• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 01, 2024, 10:08:54 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Should all mods be given OP on IRC chat?

Started by Eternal248, March 23, 2011, 03:24:19 am

Should all mods be given OP on IRC chat?

Yes
6 (31.6%)
No
13 (68.4%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: March 30, 2011, 03:29:03 am

Eternal

March 23, 2011, 03:24:19 am Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 03:28:51 am by Eternal248
FFH is going to be undergoing some minor rule and moderating changes soon, starting with some simple things like adding more moderators on IRC. Do you think forum mods should be given OP on chat? Vote!

EDIT: This poll is going to last for a week. Feel free to discuss!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Celdia

If this means all mods? No. I don't think project mods should get ops in IRC. I'm fine with the major section mods getting ops though. You know, the people that you placed in charge of helping to run the whole site as opposed to their individual sections.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Angel

• Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Mando

Quote from: Celdia on March 23, 2011, 03:45:36 am
If this means all mods? No. I don't think project mods should get ops in IRC. I'm fine with the major section mods getting ops though. You know, the people that you placed in charge of helping to run the whole site as opposed to their individual sections.

For this reason I voted no. I'll change to yes if it is amended to be the main mods, not every sub section mod.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

The Damned

Might want to explain what "OP" even means with regards to mIRC for those of us who are unaware, such as myself. Given how much I've used it to mean "overpowered", while I can begin to guess, I'm not even sure what it entails.

Then again, I hardly use mIRC, so should probably have no say personally.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Dome

Quote from: Celdia on March 23, 2011, 03:45:36 am

This
Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on March 23, 2011, 10:20:56 am
I have no idea what OP means.
And this

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Eternal

OP = channel operator. Basically a mod on IRC. Sorry about that.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

dinosaur

March 23, 2011, 01:56:32 pm #8 Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 01:57:45 pm by dinosaur
No they should not!

Mods on the forum are placed because of their expertise. For example, Dome = spam and Twin = Sprite. This does not mean they have the ability to moderate chat.

Further, the more mods on chat the difficult it is to establish stability. Mods might argue between which mod did the 'right' thing or dispute between rules. There needs to be one head in IRC like there is one head on the forums. (IRC is not big enough to have mid-mod levels).

Pickle Girl Fanboy

March 23, 2011, 02:03:21 pm #9 Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 02:12:08 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
No.  Chat Mods have different requirements than forum mods.  Time zone/availability/no life should be a consideration, along with, um, excitability.

Eternal

You guys can change your votes as well, currently, as we discuss things. Mando, Dome, Dino, and PGF, who would you nominate, then?

Eternal

Problem is, he rarely comes on IRC much anymore. I'll take down a list a bit later of who's on a lot.

dinosaur

March 23, 2011, 02:41:55 pm #13 Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 02:42:53 pm by dinosaur
I nominate: Celdia, you or me (I think we have an open/ rational outlook on situations)

Honestly, I think chat is fine how it is now.

Mando

March 23, 2011, 02:54:16 pm #14 Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 02:55:05 pm by Mando
Its hard to say really, many people who are on IRC are usually afk. Sam and Zaen are also on a decent amount of time; plus they are quite rational.
There is also Celdia she is pretty rational, calm, and on often.

I don't nominate Dino because he tries to be sunshine and rainbows but he knows deep down he is just a Cubone!  :twisted:

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Samuraiblackbelt

Quote from: Mando on March 23, 2011, 02:54:16 pm
Its hard to say really, many people who are on IRC are usually afk. Sam and Zaen are also on a decent amount of time; plus they are quite rational.

After what happened last night I'm not sure how many people would agree with you, Mando. But it's easy to sit on the outside and tell the people with power what to do, if I were ever given it I would be in less of a rush to use it.
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

dinosaur

I don't want to do it, we are not at a point in society were a gay can be mod ... maybe in the future XP

So I nominate TWIN!!

Kagebunji

March 24, 2011, 06:50:47 am #17 Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 10:20:15 am by Kagebunji
Actually, disregard it...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Kagebunji

FYI, Celdia don't want to be an OP, I learned it yesterday. Maybe if we make cute eyes she will consider it, heh.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown