• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 18, 2024, 04:26:30 am

FFTactext

Started by UntererVerräter, July 12, 2010, 05:41:41 am

UntererVerräter

Alright, so this is my first post here on your website, so I apologize, for my possibly (and incredibly) stupid question. But I have looked up and down throughout the forums and I still have yet to find a way to solve my problem, if I was wrong and it's been in front of my face the whole time; sorry for wasting your time, but ~~
 Anyways, my question is this: When trying to import the .ISO for FFT:WotL, into FFTactext, I recieve this message:
 "Error loading file: The given key was not present in the dictionary"
I have tried multiple times to open the file using FFTactext, the ISO is patched with the latest patch for FFTv1.3, and I downloaded FFTactext  with the bulk DL under Misc. Downloads, The only thing I can think to do is DL a new .ISO, but I doubt that's the problem. Also amazing site and community, this may be my first post here, but I've been reading and learning about how to effectively hack FFT for several months now. Sorry for the long post.

Since posting I have discovered and solved my problem thanks to people in chat; I Discovered that after opening a nonpatched ISO with FFTactext works just fine, mainly due to my ISO being FFT:WotL, the PSP .ISO, this is more likely than not due to the difference in byte threshold between the PSP/PSX versions, needless to say; if you have the same problem just grab an unpatched .ISO, or better yet, grab the PSX .ISO. xD

Forever grateful; UntererVerräter

Smash

WELCOME TO FFH, WHERE ALL OF YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE.