• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Attack Only?

Started by Defender, November 29, 2010, 06:28:01 pm

Defender

So, I was thinking about making a simple patch which would slightly modify the job system.  An idea I had for a new class is a Berserker: a fast, very powerful warrior that can only physically attack.  Is there any way to disable the ability to set a second reaction ability?  We know Mimes can disable all abilities, but I still want Berserkers to set RSM.  Or, is it possible to allow a secondary ability to be set, but to block off all but "Attack" from the unit's "Act" menu?  I want to prevent abuse of this class (like having secondary "Steal", making a powerful, high HP thief without losing speed bonuses) as the trade-off is intended to be high stats for limited functionality.  

Just FYI, I originally considered giving this class an innate Always Berserk ability or have them controlled by the AI, but I figured that would be too frustrating for a player to watch.  Agree?

Zozma

well you can disable the effectiveness of magic at least by making them always have innocent, however this would give them an advantage making them immune to faith based spells.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

RavenOfRazgriz

Use the Ability Requirements Hack, flag all non-R/S/M skills as unable to be used while in the Beserker Job Class.  It should have that functionality, IIRC.

Samuraiblackbelt

you can at least make all RSM require something that berserkers don't equip (assuming it's possible to make it so you can require one of multiple requirements, IE knives OR swords OR staffs ect.)
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."