• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2024, 09:32:55 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Conflicting skills? (through innate, equips, and set skills)

Started by WinterICE, December 22, 2009, 12:06:53 pm

WinterICE

I've been wondering about what would happen if two skills were equipped on a character at once that contradict each other (e.g. Fly with Teleport, or Two Hands with Two Swords).

This could be achieved with abilities that are innate through jobs, or equips (if such ones exist), and the other set by the player.

Has it been confirmed how the game would handle this? Would it crash, would they somehow 'stack' or would the ability assigned in the skill slot take priority?

I know how this could be tested with Two Hands and Two Swords (i.e. Ninja as job, Two Hands as support skill), but I can't try it out right now - but other combinations may react differently.

Has anyone tried this?

Jon

December 22, 2009, 12:43:09 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jon
The Ninja works okay. I tested it.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

WinterICE

December 22, 2009, 12:45:23 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by WinterICE
Which one happened? Two hands, or Two Swords?

Xifanie

December 22, 2009, 01:13:52 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
You can place any R/S/M in any of the 3 ability slots, any R/S/M as innate.

HOWEVER, any reaction ability in any slot will overwrite the original reaction slot. That means whatever you place there will vanish as soon as you have a reaction in the S/M slots or innate. An asm hack would be needed to fix this.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Jon

December 22, 2009, 01:38:43 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jon
2 Hands. It only allows you to have 2 Hands then, the 2 Swords thing sorta overwrites and you will be allowed only 1 weapon. Just unassign 2 Hands and you will have a normal Ninja again. I meant that there would be no crash.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!