• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2024, 01:13:04 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Help with Item Attributes in the Patcher.

Started by Usurpationblitz, February 09, 2010, 03:50:24 am

Usurpationblitz

I wanted to fool around a bit with some of the items in the game.  Give the Weapons/Armor/ect different stats, but I don't understand it.  The only place in the Patcher to do this would be under the Item Attributes tab, but on the left it's all numbers.  How do I know what item I am altering when they all have numbers as names and not the name of the item?  

For example - Item 1B gives you +1 MA and +1 Speed as a defult.  How do I know what item 1B is?  What if I wanted to give the Genji Armor a +4 to PA, I have no idea what the item name is on that list.

Vanya

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

VampragonLord

Look at the item you wish to modify.
Look at the attributes number (should be 2 digit hexadecimal of either 00 or some random-seeming one)
If it is 00, simply grab a number at the bottom and edit it as you see fit. Then change the item attribute number of the weapon you wish to modify TO the number of the attribute you changed (IE: you edited attribute 3f, so make sure the new attribute number for your item is 3f, and no longer 00)
 If it has a number OTHER than 00, simply edit THAT number in the item attributes tab. (If the item's attribute number is 22, leave it at 22, and simply modify attribute 22)

Basic clothes has no "special" attributes, so you grab the on at the very bottom (dont recall exact number) and edit it to say..... + 1 pa and + 2 ma. Make it strengthen fire blizzard and thunder.
On the item tab itself.
Change its graphics to 6D and pallette to 4.
Make it give 100 hp 50 mp
Change its "item class" type to armor, instead of clothes, and edit its name in tactext to "Mythic Armor" or some such. Change the enemy level to 35 or some such so that level 1s dont show up and try to kill you with it, move the time it spawns to later on in the game, increase how much it costs (or leave it dirt cheap xD)
All in a nice simple fashion youve now made a completely different item out of the basic "clothes".

If you want me to elaborate on any step in particular, feel free to ask. I just felt id leave a semi-simple outline incase you get lost. You can do much crazier stuff with the patcher, (hell i made a whole new "equip/battle" system) so if you need a more concise example, or you feel i missed something, or youre just stuck on something in general feel free to  ask away.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

formerdeathcorps

I probably wouldn't modify basic clothes since Ramza starts with it (hard-coded, too, I think) as do many early enemies.  You'd have to scour the battle ENTDs to make sure early enemies aren't using it.
Otherwise though, the information given above is correct.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Usurpationblitz

Thank you VampragonLord, that worked just fine.  All I really wanted to do is give the Genji stuff a bit of a boost.