• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

[Old] ALL old topics created before the FULL release (Merged together!)

Started by Dome, December 05, 2010, 02:02:09 pm

Which one is the best, and why?

Ignore
0 (0%)
this
0 (0%)
topic
0 (0%)
!!!!!1111
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Dome

Finally, from the next release 1.4 won't have 1.3034 in the first intro screen!
Too bad I suck at editing images
This is the banner for the moment

Is someone good with paint/photoshop?

Remember, it must be 320x32 pixels.  

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Dome

Quote4) No, I mean more is Performer replacing both Bard and Dancer? Or is one of them dying to buff the other? That's what I meant by the unisex question.

Bard and dancer job has been renamed "Performer" and now includes the skills of both classes (Nerfed)

Quote6) I see. I can see the potential in that, though the jump from 81 to 225 damage (before any modifications) seems rather...much, especially since I'm assuming it won't be that difficult to get within 4 range as opposed to 6 range.

Move +2/3 will be removed, along with teleport and OP movement skills (Until I understand how to rework them)
So, difference in range will matter
Also, the rifle is 2 handed, forcing you to not being able to equip shields

Quote8-a) 33% seems a bit much, then, much less 40%. Not sure what to change it too at present, though.

I'll leave it as it is
Playtesting will let us know if it's OP, UP or ok

Quote8-b) Aye, I was already aware of that. It's not that instant-Flare would one-shot everything (maybe)--it'd still probably 2HKO most things, though. It's that it's pretty much THE option to use compared to other Black Magic AND its instant. I mean, Flare is arguably already one of the best Black Magic spells, and you're making it faster for the "cost" of requiring it taking two Wizards to instantly cast it as opposed to one. It just seems like that's going to be problematic, but, eh, you've people to test it, so why not if it's not egregiously broken?
Playtest will answer us

Quote8-c) Hmmm...not sure. Maybe "Weight"? It seems like a gravitational spell and Weight seems like it conveys the non-damaging nature, as "meh" as the name is. Shrug.

I'll keep the name, for the moment...

Quote8-e) Not sure what you mean this. I just meant that multiple-targets when Silf tries to drain will only show one target being drained and "Aeon" kind of steps on Spell Absorb's toes, especially since it's instant. Unless you just mean that the "solution" is simply to have Aeon drain less than Spell Absorb, in which case I suppose I can agree.
Salamander (Which is the spell I decide to work on) will suck 20% of the mp of a single target, it will be instant, and will cost 10 Mp

Dome

Well, I know, but I'd like to have something different from 1.3, even if it means that the banner will be worse...

Kill_Bones

I know a couple of guys on RPGuild that might be able to whip something up. I'll get back to you on this.

EDIT: Any aspects of the banner you have in mind?

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Dome

Quote from: Kill_Bones on February 24, 2011, 03:28:12 pm
I know a couple of guys on RPGuild that might be able to whip something up. I'll get back to you on this.

EDIT: Any aspects of the banner you have in mind?

That would help a lot
No, not at all...everything, as long as it fits the FFT theme

Kill_Bones

OK. I'll see if they can fit time in. (Might be a week or so, they get alot of requests, but the quality is worth it. A la my sig XD)

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Dome

Celdia

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Kill_Bones

Oh and another question, are you looking to insert this into the title screen or just on the site? Also, are you deadset on "1.4" or is there still a chance of a name change?

-Abraham Lincoln

Dome

For the moment, it will stay 1.4
It will be put both on the site and in the patch :-)
@Celdia: Thanks :-)

Celdia

If you get more of an idea of what you want and you know the full limitations of the banner for in-game use (color limit, etc) I can try to do something a little more showy. Or even a specific font you'd like to use.

Dome

Quote from: Celdia on February 24, 2011, 03:44:43 pm
If you get more of an idea of what you want and you know the full limitations of the banner for in-game use (color limit, etc) I can try to do something a little more showy. Or even a specific font you'd like to use.

Do everything you want, I have no idea at all in mind xD

Celdia

I'm a whore for the blue spectrum.

And again with the lighting shifted a bit.

Dome

Quote from: Celdia on February 24, 2011, 03:57:44 pm

I'm a whore for the blue spectrum.

Blue is my favourite colour
Awesome (Even if the upper and lower part of the letter are a bit hard to see...) :-)

GeneralStrife

Gimme a sec...

EDIT

Dome

Wow, from 0 to 3 banners...now I don't know which one I should use xD

GeneralStrife

Here's one where the light fades off of the banner

EpicSolidSnake

Say dome, you say this before : 

4) I want to keep the instant spells something related to the class, and comet, while a good idea, doesn't feels something casted by the Time mage...For the moment, Freeze will stay

...Think again, the time mage in FF5 can actually use comet, id say comet would fit the Time mage perfectly.
R.I.P : SolidSnakeDog

Dome

Quote from: EpicSolidSnake on February 24, 2011, 05:11:43 pm
Say dome, you say this before :  

4) I want to keep the instant spells something related to the class, and comet, while a good idea, doesn't feels something casted by the Time mage...For the moment, Freeze will stay

...Think again, the time mage in FF5 can actually use comet, id say comet would fit the Time mage perfectly.

Time mage in FFT focuses on buffing/debuffing and "changing" the CT
Not on damage (Aside from meteor...)