• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 16, 2024, 12:22:27 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Wolfran's Sprites: Testing some stuffs

Started by Wolfran, March 27, 2010, 12:23:14 pm

Wolfran

Don't worry about the credit, The portrait it's all yours :)
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Smash

References bite not

She looks too innocent for a battlefield..

LastingDawn

Ah but Smash, keep in mind that in some cases that might be the point. It's a relatively common trope in anime that someone would just naively traipse across the battlefield killing to and fro and not losing any sleep over it and somehow keeping their innocence intact.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Wolfran

Nice wolf picture it looks like my dog when it woke up, And the portrait looks good but i think the tooth must be smaller than the fangs

Lijj

I second that Lasting Dawn. She could be compassionately cold-hearted I trust
Good find though perfect angle photo :)
Wait Smash... Too innocent? what about your smiling portrait of Sain? That's no battle face. He looks like he just got laid or something.
Alright, well good tweaks somewhere in- between though...

I should start using more refferences
  • Modding version: PSX

mav

Quote from: "Lijj"He looks like he just got laid or something.
Hah, well that hardly seems innocent.

Anyways, great improvements to the portrait. How are you planning on handling palettes? And what's going on with the sprite, Wolfran? Are we close to completion?

Smash

Lol Lijj. Play Fire emblem and observe his behavior, it won't take much time to understand.  :P

It was my second ever FFT portrait actually. Now that I look at it again.. The flaws, my eyes burn.

Quote from: "LastingDawn"Ah but Smash, keep in mind that in some cases that might be the point. It's a relatively common trope in anime that someone would just naively traipse across the battlefield killing to and fro and not losing any sleep over it and somehow keeping their innocence intact.
I feel it needs more, I mean, at least some sorcery witch-ness, though.

Wolfran

Quote from: "mav"
Quote from: "Lijj"He looks like he just got laid or something.
Hah, well that hardly seems innocent.

Anyways, great improvements to the portrait. How are you planning on handling palettes? And what's going on with the sprite, Wolfran? Are we close to completion?
I'm testing the sprite in the game and works very well, tomorrow I'll post some pictures...Lijj the left fang on the portrait looks a little bit weird

Wolfran

There is some pictures[attachment=2:1ru93xne]sshot-2.png[/attachment:1ru93xne][attachment=1:1ru93xne]sshot-4.png[/attachment:1ru93xne][attachment=0:1ru93xne]sshot-3.png[/attachment:1ru93xne]

Don't pay attention to the winsnap advertisement  :twisted:

gojoe

hitting print screen and pasting in paint does the exact same thing minus the ads
I never learn from my mistakes.

Wolfran

Yes but with that I can take a snap just in the epsxe windows and I don't want to edit...I'm fucking tired

scatttman

why doesnt show the portrait in game ?

Wolfran

Because I didn't add the portrait in the spritesheet

Wolfran

Finally...It's finito, now I'm gonna drink a fucking cold beer to celebrate this.

mav

I see you submitted it as well. Great work and congratulations.

Lijj

Yes congrats Wolfran. It's your first submission and quite nice. Hope to see more coming.
  • Modding version: PSX

Wolfran

Well, I want to know if Is a good idea to add claws to the sprite ???

GeneralStrife

Not really...will look goofy unless you make him the monk sprite..which would by lulzy

mav

I wouldn't add claws. I'd suggest using the claws designed by Smash for the WEP.bmp file as weapons for this class. Your call though.

Nice palettes, by the way.

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.