• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 01, 2024, 08:22:40 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[Old] ALL old topics created before the FULL release (Merged together!)

Started by Dome, December 05, 2010, 02:02:09 pm

Which one is the best, and why?

Ignore
0 (0%)
this
0 (0%)
topic
0 (0%)
!!!!!1111
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

The Damned

What? I wasn't trying to say don't turn them into special characters (and I don't see where I was implying that, but apologies if I somehow did). I was saying that "you can do better than turning Rad into a Red Mage and I honestly have no idea what Lavian & Alicia would become since I'm not using them in my patch".

That was all.

And, yes, Boco could stand to have a boost.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Dome

Quote from: The Damned on February 23, 2011, 01:47:17 pm
What? I wasn't trying to say don't turn them into special characters (and I don't see where I was implying that, but apologies if I somehow did). I was saying that "you can do better than turning Rad into a Red Mage and I honestly have no idea what Lavian & Alicia would become since I'm not using them in my patch".

That was all.

And, yes, Boco could stand to have a boost.

Yes, I misunderstood
No problem :-)
But, I don't have many ideas at the moment, and red mage looks like a good class for a special...

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Scearcely

3 options for red-mage special

rad: detailed above, he needs a role, and in vanilla he's a squire with some oracle tricks which leads right into redmage(ffxi's version) and he arrives early enough for the skill set to be worthwhile.  This is my vote

agrias:  its a stretch, her true class as far as ff history would be concerned would be paladin(her vanilla whitemage levels) but again as far as FF lore, redmages were knights that ventured into the magical at the cost of physical ability, and a redmage would be the 2nd choice as a guardian knight behind a paladin(and being the 2nd choice would explain why she sucks so hard at it) again, joins early enough for skill to not be outclassed

beowulf:  no question its where he fits to keep him from doing a tapdance on oracle's feet, but he's a chapter 4? character...

for the twins... the old darknight sell out would fit for them.  could do the darknight(knight with black magic) paladin(knight with white magic) dichotomy as well.

Another thing, jumping on dancer/singer hate.  drop those two classes completely(even getting rid of the performer idea) and make the twins a "swordsinger" and a "bladedancer" give each a reduced version of the appropriate skill set (the status songs have to die, as well as the speed ones[ct and sp], neither can be balanced) and then throw in some instant PA based ranged attacks.

of course now you gotta figure out what to replace bard/dancer with, but you're down to just 1 needed class instead of 3

+1 to boco needing a boost, even if it makes chapter 1 harder, sad 2 of the hardest vanilla fights are in chapter 1(dorter and windmill)

EpicSolidSnake

Quote from: The Damned on February 23, 2011, 01:04:00 pm
20 CT? ...Are you serious? Even Meteor doesn't charge for that long. Congrats. Self-Destruct goes from potentially overpowered and braindead to completely worthless and taking up space. (It forces you to give Bombs Non-Charge, otherwise Bombs suck completely then.)

Ahh...i meant 20 SPEED not CT xD

That would be 5 CT not 20. (Sorry for confusion lol, but anyway, dome don't seem to want to add it anyway.)

*Form Scearcely*

3 options for red-mage special

rad: detailed above, he needs a role, and in vanilla he's a squire with some oracle tricks which leads right into redmage(ffxi's version) and he arrives early enough for the skill set to be worthwhile.  This is my vote 

***This would fit***

agrias:  its a stretch, her true class as far as ff history would be concerned would be paladin(her vanilla whitemage levels) but again as far as FF lore, redmages were knights that ventured into the magical at the cost of physical ability, and a redmage would be the 2nd choice as a guardian knight behind a paladin(and being the 2nd choice would explain why she sucks so hard at it) again, joins early enough for skill to not be outclassed

***Agrias would become a paladin? Kinda fits but...wy not make one of the other girls be paladin istend?***

beowulf:  no question its where he fits to keep him from doing a tapdance on oracle's feet, but he's a chapter 4? character...

***I could say oracles need a buff to there status attack skills,id say an much higher % for most of em to make em more userfull and reliable to use. Not all of em but most of em.***

for the twins... the old darknight sell out would fit for them.  could do the darknight(knight with black magic) paladin(knight with white magic) dichotomy as well.

***Dark Knight is used by gafgarion aleardy, we would need to change his class name. Black Knight could fit that role for knight skills and black magic combined...or maybe not.***

Another thing, jumping on dancer/singer hate.  drop those two classes completely(even getting rid of the performer idea) and make the twins a "swordsinger" and a "bladedancer" give each a reduced version of the appropriate skill set (the status songs have to die, as well as the speed ones[ct and sp], neither can be balanced) and then throw in some instant PA based ranged attacks.

***Even if id like em to be changed completely, i don't think dome will ever change em.***

of course now you gotta figure out what to replace bard/dancer with, but you're down to just 1 needed class instead of 3

+1 to boco needing a boost, even if it makes chapter 1 harder, sad 2 of the hardest vanilla fights are in chapter 1(dorter and windmill)

***+2 He could be the white chocobo class istend...making him a special character you can't get anywhere and with that great color too.
...Not gonna hapend heh ? Oh well... Anyway, he could use a buff to his growths to be more userfull later in the game...maybe even a bit higher base speed.***
R.I.P : SolidSnakeDog

Dome

Ok, changelog so far, or stuff I'm working on for the next release:

1) Boco already IS a special character
2) Rad will be a red mage
3) Alicia and Lavian will be specials, but I don't know what class (I was thinking the Onion Knight class?)
4) Bard and dancer will be fused into a single class, which will require "5 mediator" and "2 samurai" to be unlocked: It will have both the abilities of the Bard and the Dancer, but the range will be nerfed to 5 panels around the caster and 5 vertical range (Performer will be the name?)
5) Fixed all bugs listed so far
6) Guns reworked a bit
7) Frog and Poison moved to the Oracle class
8) Almost every caster got a 0 CT spell
(Priest: 30 MP range 4 single panel instant heals 33% of Hp, costs 30 Mp - 500 Jp)
(Black Mage: Flare got reworked. Now it costs 700 Jp - Range 4 single panel costs 40 Mp Y = 20, same black magic formula)
(Time mage: Got a custom spell named freeze, 500 Jp to learn, Range 4 50 Mp one panel, inflicts don't move and slow on the target, same Hit% of stop)
(Oracle got a reworked posion spell: It works the same as 1.3, but it's instant, costs 30 Mp and 500 jp to learn)
9) Tiers system and fixed growths (10/10/150/50/50) will be implemented
10) Lowered jp costs here and there, now EVERY class should be able to unlock at least 1 ability when it's unlocked
11) Monks lost Martial arts innate, spin fist and wave fist are wind elemental, chakra and stigma magic only works on the monk that used the skill

Think something is stupid/should be changed? Speak now xD

EpicSolidSnake

Quote from: Dome on February 24, 2011, 04:36:10 am
Ok, changelog so far, or stuff I'm working on for the next release:

1) Boco already IS a special character
2) Rad will be a red mage
3) Alicia and Lavian will be specials, but I don't know what class (I was thinking the Onion Knight class?)
4) Bard and dancer will be fused into a single class, which will require "5 mediator" and "2 samurai" to be unlocked: It will have both the abilities of the Bard and the Dancer, but the range will be nerfed to 5 panels around the caster and 5 vertical range (Performer will be the name?)
5) Fixed all bugs listed so far
6) Guns reworked a bit
7) Frog and Poison moved to the Oracle class
8) Almost every caster got a 0 CT spell
(Priest: 30 MP range 4 single panel instant heals 33% of Hp, costs 30 Mp - 500 Jp)
(Black Mage: Flare got reworked. Now it costs 700 Jp - Range 4 single panel costs 40 Mp Y = 20, same black magic formula)
(Time mage: Got a custom spell named freeze, 500 Jp to learn, Range 4 50 Mp one panel, inflicts don't move and slow on the target, same Hit% of stop)
(Oracle got a reworked posion spell: It works the same as 1.3, but it's instant, costs 30 Mp and 500 jp to learn)
9) Tiers system and fixed growths (10/10/150/50/50) will be implemented
10) Lowered jp costs here and there, now EVERY class should be able to unlock at least 1 ability when it's unlocked

Think something is stupid/should be changed? Speak now xD

1) I hope he will be helpfull once i start my monster LP...if not you will die an horrible death!  :evil:

2) Okay, it could work. But be sure to give somewhat higher magic power to him that normal cause he is a MALE...at less, just for his special class.
So it means that the sage will become a Blue mage istend? It should help me in the monster challenge LP later on....maybe.

3) Onion Knight? Need more details on that one, cause this is rather a class  that improve if you master other one...i think. What kind of skill exatly you want to give em?

4) Hmm...this could lead to AI abuse...you could use a dancer move and force the enemy back form the area of effect...idk.

5) Great!

6) Bang! Oh yeah! It feel better wen i fire it! (Gonna use it to kill ya if BOCO is not good eneuf  :twisted: )

7) Ok for me.

8) Priest : 33%? I don't know...only units with high HP will benefit for this...and the MP cost seem a little high for me.(I know it is instant cast but..it cost more that cure 4! and 33% is not that much...id say reduce the cost or higher % to about 40%.) But the JP cost is fine.

Black Mage : Im neural on this one.

Time Mage : Don't seem that userfull...and very unreliable...and cost way too much MP....very UP if you ask me...i for one, id never depend on it.

Oracle : 30MP for poison? Don't you think thats a little too much? Aslo the JP cost should be a bit lower...

9) This is bad...so bad it is good. (:P)

10) ...nothing to say here.

Thats it.

Dome

Sorry, forgot this:
11) Monks lost Martial arts innate, spin fist and wave fist are wind elemental, chakra and stigma magic only works on the monk that used the skill

Added to the post

Eternal

Spin Fist and Wave Fist being Wind elemental strikes me as being a buff, actually, since Wind can be boosted, and I don't recall many items that reduce/nullify/absorb Wind damage.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Pride

As EpicSolidSnake pointed out, the new Oracle and Time Mage skills are both very lackluster and not worth using. I understand increasing the MP cost for an instant spell, but Poison is an average status and 30 MP to cast it is absurd. Freeze is too unreliable and the MP cost is way to high, this should be remedied. Though, I don't think Freeze is necessary on the Time Mage.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

EpicSolidSnake

Quote from: Eternal248 on February 24, 2011, 06:06:14 am
Spin Fist and Wave Fist being Wind elemental strikes me as being a buff, actually, since Wind can be boosted, and I don't recall many items that reduce/nullify/absorb Wind damage.

True...so basiquely the changes will make the monk stronger, but can't be a support character anymore.
Alright guys, bring out the white mage skills.

Eternal

Not sure if you've got them planned out already (I haven't really scanned the 1.4 topics much yet) but ideas for insta-cast spells:

Black Mage- Force
Non-elemental minor damage- Range: 3

White Mage- Pray
Slightly less healing than Cure- Range: 3

Oracle- Condemn
Long CT spell, inflicts a random debuff that the Oracle can inflict with its other spells- Range: 3

Time Mage- Comet
Minor non-elemental damage (less than Force's)- Range: 3, AoE: 1

Summoner- Aeon
Minor MP drain- Range: 3
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

Thanks everyone for the feedback guys, help is very appreciated :-)

1) Wave and spin fist becoming wind elemental is not meant to be a buff or a debuff, it's just something that I felt it must be done xD (Ps: With the loss of martial arts, every Monk skill is weaker now. Also, martial arts has been removed from the game, it will be innate for some boss-monster)
2) Well, seems that Eternal gave me a wonderful idea for the instant Oracle spell: An instant range 4 spell that can inflict 1 of the many status the oracle can inflict, choosen at random
3) I also like the idea for the instant summon, it will replace Silf or Salamander
4) I want to keep the instant spells something related to the class, and comet, while a good idea, doesn't feels something casted by the Time mage...For the moment, Freeze will stay
5) Prayer (Instant white magic skill) will be buffed to 40% healing

Now, about new custom classes:

Talking about the Red mage:
- He will have balanced stats across the board (5/6/6/5/6 or Something like that) and the skillset I posted before

Talking about the Onion Knight:
- He will have good all around stats (7 in each stat) and will be able to equip everything, Maintenance and equip change as innate skills (Also, the skillset will be empty and he will have very good support-movement abilities to learn)

Dome

Monsters will have fixed growths in 1.4 (8 Hp/10 Mp /100 Speed/40 Pa/40 Ma) (Also, remember that every monster of the same family will have the same stats, only the skills are different)

Hp multipliers will be (Maximum Hp will be 999 at level 99, minimum around 544)
130 - 143 - 157 - 171 - 185 - 198 - 212 - 226 - 240

Speed multipliers will be (Minimum will be 11 at level 99, maximum 15)
115 - 120 - 125 - 130 - 135 - 140 - 145 - 150 - 155 - 160

Pa/Ma multipliers will be (Minimum will be 21 at level 99, maximum 30) (Supposing max starting stats for the monster)
105 - 110 - 115 - 120 - 125 - 130 - 135 - 140 - 145 - 150

Any idea/Complain?
P.s: Some monster formula may be reworked (no more "BOMB WITH MA 77" is possible...)

philsov

10 growth and 100 multiplier is 376 HP. (37 HP at level 1, 155 HP at level 35)

10 growth and 255 multiplier is 960 HP (and 96 HP at level 1, and 396 HP at level 35)

Monsters need growth that is superior to humans because monsters do not equip gear.  Human growth with large multipliers is either too good early on or too poor in late/endgame.  You'll see that many monsters have like... 7 MA growth and 100 multiplers and their damage to enemy HP ratio is great.  Unless you're planning on a blue mage, which will upset that equation drastically, you can stick to the above scheme or something similar.  If you do have a blue mage, then things get more interesting but monsters still need superior growth in all areas regardless.

Here is a spreadsheet.  You change the numbers in bold and see what happens.
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=1737.0
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Dome

Quote from: philsov on February 24, 2011, 12:04:51 pm
10 growth and 100 multiplier is 376 HP. (37 HP at level 1, 155 HP at level 35)

10 growth and 255 multiplier is 960 HP (and 96 HP at level 1, and 396 HP at level 35)

Monsters need growth that is superior to humans because monsters do not equip gear.  Human growth with large multipliers is either too good early on or too poor in late/endgame.  You'll see that many monsters have like... 7 MA growth and 100 multiplers and their damage to enemy HP ratio is great.  Unless you're planning on a blue mage, which will upset that equation drastically, you can stick to the above scheme or something similar.  If you do have a blue mage, then things get more interesting but monsters still need superior growth in all areas regardless.

Here is a spreadsheet.  You change the numbers in bold and see what happens.
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=1737.0

Thanks for the help/Suggestions Phil :-)
Yeah, I'll probably change the Growths of the monsters
Also...yes, a blue mage will probably make in, so I have to pay attention...

P.s: I hope you don't mind if I edited away the "50" size from your post, it was hard to read xD

The Damned

I really wish there was still a function for enumerated lists:

1) If Boco is already a special character, then what is his movelist? Or are just supposed to look at Boco that Eternal and philsov made for the later 1.3 versions to see what you're intending?

2) I still kind of have to agree with RavenofRazgriz about that particular Red Mage being largely achievable with Geomancer plus White Mage or Time Mage. However, if you insist on using it, have you thought of the unique skill?

3) Similarly, while I can see where you're going with this Onion Knight thing, I'm not sure I like the idea of not only making two people the same exact (ability-less) class, but also making it a class that is completely redundant (and generically attainable) in the PSP version. How much free ability space do you have still and what are you generally planning to use it for?

4) Those job requirements don't seem to make much sense. I mean, Mediator does, but Samurai just seems completely random. Also, does this mean that Performer is going to be a unisex job then?

5) Nothing to say here. It's good to see that they trouble you know more. Out of curiosity, what was causing them? Just ENTD errors/mistakes?

6) Do you mind being more specific about what you did to Guns?

7) That's...okay I guess. Thematically it makes sense at least.

8) Hmm...I'm not sure how I feel about CT 0 abilities when it comes to spell-casters still.

8-a) Pray might be overpowered depending on how much 33% HP is on average, much less 40% HP. It should be more than X-Potion, given the MP cost, but how much HP are heavily armored units going to have on average?

8-b) I don't like making Flare instant at all. An instant-nuke seems like it obviate everything that Black Mage has now in most circumstances since they've lost both Poison and Frog (and got nothing else) and elements still don't really seem to mean much in your patch.

8-c) I can't say that I like the "Freeze" idea either, though at least I don't think it's OP in this case; the name doesn't help considering that "Don't Move", "Stop" and "Freeze" are rather similar. Also doesn't help that the spell name might be mistaken for something that's Ice element.

8-d) A "Status Ball" or "Condemn" idea or whatever you want to call it sounds good. It's probably only one of the five I actually could get behind.

8-e) Pretty "meh" about this since it kind of screws over Spell Absorb unless you were already getting rid of that from Oracle. That said, if you're going to replace Salamander or Silf, I'd say to replace Silf. You'd have to make the MP Drain single target, though, given that Silf doesn't show it draining from multiple targets for some reason.

9) It still remains to be seen how viable this is and I need to actually do stat-based work myself still, so I've no comments on it at this time.

10) The same as philsov and such means it's an idea I can get behind.

11) Wind-based attacks for Monk seems fine if they're losing Martial Arts. Gives the more of a reason to use 108 Gems between that and Earth Slash. I approve of Chakra only targeting the Monk. However, with regards to Stigma Magic, given what's used for it, if it only works on the Monk it becomes useless for curing things like Don't Act and Petrify. Not that I care very much since it's a Monk--just pointing that out.

Quote from: EpicSolidSnake on February 23, 2011, 07:51:05 pm
Ahh...i meant 20 SPEED not CT xD

That would be 5 CT not 20. (Sorry for confusion lol, but anyway, dome don't seem to want to add it anyway.)

Oh, okay. That's a lot more reasonable.

Quote from: Eternal248 on February 24, 2011, 06:17:07 am
Not sure if you've got them planned out already (I haven't really scanned the 1.4 topics much yet) but ideas for insta-cast spells:

Oracle- Condemn
Long CT spell, inflicts a random debuff that the Oracle can inflict with its other spells- Range: 3

One of these things is not like the other.... [/jackass]

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Dome

QuoteI really wish there was still a function for enumerated lists:

Completely agree, you have to manually quote everything...

Quote1) If Boco is already a special character, then what is his movelist? Or are just supposed to look at Boco that Eternal and philsov made for the later 1.3 versions to see what you're intending?

Boco can use every Chocobo Skill (But not Chicken, the monster skill) and has Defense up and move Hp up as innate
His job is called "White Chocobo"
He has the stats of a normal chocobo

Quote2) I still kind of have to agree with RavenofRazgriz about that particular Red Mage being largely achievable with Geomancer plus White Mage or Time Mage. However, if you insist on using it, have you thought of the unique skill?

If you have another idea, feel free to speak, nothing is set in stone
At the moment, the red mage idea is perfect for a special class that isn't overpowered and obtained early in the game

Quote3) Similarly, while I can see where you're going with this Onion Knight thing, I'm not sure I like the idea of not only making two people the same exact (ability-less) class, but also making it a class that is completely redundant (and generically attainable) in the PSP version. How much free ability space do you have still and what are you generally planning to use it for?

Different point, same answer: If you have another idea about custom special jobs, feel free to speak

Quote4) Those job requirements don't seem to make much sense. I mean, Mediator does, but Samurai just seems completely random. Also, does this mean that Performer is going to be a unisex job then?

No, it will still uses the same sprites
5 Mediator because it need to be able to speak, and 2 Samurai because Samurai are skilled warriors
But, as always, if you have a suggestion feel free to speak

Quote5) Nothing to say here. It's good to see that they trouble you know more. Out of curiosity, what was causing them? Just ENTD errors/mistakes?

Yeah, some ENTD mistake
I had to edit almost all the fights manually, and I missed something xD

Quote6) Do you mind being more specific about what you did to Guns?

Not at all, Just take a look at the spoiler below
Romada gun: The same as vanilla (8 range, 6 WP)
Mythril gun: 6 Range, 9 WP)
Stone gun (Now called Rifle): 4 Range, 15 WP, no more initial: Petrify - Forced 2 hands
All the magic guns: Range 5, 20 WP, can Only cast the tier 2 spell (Y = 16)

Quote7) That's...okay I guess. Thematically it makes sense at least.

Quote8) Hmm...I'm not sure how I feel about CT 0 abilities when it comes to spell-casters still.

I also don't like the idea very much, but sometimes Mages are freaking useless because of the AT

Quote8-a) Pray might be overpowered depending on how much 33% HP is on average, much less 40% HP. It should be more than X-Potion, given the MP cost, but how much HP are heavily armored units going to have on average?

Something around 700 Hp, I think
Tank Monsters will get 99 Hp

Quote8-b) I don't like making Flare instant at all. An instant-nuke seems like it obviate everything that Black Mage has now in most circumstances since they've lost both Poison and Frog (and got nothing else) and elements still don't really seem to mean much in your patch.

A lot of monsters have weakness - Resistance
Each element focuses on a different thing (Fire on Damage, Ice on AoE, Bolt on speed)
Flare made everything else obsolete at lower levels...and now it's istant, but the Y is 20 (It won't 1-shot everything)

Quote8-c) I can't say that I like the "Freeze" idea either, though at least I don't think it's OP in this case; the name doesn't help considering that "Don't Move", "Stop" and "Freeze" are rather similar. Also doesn't help that the spell name might be mistaken for something that's Ice element.

I couldn't come up with a better name...feel free to suggest one

Quote8-d) A "Status Ball" or "Condemn" idea or whatever you want to call it sounds good. It's probably only one of the five I actually could get behind.

Thank Eternal for the idea, then xD

Quote8-e) Pretty "meh" about this since it kind of screws over Spell Absorb unless you were already getting rid of that from Oracle. That said, if you're going to replace Salamander or Silf, I'd say to replace Silf. You'd have to make the MP Drain single target, though, given that Silf doesn't show it draining from multiple targets for some reason.

20% single target Mp drain won't kill anyone...

Quote9) It still remains to be seen how viable this is and I need to actually do stat-based work myself still, so I've no comments on it at this time.

I've posted all the numbers in this topic

Quote10) The same as philsov and such means it's an idea I can get behind.

:-)

Quote11) Wind-based attacks for Monk seems fine if they're losing Martial Arts. Gives the more of a reason to use 108 Gems between that and Earth Slash. I approve of Chakra only targeting the Monk. However, with regards to Stigma Magic, given what's used for it, if it only works on the Monk it becomes useless for curing things like Don't Act and Petrify. Not that I care very much since it's a Monk--just pointing that out.

Monks needed a nerf, now (Imho) they are fine...

RavenOfRazgriz

Everyone is turning Rad into a Red Mage, heh.  To be honest, Special Red Mage is far more useful than Generic Red Mage because you can be a lot more flexible in the design - giving it useful and/or powerful skills without worrying as much about obviating certain magic schools, etc. so that it becomes both distinct and useful if those skills aren't recycled.  Even if they are recycled though, the class can still have some kind of flair - ASM'd turns Beowulf into a Red Mage with some of the best spells from each school and he's shaping up to be a powerhouse champion despite having no unique skills unless philsov keeps Shock.

Tl;dr Rad the Red Mage could actually be cool if he does it correctly, so despite Generic Red Mage being a retarded idea I'll hold my mock reflex until I see what his actual plans for it are.  

Dome

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on February 24, 2011, 01:06:28 pm
Everyone is turning Rad into a Red Mage, heh.  To be honest, Special Red Mage is far more useful than Generic Red Mage because you can be a lot more flexible in the design - giving it useful and/or powerful skills without worrying as much about obviating certain magic schools, etc. so that it becomes both distinct and useful if those skills aren't recycled.  Even if they are recycled though, the class can still have some kind of flair - ASM'd turns Beowulf into a Red Mage with some of the best spells from each school and he's shaping up to be a powerhouse champion despite having no unique skills unless philsov keeps Shock.

Tl;dr Rad the Red Mage could actually be cool if he does it correctly, so despite Generic Red Mage being a retarded idea I'll hold my mock reflex until I see what his actual plans for it are. 

Red mage (if it gets implemented) will be Rad-only (And some enemy may use the class...I still don't know)

The Damned

Hey now, I'm not necessarily turning Rad into a Red Mage. It's just an open option since he indeed shows up rather early in the game (and I don't have to worry about Lavian or Alicia and want more special magicians anyway).

1) I see. So you're still using Monster Skill for things? Hmmm. That should be...interesting.

2-3) I'll see if I can think of anything, but I'm too busy trying to finish ideas for my classes' first draft at present.

4) No, I mean more is Performer replacing both Bard and Dancer? Or is one of them dying to buff the other? That's what I meant by the unisex question.

5) Understandable. I don't look forward to touching the ENTD, especially since I've already decided I need to completely overhaul everything, maybe even the maps (eventually).

6) I see. I can see the potential in that, though the jump from 81 to 225 damage (before any modifications) seems rather...much, especially since I'm assuming it won't be that difficult to get within 4 range as opposed to 6 range.

7) No problem.

8-a) 33% seems a bit much, then, much less 40%. Not sure what to change it too at present, though.

8-b) Aye, I was already aware of that. It's not that instant-Flare would one-shot everything (maybe)--it'd still probably 2HKO most things, though. It's that it's pretty much THE option to use compared to other Black Magic AND its instant. I mean, Flare is arguably already one of the best Black Magic spells, and you're making it faster for the "cost" of requiring it taking two Wizards to instantly cast it as opposed to one. It just seems like that's going to be problematic, but, eh, you've people to test it, so why not if it's not egregiously broken?

8-c) Hmmm...not sure. Maybe "Weight"? It seems like a gravitational spell and Weight seems like it conveys the non-damaging nature, as "meh" as the name is. Shrug.

8-d) Well, it's not like you HAD to implement it, so you're both thanked. There's thanks enough for everyone.

8-e) Not sure what you mean this. I just meant that multiple-targets when Silf tries to drain will only show one target being drained and "Aeon" kind of steps on Spell Absorb's toes, especially since it's instant. Unless you just mean that the "solution" is simply to have Aeon drain less than Spell Absorb, in which case I suppose I can agree.

9) Oh, I saw that already. As I said, it means nothing to me until I actually start doing stat work.

10) It only makes sense too, at least for things like Lancer/Dragoon and such.

11) Oh, I agreeing with you about the nerf. (Hell, if I was keeping them around, I'd nerf them even harder.) Merely pointing out that Stigma Magic doesn't work like it should if it's confined to self unlike Chakra working just find (and not being an overpowered POS anymore). As also said, I couldn't care less if you "fix" that or not since I kind of hate Monk. So...yeah.