• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2024, 03:47:34 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

The Damned

Well, that was quick. Thanks for being on top of this, Barren.

Squidgy. Tough luck, Barren.

Hmmm...despite it arguably being Ninjutsu's only useful skill, Shuriken needs some type of chance, if perhaps being made evadable. (Concentrated EDIT: Oh, it already is Physically Evadable. Damn Concentrate.) It probably needs more than considering how much Speed Save makes it ridiculous. Oh well, more fodder for my argument that Speed Save's JP cost needs to be increased even more.

Speaking of crappy Ninjutsu Skills, man does Shinobi's Seal blow. I think I've only ever seen it hit twice and even when it did, it didn't do anything worthwhile.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Shade

Quote from: "The Damned"Hmmm...despite it arguably being Ninjutsu's only useful skill, Shuriken needs some type of chance, if perhaps being made evadable. It probably needs more than considering how much Speed Save makes it ridiculous. Oh well, more fodder for my argument that Speed Save's JP cost needs to be increased even more.

Actually it is evadable. That guy just haves concentrate. Speed save doesn't make it OP at all, it's just how strong it is while using knight sword.
Speed save affects more to the skill with higher WP. The skill would be still OP even if it was not possible to boost by speed(pure WP formula nothing else).
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Squidgy

My first version used elemental guns and Shuriken, but the element carries over, so immune/absorb units ruined it a bit. Also the WP was lower...

GG Barren. Scary Monk... and strange AI regarding Stop. I'm thinking Repeating would be better than Wave on my Punch Pally...

Barren

yes indeed Squidgy, your team is a force compared to mine. Good luck in the finals
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

pokeytax

• Modding version: PSX

The Damned

*sniffles because he feels unloved*

J/k. I know I'm not.

Hmm...I wonder why the graphics for the crystals and the treasures were acting up.

And, my, I keep forgetting how stupid the AI is with regards to healing and Murasame. You'd think it would at least step away from the enemy before it healed itself....

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Melancthon

Shade, that fight was brutal!  Thanks Pokeytax.  Not one stick attack from my Samurai though.
Just a collaborator plotting collaboration.
"WHATS ST AJORA'S DEAL DUDE!?"

Barren

I will have the FFT Arena Division finals up soon, right now though my lap top's internal speakers blew and its running incredibly slow :/

hopefully today or tomorrow when i go get a new lap top, the finals will be ready.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

pokeytax

Quote from: "Melancthon"Not one stick attack from my Samurai though.

They don't have their innate anymore, so might as well Draw Out - Two Hands Scholar is where it's at.

Quote from: "The Damned"Hmm...I wonder why the graphics for the crystals and the treasures were acting up.

It's a bug with the alternate palettes (you'll see it in the S4 1.3 tourney too), which we tolerate because the palettes are completely amazing (thanks again mav, cold52, and everyone else!)

I will run your match tonight, no worries, but I hope you take your love in the form of instakill Throw Stone because that's what you're getting.

Quote from: "Barren":/

That's a pain, thanks again for running the matches - I hate making videos on this computer and it's great to see someone doing testing with commentary.

Melancthon

Quote from: "pokeytax"They don't have their innate anymore, so might as well Draw Out - Two Hands Scholar is where it's at.

Well that explains it.  I try to keep up with the changes, but I must have missed that one.  Hmm, might have to switch out Equip Polearm in that case.

EDIT:  Dropped Ignore Height and switched Equip Polearm for MAU.
Just a collaborator plotting collaboration.
"WHATS ST AJORA'S DEAL DUDE!?"

Shade

Instant aoe was what killed my team, my guys did not have alot of move, so they could not even leave from range of samurai attacks at all.
Btw why did monk not heal himself when he got turn, he has insane amounts pa so he should be able to heal himself for like 150.
My squire was supposed to spam two dragon rods procs, sadly enough AI doesn't know when to wait *sigh*...
Lol ninja tanking :D
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Squidgy

LOL!... I should really learn how to upload vids just for this: Did a Scholar all-magic which triggered two Critical Quicks, ally one and enemy one. The Ally goes first, and kills the enemy, then the enemy corpse gets a turn, and runs back! No action... but... lulz... I was expecting him to Phoenix Down himself.

EDIT: Love the team, pokeytax. Was gonna do something similar, but your version is def' better than what I was planning.

The Damned

Quote from: "pokeytax"I will run your match tonight, no worries, but I hope you take your love in the form of instakill Throw Stone because that's what you're getting.

...Always knew a team I made would eventually suck so hard as to die by getting stoned to death. I just didn't think it would be so soon.

I'll lol extra-hard if it's via coal at Colliery.

pokeytax

The Damned

Hunh. I just noticed that for some reason Float worked on PX's Ice team, which I like (despite that battle showing how annoyingly slow Lore with a Mime can be), but not on my team. Not that it would have prevented you from "rocking" me given the massive lack of cohesiveness in that incarnation of Future So Light.

As such, I've overhauled it again in attempt to be more "serious"/coherent; my post in the team thread has been updated.

Like I said, though, it was at least an interesting showcase of things and I like "We Will Rock You" as a team even if I hate Monks.

pokeytax

Yeah, nice catch on Float, it's that dang bug from S3 again.  Shade, your Monk had no Punch Art due to another bug.

PX's team is pretty sick indeed*, I think Squidgy had a similar lightning-absorb team in his gag slot previously.  Nuking with magic is pretty effective on small maps!

* it beat my monks :(

pokeytax

Otabo, I tried to run your team against PX and The Damned and gave up a couple minutes in both times. Two ice teams? Lore, Polka Polka and Battle Song running simultaneously, are you kidding me?! I'm uploading one against CT5Holy but I'm seriously not doing any more Lore matches until the next patch.

The Damned

Lol. I'd say I'd "pray for you", but atheism and all.

Kind of curious why Alia would use Polka Polka against Otabo's "Bloody Devils" and not against your team.  Stupid Alia. I knew I should have named her Layer....

Anyway, may I fight Shade's latest team if you have the time? I think my retooled team might not get its ass kicked as hard.

Squidgy

ZOMG, you mean my silly Black Magic team beat your insane Terrifying Throw Stone and Dash of Doom team? Why did I replace you! (The Bolt team is back in that slot, btw).

pokeytax

Having a lot of upload issues - I actually ran that exact match before you posted, The Damned, and have been trying to put it up since, finally gave up (edit: until now!). Don't expect a lot of match videos from me in the near future. But if you can run ePSXe the cards are there and there's no tomfoolery required, just patch and play!