• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 23, 2024, 01:38:15 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Twinees

This may help with your efforts mav, you could come up with some shading ideas for the top of the head from this.
  • Modding version: PSX

Atma

Cool, i saw that lamia sprite a long time ago... glad to see it's getting worked on.  It's looking pretty good.  I like the change to the portrait, definitely suits much more than smash's for this sprite.  

As for ur copying from different sources... who gives a flying f@#&... i mean, seriously?  If we all did purely custom sprites, we'd almost never see any mods and we'd all probably be using all the same ones because of lack of variety.  Besides, some people probably prefer the direct copies... keeps them looking more authentic to their game of origin.  In other words... no complaints from me ^.^ keep at it.  Ur doing all this work and sharing it with us, what more could we want.  People should be thanking u, not whining.

Side note question... (i could probably figure this out myself, but...) how many animations do monsters have?  attacking and casting only?
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

Kagebunji

Sorry, I wasn't able to reply yesterday. I love the shape you have now Mav. Just take Twin's suggestions and you should do great. I really appreciate your help. Palettes are all the same as I posted one page back, Mav.

As to frames, Atma, there are jumping, critical, charging, attack, walking, dead, level up and dodge frames. This is enough to complete a monster sprite, but you can add SP2 files(monster can use more animations for attacks then). Try it out too once, it is a fun method to play with.

EDIT: Soory, Twin, I forgot about your gif. I found one frame being alligned wrong, fixed it. I personally don't think it is bouncing much at all, but if you find it very disturbing, tell me, I will use different sheet as base and c/p everything anew(though I don't find it a must-do).

Anyway, the sprite is finished, now, so all there is left to wait is the amazing port from Mav! :D
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

The sprite's looking good. It's gonna take me a long time to finish this portrait if I work alone. So if anyone wants to help me, please, please do. The basic shape of this thing is done, I just need someone with a decent eye for shading to pick it up from here. Any takers?
[attachment=0:1f4kxla0]lamia.png[/attachment:1f4kxla0]

Twinees

Any help mav?

though im sure you could fix up several parts, i hope this helps speed up the process
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

That is lookin awesome. Though I have to ask, is it possible to make the amulet thing on her head gold/yellow? If it doesn't share the colors with skin, I will do it myself. And I wonder, is it really FFT sized port? It looks quite big for a FFT one, haha. Thanks for help guys, I will try to return the favor sometime.

mav

Yeah, I worked in the golds and tweaked the palette to 15 (I need to add one more shade to flesh out the gray part of her cobra head thing). It'll be a while till this is finished.
[attachment=0:67mzq81c]lamia.png[/attachment:67mzq81c]

Kagebunji

No rush, Mav, take as long as you need to. I am just happy to see someone tries to do this. So far I have no suggestions as to how fix anything, since it is perfect!

Edit: out of curiosity, I cropped it down. Looks great :D

Kill_Bones

Sucks that the whole cobraheadthing doesn't fit in FFT's portrait limitations. But it still looks great cropped down.

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Vanya

I'm a bit late for this, but I wanted to put these up for reference:

¯\(°_0)/¯

Eternal

This is coming along amazingly, guys. Please keep it up! I know the portrait is being a pain, but I also know it'll be well worth it.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Kagebunji

If neccesary, I will try my luck with this portrait. Thoguh  ihave no idea how I would start shading the gray space...

Kagebunji

A rather quick concept I did out of boredom. With purple armor, or with naked chest. It is basicly a c/p sprite, I just edited the hair from Monk a bit, that was all. I may work more on the concept if anyone likes the idea for this. Feel free to suggest some ideas.

Kill_Bones

I like the shirtless one.... This was Monk + Cloud right? Actually, if you took the shirt one, changed the pallette and added custom hair it'd be a pretty good Zell sprite..... But who the hell wants a zell sprite lulz.

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Kagebunji

We decided on chat on the shirtless one as well. I will also add second shoulder pad. And yes, Cloud was the base, but all left of him are legs and gloves, hehe. I will change the palette probably, but I stilll dunno how it should look. I thought of black instead of purple.

Kagebunji

Small change of plans. Erased the bandana nd changed it even more to look less monk-like. How is this? Tell what more could be implemented here.

GeneralStrife

interesting concept kage, did you take the bare chest from that sailor? only thing i don't like is clouds pants are kinda awkwardly big to begin with. its pretty good

Kagebunji

I wanted to try something new gor legs, but I still dunno what to use, so if anyone have ideas, throw them at me. I took the chest from Berserker by Zozma, wich in turn was based on the sailor, I dunno though.

Kagebunji

Hm, here goes another attempt:

GeneralStrife

that's awesome, super saiyan! loolol