• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 04, 2024, 04:39:54 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

First Portraits/Edits

Started by gordon3348, January 31, 2011, 10:13:57 pm

gordon3348

January 31, 2011, 10:13:57 pm Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 10:16:14 pm by gordon3348
So here is my very first attempt at spriting and editing, its Cloud and Squall from FF7 and FF8 respectively

input, guidance, and harsh critics needed and welcomed

side note : I found squall on google somewhere and cloud is zacks lower part with slightly modified head

Cheetah

JPG is the format of the devil. Use PNG for most things, and BMP for near complete sprite previews.

You did your editing in x2 of x3 zoom of original resolution, so they aren't really usable.

Fix these things and I will have more to say, but behind the jpg garble they look promising.

PS: Welcome to FFH.
Current Projects:

gordon3348

I saved them originally in BMP but uploading to photobucket converted them to JPG, is there a better file hosting site?

gordon3348

January 31, 2011, 10:23:28 pm #3 Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 10:24:38 pm by gordon3348
ok stupid me i think i figured it out now

for squalls fur i used Balthiers portrait peices

GeneralStrife

dinosaur

I like Squalls hair! So sexy- I wish I had it.

No worries Gordon, someone will give your help on how to make the portraits usable! Nonetheless, nice work!!

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Lijj

Um I don't know what exactly is going on here but there's a major problem with this portrait and it's a big one. The hair is a different resolution than the face. it's too high(like twice the resolution) to make any sense. The only way you'll get the hair like squalls is by sacrificing half of the pixels. Still I would just redraw the whole thing based on that in one resolution.
  • Modding version: PSX

Lijj

That fur looks good Jimmy.. maybe just open an original portrait ripped from shishi take the lower half of what Jimmy edited and try to emulate the hair in bigger pixels from where ever you got this odd collage of portraits of Squall. Just don't go over 16 colors try to share a couple shades within the hair and skin if you have to.
  • Modding version: PSX

jimmyjw88

February 01, 2011, 10:57:07 pm #9 Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 12:24:53 am by jimmyjw88
That actually is the original portrait. All I did is just scale it down. If you zoom in, you'll notice it's messy and need fixes; plus it's way over 16. For the fur, Gafgarion's is perfect.

EDIT:

Here's 16 colours but major fixes needed. I can try fix it but no guarantee when or you can pick this up and fix it. Good luck and welcome to FFH.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.