• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 17, 2024, 07:08:34 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Please help me out.

Started by spydir420, February 24, 2011, 11:29:57 am

spydir420

Hi, I just started get a grasp on sprites and I was wondering if it's possible to add a sprite to one of the slots in the party? I apologize if I'm not asking this question understandably or if its been answered already.

Thank you for your time,
Spydir420

Cheetah

The answer is yes, you can change any sprite. Get FFTPatcher and ShiShiSprite Editor will change the sprites for you. You can download custom sprites from the main page.
Current Projects:

spydir420

Quote from: Cheetah on February 24, 2011, 01:00:52 pm
The answer is yes, you can change any sprite. Get FFTPatcher and ShiShiSprite Editor will change the sprites for you. You can download custom sprites from the main page.

Thank you, but is there a certain way to put that sprite in place of say whatever character is in slot.2 of my squad.

Cheetah

No, assuming you mean just changing a generic character. With a save editor you could change who is in your party and give them different sprites. Or you could give all squires a different sprite. But you can't easily turn a generic character into a special character that always has the same sprite regardless of job.
Current Projects:

spydir420

Quote from: Cheetah on February 24, 2011, 02:54:10 pm
No, assuming you mean just changing a generic character. With a save editor you could change who is in your party and give them different sprites. Or you could give all squires a different sprite. But you can't easily turn a generic character into a special character that always has the same sprite regardless of job.

Thanks again man, I didn't think to do it that way.