• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Could use some suggestions.

Started by nakayubi, July 23, 2010, 01:36:36 pm

nakayubi

I'm working on a few custom classes to play through 1.3 with. I have tried a few different approaches with varying success and satisfaction. My first attempt I made everything too overpowered, so I scrapped that one. I was generally pleased with attempt 2, but I came with some new ideas so I am starting over. I have a few issues I could use some suggestions for.

I'm playing the psp version, so all of my editing has to be done in FFTPatcher.

1. I am using the Beatrix sprite from the main page, and making her Paladin class. I replaced Rend MP, Speed, Magick, and Power for her 4 Seiken abilities, but when I got to Cuchulain they all had no effect. I assume this is because he can't be affecting by Rend abilities or something. This go around I am just going to replace Night & Dark Sword for 2 of them, and stick the Dark Knight versions in their place for Gaff, Orlandu, etc. I still need 2 more slots that have the sword strike attached. I'll probably end up using something from Beowulf. I have tried ticking the Weapon Strike box for abilities that didn't have it, but when I went in game the didn't add it. Am I doing something wrong there? Any recommendations on which abilities to replace?

2. What would be a good progression of spell power/CT/MP cost for a magic user I plan on using from Gariland til the end? The spells will all be custom. I have a general idea based off my last attempt, but it was OP again.

3. Can additional positive status affects be added to anything using the Golem formula?

Thanks.

VampragonLord

1) maintenance, check your "rend skills" flags, and check how the "rend" skillset itself is set up. not sure if the whole skillset is marked as "break" or if its the individual skills flagged as "break"

2) if its too OP, just nerf it to a value youre happy with.

3) dont think so but you could always just try.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~