• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 01, 2024, 08:08:10 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[Old] ALL old topics created before the FULL release (Merged together!)

Started by Dome, December 05, 2010, 02:02:09 pm

Which one is the best, and why?

Ignore
0 (0%)
this
0 (0%)
topic
0 (0%)
!!!!!1111
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

GeneralStrife

FFT: Spam Edition
FFT:Upbringing of a Hero
I'll think of more soon enough

cingin

FFT: Heretic Chronicles
FFT: Fight on
FFT: Dapper chap edition *Ramza weaing a monocle*
FFT: definition of Honor

RavenOfRazgriz

Keep it simple.  Call it Final Fantasy Tactics Plus.  That's... mostly what 1.4 is and aims to be, when you strip it down to its bare bones.

Complicated names reek of tryhard.  You're not a tryhard, are you?

...Oh wait, you're the Spam Mod, of course you are.  Finale Flashtacy Hacktics - Rebirth of a New Hero of Hope Final Mix+.

cingin

A run in with Undead Algus using his psp death knight sprite could be fun, I know i'd enjoy beating him up on a regular basis.

Dome

A fight with an undead Algus would be an epic win, I'll definitively add him
He'll have the dark knight skills

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

RandMuadDib

I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

RandMuadDib

skeletons or goblins using weapons and spells instead of their monster skills
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Pride

• Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Pride

On a weak weapon? I seriously doubt 100% would be over powered. If it were... Say Stop then of course but poison is a low level status on a weak weapon.

And I don't think MP Damage and normal damage is broken because of how weak then weapon is.
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Xifanie

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

The Damned

(*lazily throws his support behind Final Fantasy Tactics Plus/+*)

The support is partly because I don't want to think of anything else and partly because you aren't changing much besides the system and class mechanics.

However, you could channel Spam like RavenofRazgriz said and call it something like Final Fantasy Tactics Minus or something.

I call dibs on "Final Fantasy Tactics Minus World: Weegee Edition"...should I ever finish with Embargo/IoI.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

The Damned

(Ah, Knives. For something that's just supposed to be "blade goes in, guts come out", they're rather...annoying to deal with.)

Despite having pretty much the same Mage Masher at present, I have to agree with Pride here. As for the first dagger, well, my first dagger is basically like your Blind Knife, but that's because I got rid of Blind Knife. 100% Poison is probably fine on something so weak, especially since I am unaware if you boosted or even changed Poison status.

Eh, might as well do this in list form:

1. Knives: Not sure how I feel about the SP*WP formula, but I suppose it could work. We'll see. (I'm guessing you're using the formula for Throw, though, right? You realize that means Knives will be able to blocked by Catch, correct?)

2. Dagger: Make it 100% Poison or maybe even 100% Slow if you want to boost it.

3. Mythril Knife: It's fine as it is, at least for magical classes, though they'll eventually probably have better weapon options, at least when it comes to boosting MA. The Mythril Knife itself might out-damage those options with the use of the SP*WP formula, though given Mythril Knife's WP of 4 and mages' tendency to have crappy physical damage output, that's perhaps not saying much.

4. Blind Knife: This is completely fine as it is.

5. Mage Masher: See the beginning of this post, especially now due to the ability to make different weapons have individual "proc" percentages.

6. Platina Dagger: Probably needs to be boosted to Jump +2 to be worth a damn given how...lackluster boosting Jump often is as long as you have a Jump of 3 or more. Otherwise fine, I suppose.

7. Main Gauche: Honestly, this seems to be tied with Air Knife as the best knife overall. It pretty much obviates Zorlin Shape due to the ridiculous W-EV it has. Not sure what do about the W-EV since I don't know how much other weapons tend to have, though. At the very least, however, I would suggest that it and Platina Dagger swap weapon powers since even Jump +2 is rather weak....

8. Orichalcum: This seems fine, I guess.

9. Assassin Dagger: Also fine. Makes a lot of sense design-wise, even if I always found it among the items that are odd to be commercially available rather than something that's Poachable only.

10. Air Knife: Seems a bit overpowered, at least with both the Wind Absorb and (IIRC) the fact that the Wind boost should boost its own effective WP; I might be incorrect about the latter right given that it's been a while. It seems like it should only have one or the other and I lean towards getting rid of Wind Absorb, personally.

11. Zorlin Shape: Seems quite weak unless you boosted Defend in a way that I'm unaware of. It's probably best to go back letting it potentially cause Sleep and just giving it more W-EV.

Yeah, knives are pain in the ass, especially if you're giving them to everyone.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

RavenOfRazgriz

How is Always: Abandon weak, when you can actually equip Abandon or some other evasion-related Reaction on top of it?

If anything, it's kinda broke unless it's Two Hands Only, which both would look retarded because it's a fucking knife and would make it go in the trash pile.

Air Knife kind of screams "I do too much at once" because it's self-boosting and self-absorbing and anyone can wear it and it has great WP and doing that delicious Throw-formula damage meaning I can spec to something completely unrelated while getting the full benefit of it.

GeneralStrife

Yeah, two hands was a bad idea.
What about speed JUST for IT then?

The Damned

(Yeah, Forced Two Hands would look silly on most knives.)

All the more reason to just have it go back to inflicting Sleep and having more evasion than it originally had, I'd say. [/ass-saving]

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on June 21, 2011, 11:29:08 pm
How is Always: Abandon weak, when you can actually equip Abandon or some other evasion-related Reaction on top of it?

Ah, right. I forgot that vanilla Defend is basically Abandon. I guess I'm too used to the modified "25% damage" version and Abandon dying in a fire. Whoops.

(What other evasion reactions are there, though? Aren't Hamedo and Blade Grasp still dead right now in this patch?)

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: The Damned on June 22, 2011, 01:14:13 amh, right. I forgot that vanilla Defend is basically Abandon. I guess I'm too used to the modified "25% damage" version and Abandon dying in a fire. Whoops.

(What other evasion reactions are there, though? Aren't Hamedo and Blade Grasp still dead right now in this patch?)

25% Damage reduction version still doubles evasion.

There are several ASM hacks to weaken Abandon, FFMaster made one that causes all evasion scores to be applied universally, then there's Catch / Blade Grasp / Arrow Guard / Finger Guard, and I know 1.4 mauls Arrow Guard + Catch + Gunshot blocking into a single Reaction, at the very least.  So um, yeah.

The Damned

(*facepalms*)

Ugh. I don't know how I forgot about Arrow Guard and Finger Guard since I'm still using those. I could have sworn that Defend still didn't double evasion with the 25% change, though it would appear that I'm mistaken.

These next 48 hours are going to be so nice....