there were two, I guess you'd call them pus chambers.

We'll see what happens.  If my head drops off within the next week, I'll go back.

EDIT

And I forgot to ask him to film it.  Damn.

Lijj

What's the status? I hope they've healed up..
I suppose you could go to a clinic hopefully with a sliding scale type of deal (it'd probably only be about 40 dollars) or go to the hospital give themg a phony name if you must.
  • Modding version: PSX

Pickle Girl Fanboy

There's still stuff in the abcesses, but they're much smaller now.  The big one under my ear is tiny, but growing slowly.  I don't dare cut it open without antibiotics.

And yes, even the emergency doctors around here are apparentally morons.  Either that, or they think I have an infinite amount of money, and can keep going to the emergency room for them to cut it open, so they don't have to pack it or otherwise find some way to keep it open while it heals.

OlivriaNoel

Glad you're not dead. That's always a plus for a person.
And so, Oliviria began her journey to hacking FFT well.

There may have been some rejoicing.