• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 01, 2024, 06:06:29 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Final Fantasy Tactics: Mercenaries (Main Info Thread)

Started by LastingDawn, May 24, 2008, 03:17:02 pm

Archael

October 28, 2008, 01:32:35 pm #360 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
requesting work for mercenaries please

Cheetah

October 28, 2008, 03:15:49 pm #361 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Yeah I think you are going to have to go redder, it is basically just an odd shade of blondish brown right now. Hmmmm, you are right in that it can't be too red though.
Current Projects:

LastingDawn

October 28, 2008, 03:42:14 pm #362 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Let's see... work for you Voldemort, unfortunately I would tell you about my plans for Dorter, but the shock value of the event would be gone. And your expression will be worth it. Though let's see... as I've said I think I'd like to replace Ninja, if you can think up any replacements (In an FF fashion, preferably) that would be great Voldemort

Vanya,
I feel just a bit more red, would about do it, hits a perfect 10 on everything but the hair currently.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Dokurider

October 28, 2008, 04:19:24 pm #363 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dokurider
Oh no, oh no, oh no (yo yo yo yo yo)

Archael

October 28, 2008, 06:16:17 pm #364 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
got it

LastingDawn

November 10, 2008, 08:36:54 am #365 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
I am back from playing Legend of Cao Cao and I will get right back to work. I apologize for the break.

Art of War

Russelldrome

November 10, 2008, 09:59:57 am #366 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Russelldrome
Quote from: "LastingDawn"I am back from playing Legend of Cao Cao and I will get right back to work. I apologize for the break.

:o somebody else who knows of the Three kingdoms era.... please tell me you think Cao Cao is a military genius and not a tyrant!!

DarthPaul

November 10, 2008, 10:57:16 am #367 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Yes everyone knows Cao Cao was a very tactical mind but i dont put a lot of stock in Wu(he was Wu right). What ever i like games that allow you to play as Liu Bei and the Shu.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

LastingDawn

November 10, 2008, 11:15:05 am #368 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Off Topic: Three Kingdoms Talk

Admittedly the book exaggarates Cao Cao's cruelty, but he wasn't a tyrant, more so then paranoid, not that he didn't have the right to be so. What really made me hate Cao Cao was killing Liu Zong (a little boy) on his way to his new home, after surrendering his given province to Cao Cao without a battle. Little did I know that didn't happen in history, but Liu Zong was actually given a marquisate and was allowed to live his life. Cao Cao did massacre an innocent people on his way to avenge his father's death and murdered 80'000 of Yuan Shao's men after they surrendered to him. Other then that, aside from setting the way for his son to take power, he was a relatively upright person. But I think he was probably the original Chinese Anti-Hero, he had the qualities of a hero and a villian, not just a villian or hero, like many others of that time

Art of War

Cheetah

November 10, 2008, 12:52:57 pm #369 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
On Topic: I'm so happy to hopefully see some more progress made on this patch :).

Off Topic: I don't know much about the Three Kingdoms other than that I freaking love kicking some butt with a buddy in Dynasty Warriors. Guan Yuan all that way!
Current Projects:

Archael

November 10, 2008, 12:54:13 pm #370 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Yeah this patch.. this patch

GET TO WORK LD!!!!

Dominic NY18

November 12, 2008, 07:45:43 pm #371 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
LD, I'm stumped ATM. I don't know what I should be writing about.

LastingDawn

November 12, 2008, 09:37:00 pm #372 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm? Ah, well I believe I had asked you to write the actual Memoir's of a Cadet, as well as any Records according to the game. Though are you stuck on what the actual premises are?

Art of War

Dominic NY18

November 12, 2008, 10:33:35 pm #373 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
That's my issue. I don't know what premise I should be going off of.

LastingDawn

November 13, 2008, 12:30:47 am #374 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Ah, the premise, at least for the first chapters are...

As a Cadet - Life as a noble, then the sudden change from that cozy life style when being thrust reluctantly into the Military Akademy by his relatively famous father, who established himself in the "Long War". Finding himself in the company and quickly earning the friendship of the other noble's children and befriending St. Victor. To the time that they depart for Eagron (3 - 4 Paragraphs is fine)

Under His Guidance - St. Victor stumbles upon a wizened old strategist under attack by the Lethe Brigade, after rescuing him St. Victor's constant companion, who happened to be of low birth, takes an immediate disliking to the elitist old man, but St. Victor puts those problems aside for the moment. When they reach the castle of Eagron the strategist allows them to lodge in his castle while he concocts a plan to rescue the aged lady marquis of Rimbeni. At this point St. Victor is continually keeping peace with his own men and the strategist, who demands they sleep in the servants quarters.

In the coming week the strategist had devised a scheme, the people who were holding the lady ransom were starving men and women all they had left was a reservoir, which sympathizers sent food and drink to. The plan was to dam up the river, forcing them into a dire situation, left with no other way out, they would surrender or die of deprivation. St. Victor fought vehemently against this plan, only to be expelled from the strategists estate.  St. Victor rushed to warn the Lethe Brigade of the plan, after breaking through a few patrols,  he managed to make it to their leader. Spilling the strategists plan, the young rebel had taken St. Victor's words to heart and planned to evacuate by cover of night, leaving the lady marquis on their abandoned grounds. (Quite long, as long as you can manage, if possible)

The Price of Nobility - With St. Victor on the loose the strategist read everyone of the boy's moves and captured nearly the whole of the brigade as they attempted to evacuate. St. Victor's crew as well. The strategist though had other plans... what better way to humiliate the young man then give him credit for this "wonderful victory"? With St. Victor's hands tied (his whole troop in custody), he agreed to accept the new ranks on his and his men, as well as agree to destroy their final stronghold at Ft. Zion, as long as he was allowed to take his low born friend along with him. The strategist agreed and sent them both out.

The Saint came back, but his low born friend was absent, regardless he ordered his troops released, the strategist had heard of their resounding victory and quickly released them, then they were safely back in St. Victor's hands. The things which St. Victor and his friend must have been forced to carry must have been truly despicable, for in the next moment, he cut down the aged strategist and any ensuing guards after the small troop.  (This chapter isn't actually too long, since one entry could be several weeks later, also some cheesy love story with one of the female cadets, would be preferable, just to set the mood)

Well, I think that's enough on your plate! Just keep in mind, it should be in diary entry form and all that could be written down are the events seen by Badun himself.

Art of War

LastingDawn

November 13, 2008, 01:33:54 am #375 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
And Dorter is halfway done! The event begins with Rad and Lavian walking through Dorter, Ramza and Gafgarion nowhere in sight, as Rad recounts a rather long drawn out story about how Gafgarion and he defeated a powerful rebel named Kearn at one point, only in the recourse of explanation they were both interrupted by an Archer... how will this turn out for the stranded travelers?

Art of War

Cheetah

November 14, 2008, 03:29:42 am #376 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
This scene is looking to shape up nicely. I will definitely look forward to the video preview.

I'm very confused by your diary entry thing, but I'm sure all will become clear later and it was an interesting read.
Current Projects:

LastingDawn

November 14, 2008, 10:20:25 pm #377 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Dorter is finished! Now we just need to wait for Voldemort to up the video, as it stands... I want to see his expression more then anything! for that reason I will not be uploading the rest of the pictures yet. And yes, this will be much faster then the Sweegy Woods being uploaded, at least... it better be!

Art of War

Archael

November 15, 2008, 03:44:32 pm #378 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Mercenaries video(s) coming tonight

Dominic NY18

November 15, 2008, 03:54:33 pm #379 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dominic NY18
Looking forward to that^^^.

LD, I've been a bit busy, but I'll get started when I come back home tonight. It's going to be the usual "get every down and then run it by you" affair.