• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2024, 12:06:31 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

questions about the FFTorgASM hack utlity

Started by Ashram, April 07, 2011, 11:27:05 am

Ashram

question about the FFTorgASM hack utlity
i see the wiki and it doesn't describe in detail what each checkbox will do to my game. my other questions are sepcfic to the changes in 1.3 and how if i were to modify them, would they change the game(would it cause a crash).

x+1% knockback.

1)**does 1.3 use this, and what if i want it to 100% always knockback. i notice in 1.3 it's very common to knockback vs normal fft.
2)**can i put the x value to 99+1%. and always have it knockback? and will me overriding cause the game to crash?

x+1% crit
3)** now i can see why you want to crit more often, but changing any of these thigns effects enemy attacks also correct? so this is a silly one to put to high im guessing.

Global C-Ev
4)** does 1.3 use this? looks fun.

weapon strike fix.
5)** i read up on your weapon element effects weapon damage type. does this revert it back to normal? if so, id prefer that.

6)** the formulas in 1.3, i read the whole guide, but these asm hacks have so many changes, which ones are active in 1.3??
Ex: Axes & flails / knightsword coversion / posion formulas.

divide exp gain in half
7)** im guessing this halfs all exp gained in battle? if so wouldn't this be usful to get jp while not overleveling?? im guessing this is not on by default in 1.3?

8)** I see in 1.3 easytype that br / and fa say in the guide do not affect attacks and damage, but when i read 1.3 normal it doesn't clearly say this. is this a 1.3 easytype mod ? and if so does br and fa become essentially useless, ( not so much usless but not something you should be concerned about to much)

9)** removes permanent faith/brave alteration.. uhh ok, that does? no changes due to story line choices? or..

10)** you got this awesome program with a window where you can type stuff, so why do i see a buncha check boxes that say equip knife - katana staff - knightsword ect, with no gosh darn dam explanation in what it's doing. like wtf. i have an idea, but why kill myself figuring it out specifically.

11)** the innate all effect enemies correct. what if i innate all move-find and the enemy lands on a pick-up item? lol, did i just lose the game ?

12)** special characters can do propostitions?? uhh ok ?

13)** walls reduce hp damage to one?

14)** broken/stolen items can be bought back at fur shop. can some one break my stuff steal my stuff and i can easily just goto furshop and buy my pawn'd stuff back!? for real!?

15)** all these formulas for weapons, again which ones are in use if not all since im guessing they have to be due to removed fa/ BR restriction.

26)** in 1.3 easytype, what are the bonuses from:
attack up
magic attack up
defence up
magic defense up
now i notice i have an option of 25 or 20, whats default and whats 1.3 easytype have?

philsov

1/2) Pretty sure, I don't know the current figure.  Yes, 99 will cause perma knockback.
3) Yes, it affects all attacks.  Enemies gain as well.
4) no.
5) Yes.  Lightning Stab would finally be Holy elemental.
6) None.
7) Not a default in 1.3.  It's currently glitched that 1 exp -> 0 exp = Infinite JP at no expense which is what 1.3 is not about.
8) What?  Br and Fa certainly matter.  Modding is removed (old school talk skills, etc), though some abilities still lower Br in normal while this isn't possible in easytype.
9) No changes in storyline, yes.  This also enables the old school talk skills to exist and not have permanent carry over. 
10) Those will change the Support Abilities "Equip Knife" into "Equip Katana + more"
11) Yes.
12) Yeah.  You go to the bar and send them away for a while.
13) Wall status.  Not to be confused with the Priest spell.  Currently it makes the character immune to everything, but also in vanilla there's way to gain it and no one has it so....
14) that is what the tin says, es.
15) none of them for 1.3.  Most of them for upcoming patches.
16) 4/3 for the boosters and 2/3 for the reducers.  Just like normal.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

The Damned

It should be noted, with regards to 13 and 14, that those hacks have additional problems.

Wall status apparently screws with the AI (and just makes the AI not attack you, which makes things stupidly easy) and the broken and stolen items showing up in Fur Shops hack is apparently rather glitchy.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Ashram

16) 4/3 for the boosters and 2/3 for the reducers.  Just like normal.

do not copy that,  basically 1/3rd stronger is what your getting at vs 20 and 25 %? so essentially it's a down grade?

philsov

the ASM application is a downgrade to those abilities, yes. 
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.