• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 16, 2024, 12:23:55 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Hacking and a dex drive

Started by Sanguine, August 19, 2011, 01:35:26 am

Sanguine

I was wondering if you hack the game and save the state to the memory card using a dex drive if the game will play on a playstation fully hacked? it seems to me like it should work but i dont know all that much. thanks

Kaijyuu

Just by using a save game from a hacked game? Really doubt it. You'd probably get really glitchy and weird characters having abilities they shouldn't.
  • Modding version: PSX

Tigerspike

Quote from: Kaijyuu on August 19, 2011, 07:53:47 am
Just by using a save game from a hacked game? Really doubt it. You'd probably get really glitchy and weird characters having abilities they shouldn't.

This.  Having messed around with Tactics on my PS1, I can tell you that unless you're running a patched game, your hacks won't work correctly.  The only ones that seem to work independently of a patch are ones that put characters in your party.  That being said, they will look messed up on the formation screen, and depending on the character their skills won't work at all (e.g. Elmdor, Altima).  Just remember, unless you've patched your game, the disc will always run what it is programmed to run.
Oh come now. That doesn't even make sense. How can flimsy paper possibly beat the raw density of stone?