• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFTacText problems specifically the crystalization bug

Started by renzoku000, February 03, 2011, 10:05:38 am

renzoku000

Hello all, i have been using melonheads tools to patch FFT: WotL

I did some heavy editing of texts to fit the changes i've made on the patcher

however the one thing i can't seem to change the crystalization text (comes out with open.lzw problems)

I changed the text to Unit turned to crystal! however the fftactext does not seem to like that  :cry:

Any help would useful thanks

DrBreen

Hmm...It helped me for PSX,maybe it will work for PSP too.
First,edit the crystalization text. Then save the ".ffttext" file. Close FFTactext,then start it again,load your WotL file,then open ".ffttext". Then patch your game.
Hope it helped.

renzoku000

February 04, 2011, 07:35:41 am #2 Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 07:48:44 am by renzoku000
OK! I managed to patch all the text  :mrgreen: but even when i changed the crystalization text it still crashes  :?

also sometimes when an enemy dies it shows the text for the treasure chest drop when its actually the crystal and doesn't crash and sometimes it just crashes when they die??? any ideas anyone

formerdeathcorps

Wait...what did you do?

Did you make a crystallization spell?  If so, that spell CANNOT affect more than one unit, or the game will crash.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

renzoku000

I didn't make any new spells just edited some abilities like JP costs, power, range, mp etc

the only change to inflict status was for midgardsormr where i used a blank spot to create separate poison effect for it