• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2024, 08:18:20 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Kagebunji

Yeah, if I get a nice portrait, I am submitting him, sheet itself is finished. I never heard of Jon Talbain, Atma :P
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kagebunji

Ok, Twin did a nice portrait for Werewolf. Now we need some crits as to what could be changed, tweaked, or improved. Suggestions are welcome. Thanks Twin!

Mimi

Wow! That is a great looking portrait. Twinees did a good job.

Twinees

=D. Tell me if you want me to do anything else, ill try and find time  :wink:
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

I hoped Mav could come and take a look. IMO if we change colors to the Werewolf palette(I assume this is Cuar, yes? Causw it looks similiar, heh), it will be set. In the BMP I sent you you can look what palettes I did, with one exception, third palette has black fur now. Thanks for help Twin, lookin forward :).

Wolfran

I think the mouth in the portrait is too short and the right ear try to move a few pixels to the left.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Cheetah

Yeah it still just looks a bit too much like the Cuar. I like Wolfran's suggestions. I would also suggest making the muzzle larger, like stretching it down a few pixels. Oh and the pure black nose is a bit odd.
Current Projects:

Lijj

Nose seems a bit off angle.  And the mouth could be darker IMO. I'm not back home just kinda been lurking for a bit recently so I cant do much else.

GeneralStrife

GeneralStrife

err also the portrait? I have no qualms with it...twinees is damn good at portraits

Twinees

Took all suggestions (hopefully) into consideration.

Glad to hear from you Lijj  :D

Kagebunji

I Like it. Now all we need is a palette :3

Lijj

QuoteGlad to hear from you Lijj  :D
Glad to see you're still coming around. I'd like be back into spriting myself again soon. As soon as I collect all the money I've worked for and head north again.

BeoulveBlack

aww fooey... i was gonna do a werewolf too...btw kagebunji, did you finish the lenneth sprite?

Kagebunji

I did, you can get it on the sprite topic in submission section.

Atma

congrats on finishing Lenneth!  just downloaded the .spr and had a look at it... looks great!
oh, i did a quick search of Jon Talbain pix to see if there were any good pics of his face to give u a reference for a portrait, but there isn't that many good ones :P
just thinking it might be cool to have him bear his teeth a bit, but i dunno how tight ur palette is.
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

Lijj

Yay Kage!! I'm glad you finished Lenneth. Perhaps I'll finish that blue mage.

Kagebunji

I can send you the BMP of my current Blue Mage spritesheet, because honestly, I don't have time to pull off all this. KoI, Newtype, and now my own is a bit much, heh. If you want to finish it, Lijj, just tell me and I will send you the sprite sheet.

Wolfran

Hey Kage Congrats, your werewolf looks great but there are some minnor details like the colours of the portraits are different of the sprite, I don't think that must be the same but with similar colours it's fine to me and the vest in back frames looks weird.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Kagebunji

I forgot to write, yeah Titan and Werewolf are both done and submitted
viewtopic.php?f=16&p=130773#p130773
Wolf, colors are fitting, i used pre-existing ones for all the palettes you can see there. And be more precise about vest, cause I can't see anything wrong with it.