• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 17, 2024, 01:52:04 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Mercenaries Job Sprite Ideas (update: soon)(Image Heavy)

Started by MiKeMiTchi, August 07, 2009, 05:50:42 am

ffta707

December 28, 2009, 01:38:49 am #940 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ffta707
Does Meliadoul have a special job, or a unique class. I say she'd mabe be a white knight if so. And wouldn't this be a complicated sprite? I think a heavily armored knight would be sweet on her. Like the warder, only her face.

LastingDawn

Meliadoul is likely not in Mercenaries, she's mentioned but as the script goes currently the Gafgarion Troupe and Meliadoul never meet.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Kagebunji

LD, what do you think about using Miluda redone and Melodia sprite? Miluda could be used for some knightly job, while Melodia for new archer or something
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

LastingDawn

Melodia is a nice sprite and will probably suit a new Archer sprite fine, Miluda on the otherhand Is Miluda, it would be like taking the Meliadoul sprite and calling it "Female Warder", with both of these characters still existing (though not seen) in Mercenaries it would feel a bit wrong to take either of their sprites, now the way around this is to have a new portrait for the Miluda sprite, and that would be that, she could then be a new generic class sprite.

Art of War

Kagebunji

I posted wy whole idea for Miluda few pages back, and I said that she would need new portrait :D And I could also do her eyes on sprite more friendly if you want.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

LastingDawn

Art of War

mav

On an unrelated note, Smash completed the Cavalier (by adding the standard dead frames). So if you want, you can add 'em to the male Trancer.

LastingDawn

Haha, as I said, I love the standing dead pose, it really adds to their mysterious characterization. Though thank you for the suggestion.

Art of War

jimmyjw88

Sorry for such long stop on the sprites' progress and sorry for the dissappointments, Sir LD. I'm back and will try finish them ASAP.

Update*

Scholar Death Frames (and others)
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

Where did you get the Scholar's pants? They a little short on some of the poses...Nonetheless, great work. And don't fret over the supposed "dissappointments"; spriting is understandably time consuming and even boring, from time to time. Sure it's frustrating to wait for sprites to be completed, but with enough patience we'll see these completed.

jimmyjw88

Well, they are actually originally from Male Chemist. But Male Chemist have the pouches, so removing that and build up the pants myself probably cause that.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

Actually, it's the bottom of the pants that looked strange to me, though now I do see that the sides kinda pop out a bit. You know what, don't worry about it, man; the sprite looks fine. Keep up the good work.

jimmyjw88

Hmm...pop out...Perhaps Cloud's pants? I used Cloud's pants as reference. Well, some of the frames. So, perhaps those that pop out is because I forgotten to refer to Cloud's pants? The five basic frames' pants are fine. Here, take a look:

Scholar Basic Frames.

mav

Aye, the basic frames look fine. If Cloud's pants are still a good reference, you can modify it, though this isn't too necessary (as I mentioned earlier). This sprite seriously looks great though, man; I can't wait to see it completed.

jimmyjw88

Alright, I'll see what I can do about the pants ^^
Thanks.

EDIT: Not bad in-game ^^

Scholar In-Game Test

EDIT: Update* Scholar Singing/Casting Frame

EDIT: Update* Scholar Damaged Frame

LastingDawn

The scholar looks great! As has mentioned Cloud's baggy pants work well for the look of the sprite.

Mav mirrors my thoughts exactly, it wasn't so much as disappointment as it was a blunt hit to reality, due to the time consuming nature of the hobby, it very well may bore the people working on it. If people finish their works, great! If not, well it's a half realized dream, as such it seems I shouldn't aim for custom Everything, but just what the spriters are able to finish.

Art of War

ffta707

I like the scholar alot! Do they equip books? You should give him a backpack with visible books. That'd be pretty cool.

EDIT:
I wonder if you could make the casting frames him reading out of a book lol. That would be sweet, but I guess that is what a book does as a weapon in the game without casting a spell.

jimmyjw88

@mav - Thanks ^^

@Sir LD - Thanks. Well, I'll try to finish as much customs as possible.

@ffta707 - Thanks. Well, its kinda hard to squeeze backpack in. He already has a scarf, so putting backpack in will be clashing with the scarf. As for reading book during casting, that'll be done in game ^^

EDIT: Update ~ Front attack animations are done.

Some samples*

Scholar Attack Frames

LastingDawn

Art of War