• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2024, 09:40:04 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[Old] ALL old topics created before the FULL release (Merged together!)

Started by Dome, December 05, 2010, 02:02:09 pm

Which one is the best, and why?

Ignore
0 (0%)
this
0 (0%)
topic
0 (0%)
!!!!!1111
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Dome

Focus of the discussion:
Quote1) Ramza sucks right now, he is a nerfed squire: He should get lower multipliers, higher growths (On par with mime), and a unique skillset focused on the fact that he is the leader of a small army (And his class name should be changed to something else...something like Cadet - Mercenary - Heavenly Knight, for example...THIS IS NOT A LOLSWORDSKILL PATCH, just Ramza's class name will change)
Quote from: "ryudo6850"1. Ramza topic- I changed his class to Leader he uses axes (new ones I added some are 1 handed lower dmg so you can shield and some are 2 handed with HIGH dmg)

My reasoning for giving him an axe is to make him a bit more unique. Giving him a sword only brings the temptation to give him a sword skill set. Some of the moves I have given him are.
Tomahawk ( a weaker ranged move essentially throwing his axe).
Explosion of Rage (looks like mimic titan does high MA dmg to people within a spinfist range has a charge time of 4)
Anger (raises PA by 2 Lowers MA by 3 ct time of 3)
Intellect (Raises MA by 2 lowers PA by 3 ct time of 3)
Reckless(Berserk + Regen -self target only)
Metatron Torment (Does intense amount of single Target PA damage ct time of 6)
-more skills can be added for  stat crippling or normal squire moves-

Replies/feedbacks/ideas/suggestions:
Quote from: "Eternal248"@1: Ramza is Cadet/Mercenary/Heretic in Newtype and it seems to work fairly well. I think LD gave him the Mercenary job on Mercs. In regards to his skillset, I had come up with a few "Command" skills for Zalbag for Newtype that I had originally created for Ramza. Basically, it was skills that used the Talk Skill formula and affected all allies, and would give them various statii, such as Defend, or PA +1, with a CT/MP Cost. Not sure if that's the flavor you want to go for, but that's my two cents. :P
Quote from: "Otabo"1. Agreed. Ubersquire stats could use a buff, even if it's only slight. Also think that something else should be done to Scream (does anyone use Scream, or at least find it remotely useful?).
Quote from: "philsov"1) Yes, Ramza needs to be at least on par with normal squires for stats and abilities.  He only goes through 3 total classes though, and "Heavenly Knight" makes me throw up a little in my mouth.
Quote from: "Gotwald"1. Ramza could have better growths (a little) better multipliers (again, a little) and the regular squire stats, possible a change to the useless scream, but she should not become some special class. He is a squire. Remember, calculater would be really hard to balance, so it was replace by sage. Ramza doesn't need to be a special swordkiller because he is ramza; the only reason he could have better growths and equipment is because he actually grows in the plot and story, it would make sense
Quote from: "Gaffy's stylin mustache"1) I agree; it's pretty sad that Squires have better stat growths than "uber"Squire. I'd say leave chapter 1 Squire as is (with slightly buffed growths, like 9/9/95/45/45), and throw him into something completely new in chapter 2 - maybe something that plays off the fact that he's equally good at fighting and casting magic? One thing I've always wanted to see done was a black magic variant of Beowulf's skillset: single target, no CT sword spells, but I'm not sure it would fit Ramza too well. Another idea would be to simply one-up the Squire abilities: Heal removes more statuses, Dash has a 100% chance to interrupt spellcasting, Wish is 100%, Accumulate loses CT, stuff like that.
Quote from: "Zenius"1. Agree. I see no merits having Ramza in Ubersquire class. The only time I ever used Scream was against the Colliery Engineers
Quote from: "Lucifer_zero"1) Every chapter Ramza base job could be diferent, with multiplier and growth beter each one, and Chap 4 could use more skills that could be learned from other special jobs ( like... hum... Crush punch ), i also dont think that Ramza need an uber, but a versatile class
Quote from: "StarScythe"1. Yes, though it still needs to be a job thats chapter appropriate. I like the idea of his job "evolving" as the game progresses, but it needs to be within reason. I dont think Ramza should have an entirely unique skillset, but rather an optimized one. Sorta like Algus having some knight skills throuwn in. Later, as the base job evolves other skills could be added, such as Gaff's skills being given (Ive always thought this should happen).

Or we could just leave his base class as it is and give it some nice innate. Say monster skill, attack up, magic attack up. That would not make the class game breaking early on, and would still be useful later in the game, and stays with Ramza's ubersquire them of being a jack of all trades. This version of Ramza will do anything well, as well as carry the squires "basic skills" of being able to restore, heal, and revive.
Quote from: "Chrona"1 - I fully agree with the new job with axes that Ryudo posted. I pretty much never used axes before, and this would be pretty interesting. The idea of a Berserker class with options is something I'd really like to see

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Dome

Quote from: "Aquilae"I agree with philsov, your plans are very vague. How do you want 1.3 to be improved? Is altering Ramza's base class necessary? For casual gamers, there is 1.3 Easytype. I don't see how making 1.3 easier is much of an improvement.

From what I see, Ramza does just fine as a Squire, and he is unique in his equipment options (as a Ch2-Ch4 Squire) and his above-average stats. I use Squire as a carrier class quite frequently because it can equip hats and armor and equip a different support. Improving Ramza's base class and its skills doesn't help balance the jobs out, because Ch2-Ch4 Squire is already very usable in comparison to other jobs.
About Ramza:
Quote- Multipliers and growths will be the same for each version of his class (Same growths of mime, nerf his multipliers)

- The names of his class will be: Cadet (Chapter 1) Mercenary (Chapter 2/3, but I'm not sure about this name) Heavenly knight (Or whatever the rank of his dead father his...Yeah, before asking it, slaying 2 Zodiac monsters is more than enough to deserve this title IMHO xD)

- By chapter 4, he should be able to wear everything (Or at least almost)

-Skillsets:
- Skillset chapter 1: Normal squire skillset (He is just a cadet after all), plus a special skill (That should be decided)
- Skillset chapter 2/3: 2 other special skills should be added (And squire-abilities should be removed)
- Skillset chapter 4: 2 other special skills should be added

- Some ideas for custom skills: (Nothing definitive, just ideas)
1 panel - 3 range instant skill that removes every negative status from an ally
An instant skill that heals every ally unit on the map for small amount of hp (Costs some mp)
An auto-buff spell that gives Ramza Protect - Shell - Haste (CT, costs some MP)
An high accuracy invite (30%)? that works only on "critical" enemies
1 panel - 3 range instant skill that 100% adds regen and defend to an ally unit
-More to come later-

Ramza does not have better stats
Better equipment options for sure, but not better stats
Also, while I agree that his class is usable, a normal squire gets better abilities (Wild blow and bull eye) while he gets almost useless one (SCREAM >_>)
Also, I'd like to ask you this: Would you use him if he was a random special character and not the main one? (I mean, if he wasn't forced in each story fight?)
I wouldn't, at all
My opinion is that Ramza IS a special character, and as such should get unique abilities and better stats than a normal generic
Ramza's class is easier to balance rather than other specials, because it grows up with the player, instead of unleashing it's full potential in the instant you get him
I also hate the fact that his class name is Squire...COME ON!
The hero of the game...a squire! And Divine/holy knights takes orders from him...

About 1.4:
I'd like to turn FFT 1.4 into a community project, where everyone can propose ideas about how FFT 1.3 can be balanced in order to be better and funnier to play
It's still vague, because the project is in his larval stage...
That's why the main focus of this topic is the Discussion of the ideas

FFMaster

Points 2/3/4/12 should be the first points addressed, since they affect the whole game. May have missed a few, but yeah, work on things that affect the whole game first.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Skip Sandwich

my five cents

I agree that the ubersquire job classes need attention. The progression I feel would flow best is Cadet/Mercenary/Heretic
Cadet - Wish should be unique to ramza/chapter 1 delita, Lasting Dawn has made some good points about how this ability represents in a subtle way the major split in ramza and delita's worldviews post chapter 1. ramza also needs some way of inviting enemies, perhaps invite should be a ramza unique ability as well (train and monster talk can stay on mediator though).

Mercenary - loses most of his special cadet skills, with the exception of Wish and possibly invite. in terms of magic ability, why not make ramza into a designated blue mage of sorts? with the ability to learn new spells from the various zodiac demons and a few high-tier monster types (this also serves as a lead-in explaining his ability to learn ultima from the assassins, it's a talent he always had, but didn't develop until he was on his own)

Heretic - any changes at this point are mostly stat and equipment based.

fully agree, though I also think that most battles need one designated "leader" enemy set to a higher level, with "boss" units set to even higher levels then that.

fully agree with no stipulations

again, fully agree with no stipulations

I would rather see permament brave/faith manipulation to follow a ratio of 31 points temp = 1 point permament. This would still allow you to manually adjust the brave/faith of your units, but not beyond a minimum of 30 points and a maximum of  70.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Chrona

Actually, I think that 30/70 cap is pretty reasonable. Is there a way to just cap it though? Raising 30 points a battle would be pretty time consuming and basically lead to needless grinding, the current 4:1 ratio would be fine if there was a way to cap
Silver Noble

GeneralStrife

Lucifer_zero

It´s all about Ramza, but each quote is about one topic

Quote from: "CLASS NAME"Can we make 4 class instead of 3 for Ramza ?

I´ve liked the "heretic" name, but only for chapter 3 that would be nice... if i would name the class for each chapter would be like

Chapter 1 - CADET   [ cuz he really start the chapter as a cadet ]
Chapter 2 - MERCENARY [ he start as a mercenary....]
Chapter 3 - HERETIC [ what he became ]
Chapter 4 - VAGRANT KNIGHT [ cuz he is someone who travels the world as the adventure goes on ]

Quote from: "GROWTH AND MULTIPLIER"And about the growth, i still think that each chapter need a better growth than the previous one, as a reflection of Ramza growth, and with it, people who like to hav a "perfect stats" would hav make a low level game

Multipliers the same idea, as game goes on, the multipliers go up too.

Quote from: "SKILLSET"I agree with:
- Skillset chapter 1: Normal squire skillset (He is just a cadet after all), plus a special skill (That should be decided)
- Skillset chapter 2/3: 2 other special skills should be added (And squire-abilities should be removed)
- Skillset chapter 4: 2 other special skills should be added

But, at Chapter 4, Ramza hav gone almost all world, seeing all, learning a little of every people around the world, that´s why i´ve said to make he be able to learn more than ULTIMA from enemies.... and that would give his class more like an appearance of a "jack of all trade, master of nothing", IMHO all the ideas from Dome make Ramza more like a Cleric support than a Adventure look, except the INVITE one, but if proposal #4 is accept, then this skill would be meaningless.

For instance, as he worked with Galfgarion, then he could learn to use one of his skills

Quote from: "GeneralStrife"screw the name 1.3
Final fantasy tactics : hacktics addition

Heeey... i liked that name !
My english sucks... and i know this.

Currently playing:
- FFT +, by Dome
- CCP, by Celdia

Dome

Good news guys, I'm working on a small demo to be released as soon as possible
It will feature the whole chapter 1 :-)

Features that are going to be implemented: (Remember that nothing is set in stone)
- Every non-monster class in the game has fixed growths: 10 Hp 10 Mp 90 Speed 42 Pa 42 Ma (In this way we can test if it's a good idea or not)
- Ramza will be a cadet (Special class, very similar to squire) with 2 custom learnable skills (Also, he is the only playable class with the wish skill and invite, but it won't get the latter until chapter 4...all those skills will be Ramza exclusive) (He also gains bull's eye, and the other custom ability that was originaly made for squire, but It won't be learnable in chapter 1), and different R/S/M (His cadet class will have Weapon guard/Counter/Equip armor/Move +1) He can equip shields (Like any other squire)
- Squire lost Bull's eye and the other custom ability, gained revive (Which was buffed a bit and renamed) which has been removed from the monk arsenal (Wish is Ramza-only, so Squires had to gain something that allowed them to resurrect others)
- Knight gained weapon guard and chemist gained monster skill for the moment (If the archer is going to be replaced with hunter, the new class will get it)
- Every enemy is party level with fixed equipment, and every battle will have something worth stealing
- You cannot steal BETTER equipment from randoms (you can steal, but you can't get better equip that the one you can buy)
- Starter generics you get at the beginning of the game have fixed Br/Fa (Good one, ofc) but random Zodiac signs
- Brave/Faith changes are not permanent (Talk skills did not change, atm...they just lost invite, because it's going to be a Ramza-only skill)
- First battle guests are controlled by you, except Agrias and Gaffy

philsov

Quote from: "Dome"Good news guys, I'm working on a small demo to be released as soon as possible
It will feature the whole chapter 1 :-)

Features that are going to be implemented:
- Every non-monster class in the game has fixed growths: 10 Hp 10 Mp 90 Speed 42 Pa 42 Ma (Yeah, even specials)
- Ramza will be a cadet (Special class) with 2 custom learnable skills (Also, he is the only playable class with the wish skill and invite, but it won't get the latter until chapter 4) (He also gains bull's eye, and the other custom ability that was originaly made for squire will be learnable in chapter 2), and different R/S/M. He can equip shields.
- Squire lost Bull's eye and the other custom ability, gained revived (Which was buffed a bit and renamed) which has been removed from the monk arsenal
- Knight gained weapon guard but the squire didn't lost it (I will explain this later) and chemist gained monster skill for the moment (If the archer is going to be replaced with hunter, the new class will get it)
- Every enemy is party level with fixed equipment, and every battle will have something worth stealing
- You cannot steal BETTER equipment from randoms (you can steal, but you can't get better equip that the one you can buy)
- Starter generics you get at the beginning of the game have fixed Br/Fa and Zodiac signs (Good one, ofc)
- Brave/Faith changes are not permanent

-More to come later-

wat.

- Fixed growths were never discussed
- What ARE these skills?  What different RSM?
- Why did the Squire lose those skills?
- Why did Punch Art lose Revive?
- Why are there two classes with the same reaction ability (that's set to 0, no less)
- Hunter class?  WTF
- EASYTYPE DOES THIS
- That's the like... only thing that's been remotely discussed so far
- STRONGLY against set zodiacs, as Ramza's zodiac is always free to be chosen and you will ideally want a group that synergizes well with him.
- Did you revert the talk skills?  Did you bring back Foxbird?  Are the 1.3 talk skills still a part of the Talk Skill skillset?
- This is a minor blip in the grand scheme of things

This is not a continuation of 1.3, this is not community involved, and your descriptions are far too vague and rushed.  You have two days to fix this before I move this topic into new projects because at this rate this topic certainly does not belong here.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Dome

Quote from: "philsov"wat
Ok...someone asked a demo, in order to make everyone able to discuss on something "Solid" rather than 100% theory
That's why I'm pulling out this...those are just my ideas
None of this changes are definitive, AT ALL
Just take it like...a pre-alpha, or as a "Working ground"
I ask you to trust me: the release of this alpha will allow the development of this project. If you don't agree, or for whatever reason you think this topic should not stay here anymore move it, I won't take offense, I promise.
Also, I apologize if it's looks confused, I will try to clean up

Edit
I'll answer your questions, just remember, nothing that has been done is permanent
- Fixed growths were never discussed
Seeing them in action will allow us to see by ourself if they are good or wrong, IMHO, and better discuss IF they should be implemented or not, that's why I put them in
- What ARE these skills?  What different RSM?
I'll post a video soon (Don't expect anything spectacular)
Weapon guard/Counter/Equip armor/Move +1
- Why did the Squire lose those skills?
At the moment, to make Ramza the only one able to use them...
- Why did Punch Art lose Revive?
To give it to squires
- Why are there two classes with the same reaction ability (that's set to 0, no less)
Yeah, it's stupid. Fixed
- Hunter class?  WTF
That's just one of the suggestions that floated in this topic
- EASYTYPE DOES THIS
We already know that easytipe does almost half of the things discussed here...
- That's the like... only thing that's been remotely discussed so far
The Alpha will allow us to see if it works well or not, I suppose
- STRONGLY against set zodiacs, as Ramza's zodiac is always free to be chosen and you will ideally want a group that synergizes well with him.
Yeah you are right, I'll make them random
- Did you revert the talk skills?  Did you bring back Foxbird?  Are the 1.3 talk skills still a part of the Talk Skill skillset?
No, no, yes

Anyway, Added point 30 to the list

philsov

Quoteseeing them in action will allow us to see by ourself if they are good or wrong, IMHO, and better discuss IF they should be implemented or not, that's why I put them in

There's spreadsheets and stat calcs.  I'm not about to get to 99 to just explore how things are.

Quote- Why did the Squire lose those skills?
At the moment, to make Ramza the only one able to use them...

Basic skill really needs them.  If you want to give something unique to Ramza don't cannibalize a different skillset to do so.

Quote- Why did Punch Art lose Revive?
To give it to squires

1.3 Wish is the bastard child of Revive and Phoenix Down -- it's instant, has vert tol, not 100%, and revives with very low HP.  Squires already had a revival move.  Punch Art did not need to lose reviving function.  If you wanted Wish to revive people with more HP, just tweak that.

Quote- Did you revert the talk skills? Did you bring back Foxbird? Are the 1.3 talk skills still a part of the Talk Skill skillset?
No, no, yes

Then.... there's no Fa altering even possible, and the only Br modifications are: the permanent gains from Chapter 1, saving Boco, and saving Musty plus the losses from... Look of Fright? What's the point?

Gaffy's stylin mustache

My first thought is that, if we want to create 1.4, we have to first look at the scope and purpose of 1.3, which was apparently to re-balance the game and increase its difficulty. Some of the ideas in your prospective demo don't seem to have any relevance to that. Before moving on with this topic, we ought to come to a consensus on a number of questions:

1) What is wrong with 1.3? Are certain skillsets too powerful? Too weak?
2) Is 1.3 too difficult? Not difficult enough? Whenever I mention the patch to gaming communities off-site, the response is largely along the lines of "Fuck FFT 1.3, even the easy patch is so hard it's just not fun."
3) In light of question 2, should 1.4 be aimed at this site's community (which largely doesn't have trouble with 1.3's difficulty) or should it appeal to more people?
4) What specific battles are too difficult? Too easy? How could we re-balance them?

Dome, it seems to me like you're trying to make sweeping changes to the game, which is why philsov threatened to send the thread to New Projects. Some of the suggestions, like changing Ramza's class name, really have little to do with re-balancing the game and improving the experience.

- Every non-monster class in the game has fixed growths: 10 Hp 10 Mp 90 Speed 42 Pa 42 Ma (Yeah, even specials)

I can see that the point is to make it so a caster can switch to the Knight class without being screwed on AP and HP, but I don't see how differing growths are a balance issue at all.

- Ramza will be a cadet (Special class) with 2 custom learnable skills (Also, he is the only playable class with the wish skill and invite, but it won't get the latter until chapter 4) (He also gains bull's eye, and the other custom ability that was originaly made for squire will be learnable in chapter 2), and different R/S/M. He can equip shields.

To me, the balance issues with Ramza are:

a. Growths are weaker than generic Squires'. Should probably be comparable to early bosses or other specials.
b. Can't wear shields in Ch.1 for some reason
c. Needs a better skillset. Yell loses in usefulness as you advance in levels, and Scream is flat out terrible. Lost Cheer Up when it turned into Regen.

I agree with giving him Invite, but unless you jack up the success rate, there isn't much reason to wait until ch. 4 to give it to him. I'm not too sure how relevant changing his class name is. First off, I think we have to come to an agreement as to what's wrong with 1.3 Ramza and how we should fix it.

- Squire lost Bull's eye and the other custom ability, gained revived (Which was buffed a bit and renamed) which has been removed from the monk arsenal

Punch Art is really strong, yeah, but I think nerfing Chakra is the solution to that.

- Knight gained weapon guard but the squire didn't lost it (I will explain this later) and chemist gained monster skill for the moment (If the archer is going to be replaced with hunter, the new class will get it)

I'm not sure why Chemists should have Monster Skill. My thoughts were that Geomancers or Mediators should have it.

I think this will unbalance the game, making monks comparatively way too powerful.

- Starter generics you get at the beginning of the game have fixed Br/Fa and Zodiac signs (Good one, ofc)

Agree with fixed Br/Fa, but not with fixed Zodiacs.

- Brave/Faith changes are not permanent

Are you going to put back Br/Fa modifying skills in? It doesn't seem very worthwhile to me; fights are difficult enough that you can't afford to waste turns buffing Br and Fa.

I really don't see why that matters.

FFMaster

Before Dome gets attacked any further, I will say that I'm the one who suggested he have a demo out. Dome may have rushed a few things, but eventually, he will have to put his foot down for things like this. For example, I don't think either side for stat growths back in 1.3 would relent. Those guys were firmly committed to either equal growths for all unit or keeping it the way Arch did it. Personally, I don't care either way. The effects are too little outside of 1.3 DD.

Before I go further though. Dome, you need to answer this. Do you care about how far away this project strays away from the original game?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Dokurider

I haven't read most of this topic, so I'm just going to throw my suggestions out there:

1. Increase Mediator's speed to120/115 SPM. I suggested this to Voldemort a while back, but he shot it down on the premise that "there were too many fast classes already." This was a reasonable explaination to me back then, but as I started work on my own project, this explaination fell apart. How many fast classes that already exist doesn't matter because each classes is fast or slow for different reasons. What classes should get should be decided by a case-by-case fashion rather than maintaining some imaginary quota. Mediator really need the speed boost.

2. This is a pretty major change, but at least try to consider thinking about it. In ASM'D, Speed overall was dropped. Highest Speed attainable was 12. I think this is a great idea and should be worth considering.

3. Innate Weapon Guard? I think it overall makes for a better game, but it also is a drastic change and needs to carefully considered.

4. Another idea from ASM'D. Philsov condensed several of the 1 range Monster Attacks into one skill successfully, freeing up a lot of space for more skills. This definitely should be implemented, giving all new skills to use. Speaking of new skills...

5. A hack that makes Oil work correctly exists. Let's finally put it to good use and actually have a skill, skills that utilizes Oil. IT IS TIME FOR THE FIGHT. FOR. OIL.

Dome

QuoteThere's spreadsheets and stat calcs.  I'm not about to get to 99 to just explore how things are.
With the demo released we (Or whoever wants to) will be able to test if it feels much different or not playing with them

QuoteBasic skill really needs them.  If you want to give something unique to Ramza don't cannibalize a different skillset to do so
Basic skills may get them back, if we see that the squire job sucks without them (Remember, nothing is set in stone!)

Quote1.3 Wish is the bastard child of Revive and Phoenix Down -- it's instant, has vert tol, not 100%, and revives with very low HP.  Squires already had a revival move.  Punch Art did not need to lose reviving function.  If you wanted Wish to revive people with more HP, just tweak that
Wish is now 100% and Ramza only. I like the fact that only Ramza (and Delita at the beginning) can use wish...it's something related to his personality, not just gameplay

QuoteThen.... there's no Fa altering even possible, and the only Br modifications are: the permanent gains from Chapter 1, saving Boco, and saving Musty plus the losses from... Look of Fright? What's the point?
It's just an ASM hack, it takes 5 seconds to put in...

Quote1) What is wrong with 1.3? Are certain skillsets too powerful? Too weak?
Sometimes it just isn't funny, and someone who doesn't know the game well won't play it at all: And a game that isn't funny is not a game

Quote2) Is 1.3 too difficult? Not difficult enough? Whenever I mention the patch to gaming communities off-site, the response is largely along the lines of "Fuck FFT 1.3, even the easy patch is so hard it's just not fun."
I want to make a patch that can be funny to play for everyone (Story = not so hard,special fights = Hard DD = Very hard)

Quote3) In light of question 2, should 1.4 be aimed at this site's community (which largely doesn't have trouble with 1.3's difficulty) or should it appeal to more people?
Everyone

Quote4) What specific battles are too difficult? Too easy? How could we re-balance them?
The better way to find them is by playing them (I'm testing a lot of chapter 1 battles atm)

QuoteDome, it seems to me like you're trying to make sweeping changes to the game, which is why philsov threatened to send the thread to New Projects. Some of the suggestions, like changing Ramza's class name, really have little to do with re-balancing the game and improving the experience
We are an hacking site, we can hack the game: Changing a name will make everything appear cooler without changing much (About the balance)
Why shouldn't we?

QuoteI can see that the point is to make it so a caster can switch to the Knight class without being screwed on AP and HP, but I don't see how differing growths are a balance issue at all
There are two sides about this one, that will never find common ground...(like FFMaster said)
I just choose one

QuoteTo me, the balance issues with Ramza are:

a. Growths are weaker than generic Squires'. Should probably be comparable to early bosses or other specials.
b. Can't wear shields in Ch.1 for some reason
c. Needs a better skillset. Yell loses in usefulness as you advance in levels, and Scream is flat out terrible. Lost Cheer Up when it turned into Regen.

I agree with giving him Invite, but unless you jack up the success rate, there isn't much reason to wait until ch. 4 to give it to him. I'm not too sure how relevant changing his class name is. First off, I think we have to come to an agreement as to what's wrong with 1.3 Ramza and how we should fix it.
Same ideas here, I did all the 3 points you wrote here

QuotePunch Art is really strong, yeah, but I think nerfing Chakra is the solution to that
My (Secret) plan was to remove ALL monk skills (Again, just an idea)...but I don't know, the only thing I know is that Monk is overpowered at the moment

QuoteI'm not sure why Chemists should have Monster Skill. My thoughts were that Geomancers or Mediators should have it
We can change that in 5 seconds :-)
Anyway yeah, mediator seems the most fitting for the role

QuoteI think this will unbalance the game, making monks comparatively way too powerful.
We can discuss on how they should be balanced
For example, we can remove martial arts as an innate for them, or we can remove their whole skillset...or else

QuoteAgree with fixed Br/Fa, but not with fixed Zodiacs
Already fixed

QuoteAre you going to put back Br/Fa modifying skills in? It doesn't seem very worthwhile to me; fights are difficult enough that you can't afford to waste turns buffing Br and Fa
Yeah, my plan was to bring them back...but everything is still on development

QuoteI really don't see why that matters
It was just one of the many changes, that's all
Also, I hate battles that are hard because you cannot customize your equipment/skills and you can't control (almost) anyone

Quote from: "FFMaster"Before Dome gets attacked any further, I will say that I'm the one who suggested he have a demo out. Dome may have rushed a few things, but eventually, he will have to put his foot down for things like this. For example, I don't think either side for stat growths back in 1.3 would relent. Those guys were firmly committed to either equal growths for all unit or keeping it the way Arch did it. Personally, I don't care either way. The effects are too little outside of 1.3 DD.

Before I go further though. Dome, you need to answer this. Do you care about how far away this project strays away from the original game?
I will release the alpha anyway, I get attacked anyway xD
I don't want to differ MUCH, but something WILL change
What? That's why this topic has been created: To start a discussion...

QuoteI haven't read most of this topic, so I'm just going to throw my suggestions out there
I know, it's WAY too long, and it's hard to keep track of the discussions: but for the moment, we must work with what we have.
I hope to get more space soon
Anyway

Quote1. Increase Mediator's speed to120/115 SPM. I suggested this to Voldemort a while back, but he shot it down on the premise that "there were too many fast classes already." This was a reasonable explaination to me back then, but as I started work on my own project, this explaination fell apart. How many fast classes that already exist doesn't matter because each classes is fast or slow for different reasons. What classes should get should be decided by a case-by-case fashion rather than maintaining some imaginary quota. Mediator really need the speed boost.
Yeah...let's hear what the other think about this

Quote2. This is a pretty major change, but at least try to consider thinking about it. In ASM'D, Speed overall was dropped. Highest Speed attainable was 12. I think this is a great idea and should be worth considering.
Dunno about this one...

Quote3. Innate Weapon Guard? I think it overall makes for a better game, but it also is a drastic change and needs to carefully considered
I'll add this point to the list

Quote4. Another idea from ASM'D. Philsov condensed several of the 1 range Monster Attacks into one skill successfully, freeing up a lot of space for more skills. This definitely should be implemented, giving all new skills to use. Speaking of new skills...
That's an awesome idea, lot of free space for us to play with
In this way we can give squires skills back to them and give Ramza improved version of his old skills...

Quote5. A hack that makes Oil work correctly exists. Let's finally put it to good use and actually have a skill, skills that utilizes Oil. IT IS TIME FOR THE FIGHT. FOR. OIL
This should be already implemented...

Dome

philsov

QuoteIT IS TIME FOR THE FIGHT. FOR. OIL.

This was addressed and added into 13034 with Bombs and their new ability Douse.  :)

QuotePhilsov condensed several of the 1 range Monster Attacks into one skill successfully, freeing up a lot of space for more skills. This definitely should be implemented, giving all new skills to use.

And then I looked around, saw my spare space, and gave a handful of them unique attack abilities back!  Woo 25% status procs!

Dome

QuoteAnd then I looked around, saw my spare space, and gave a handful of them unique attack abilities back!  Woo 25% status procs!
I was thinking about how morbol's attack should inflict poison...did you have the same idea?

philsov

Dome