• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 23, 2024, 02:04:35 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Almost compeltely new to the game

Started by Sacred Nym, August 10, 2010, 11:49:35 pm

Sacred Nym

Before you ask what I'm doing here let me tell you.

I first played FFT about 7 years ago, right around the time that Tactics Advance was due out. Now I did somehow manage to finish the game (Archer zerg rush worked strangely well). Now I've been meaning to replay the game, get back into it, but you know I found out about it? I SUCK.

So basically what I'm after here is tips, from you much more experienced players who play hacks that a scrub like me might deem masochistic. I've already gone over the tutorial and a few online resources, I was just wondering if there's any particularly helpful tips that aren't obvious. Anything that might help me just get used to the game. Anything at all really.

To any who help, thanks muchly in advance!

Kaijyuu

Having a nice spread of jobs tends to help. Also there's some broken combos, like Move MP UP + MP Switch.

A newbie strat of mine was to always have at least 1 chemist in the group. Thrown Phoenix Downs have saved me from innumerable deaths.
  • Modding version: PSX