• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 23, 2024, 08:55:56 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Patching my FFT

Started by Kerrick, March 05, 2010, 08:09:59 pm

Kerrick

Hello everyone.  Long time FFT fan and recently began playing FFT via emulator a month ago.  I am extremely interested in making some small changes through the FFTPatcher. I have already downloaded the FFTPatcher, but I have to be honest, I have no clue what I am doing.  Is there any guides on how to use the FFTPatcher, create a patch and apply it to my game?

For example, I opened up the patch.  Gave the Samurai class an innate Two Hands and Ramza's Squire class Night Sword.  I saved the patch (saves as a .fftpatch file).  But I have no idea how to apply the patch to the game.

Any assistance or directon would greatly be appreciated.  I have browsed through the forums, but can't seem to get started.  Apologies in advance for the noob questions.

Thanks!

GreenGiant

To apply a FFTPatcher patch, just click the PSX tab -> Patch ISO in FFTPatcher

sutebenukun

Every time I do that it asks for a cd-tool executable... what am I doing wrong?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: sutebenukun

formerdeathcorps

Are you running .457?  This shouldn't be happening.  If you really need cd-tool, that can be found in an earlier version of FFTPatcher or in the Downloads section, though it might also be that you need to put CD-Tool in the same folder as .457.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.