• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2024, 09:52:19 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

about FFtactext

Started by Kupoe, October 16, 2009, 02:33:51 am

Kupoe

October 16, 2009, 02:33:51 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kupoe
so... can i use it to change anything?  how do i use it? it never came with a readme...

im assuming you have to keep width and line count the same to prevent errors and crashing?

as in squire is wider than dude

little help? trying to make my patch complete. seeing "Shieldbreak" every time he uses this skill gets old lol...

like... what are the limitations to changing text without breaking the game and causing it to crash?

my plan is to change some of the fear skills

"darkness" and "nightmare" to some death knight swordskills im making.

Cheetah

October 16, 2009, 02:38:01 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
It is a very powerful tool, you can make things quite a bit longer for the most part with the main limitation being the physical space on the screen. You really just need to poke around and experiment. The quick edit options (or something like that) at the bottom of the location list is usually a good starting place for getting to some of the more common stuff.
Current Projects:

Kupoe

October 16, 2009, 02:41:24 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kupoe
hmm... wouldnt happen to know max width and line would you?

i remember reading here one day about some dude that changed his text settings, and w.e he looked at his description it crashed the game.  i just dont wanna have to troubleshoot for 5 hours trying to fix my patch lol