• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 03, 2024, 09:34:22 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Problem with PPF-o-Matic

Started by Liung, May 18, 2010, 02:00:30 pm

Liung

Hi,
I'm new here and I'm having trouble with ppf-o-matic. I wanted to try FFT 1.3 easytype, so I dumped my PSX version of FFT (US version), everything went fine and when I try to apply the ppf it applies it instantaneously and tells me that the patch has been completed. Of course it hasn't so after a few tries each time on a clean iso I give up on the PSX version and try on the PSP version. I got the Euro version, convert it to .iso and apply the correct patch for easytype and it does the exact same thing. I got ppf-o-matic from this site, also tried to get it from several other website, including from umdgen software and it still doesn't work. I'm on a MacBook Pro running WindowsVista without any problems before that. Can somebody help me? Thanks

formerdeathcorps

Why hasn't it been completed?  If you patch the PPF file to your ISO, it'll complete fairly quickly.  To see differences though, you actually have to run the patched ISO with your PSX emulator.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Liung

I tried with another iso and it worked, but there are some bugs like black world map, abilities display problem (every line in each page is full of abilities eventhough it should't, for example a reaction page is full of action abilities after the correct reaction ones) and some dialogue box problems. Have I done something wrong while patching (FFT 1.3 easytype+complete patch) ?

formerdeathcorps

That's just a problem with ePSXe, though dialogue box problems are actual issues in the creation of FFT-C.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

philsov

and more specifically a problem with the video plugin choice of epsxe.  

Look into P.E.Op.S :D

http://www.pbernert.com/html/gpu.htm
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.