• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 18, 2024, 05:58:12 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Requires Sword boolean made to include Knife as well? (ASM)

Started by Zeio, October 02, 2009, 04:00:55 pm

Zeio

Basically, I just want to know if I can make the 'Require Sword' flag also include Knives in its check.  In other words, it will allow the use of sword skills if a knife/dagger class weapon is equipped.  

This isn't for making sword skills more flexible, but rather I'd like to recreate the skillset for thieves, give them some 'backstab' like abilities that require a knife to use.  This would mean they could do it with swords as well, but it's not that big of a deal since I can just remove Equip Sword support and make it so the class can't even use swords.

Also, one more question.  In one of the general information topics, it talks about being able to create skills that can't be used until a state has been found on the target.  In other words, Pdown will only work if the target is 'dead' status, or seal evil will only work if target is 'undead' status.  Example of a new skill was detonate:  explodes a target with 'oil' status.

Is it possible to make this check on the caster instead of the target?  Can I make it so an ability is only available if a certain status is found on the caster?  

Example:  Ambush (requires 'Transparent', Knife) Strikes the target dealing (PA+10)*WP damage.

Sadly I doubt the latter is possible, but it would open up for some fun possibilities if it was :O

Zozma

October 02, 2009, 11:56:34 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
yes look at the "razele's asm hacks" thread. You can make the same sword required boolean allow other weapons. but its still the same boolean.

zodiac was talking about making others but never had time

http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1785
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Vanya

October 03, 2009, 12:28:40 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
I think the second is possible, but it would require a custom formula.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯