• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 01, 2024, 09:08:15 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Kyousukeee

Looking forward to see the sprites ^^
Maybe Balmafula will be a good base for the clothes , at least her sleeves might be useful , Zozma's Teta with thief costume can provide you the pants concept and purple tones and Seushiro's Reno can give you an idea of how to work out the shirt .

jimmyjw88

Yes, what mav said. Good job and looking forward.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

Ok, I was inactive for a long time, but noow I'm back and will work on spites again. Here is Seifer, character from FF8 if someone don't know. I kinda think he is not detailed enough, so give suggestions, I have also two reds in stock.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

jimmyjw88

Looks good but the edge of the jacket seems bit pillows.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

Hah, very interesting sprite. Though I do agree with Jim about the pillow shading. And the back of the coat on both views looks too round.

Kagebunji

Yeah, pillow shading, thanks for reminder. I will probably update tomorrow. But what about those two reds? How should  utilize them?

jimmyjw88

There are reds on his jacket right? Around the elbow area...well, according to the picture, that is. So, perhaps that?

Kagebunji

I tried adding those crosses he has, but it is kinda small, and besides crosses are really hard to do(at least to me heh) especially if it is supposed to be small. Any ideas?

mav

My suggestion is to keep the crosses out; you know how challenging adding small details can be.

jimmyjw88

It doesn't has to be cross. You can just add a line.
Up to you though.

Kagebunji

Line could be nice, but I doubt it work with only two shades of red. Well, I also began working on port, I am having some difficulties with making him an angry look, especially eyes, also should mouth be just straight line to make it more angry?

mav

Are you talking about Rofel's eye type? A straight copy doesn't look good?

Kagebunji

For sprite his eyes works great, I use it. But on port, Rofel's eyes don't look angry at all, I will just post the port tomorrow and ye masters will help me :)

Edit: nvm, I found eyes that will work great >:D

Kagebunji

Ok, small update + portrait, gimme suggestions guys.

mav

Alright, for the portrait the scar is too dark, the eyes look a little too small, the face is too wide, the neck is gigantic, and I feel like there could be some more shading. Great start though--this will take us in the right direction. Have you considered changing out the hair on the sprite? I don't know if that hairstyle is the best choice...

Jon

His eyes are magical! -I mean they change colors on the different poses haha. Nice portrait, maybe make the scar pinkish, with a tad of red or better brown...for some reason though this doesnt look like Seifer to me yet, but very nice base for him ;) By the way, "Seife" (without the 'R') means "soap" in German...weird...I think this can turn out to be great.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

jimmyjw88

Sprite ~
On the front diagonal, the edge of the jacket is looking odd, as if its trimmed off when framing.
On the side view, his back is too straight.
On the front view, the bottom of the jacket is bit odd because the jacket straight down from the top and then quick curve/bend.
On the rear diagonal, that darkest (is it darkest?) shade is used as outline. Use bit more of that shade. Also, there's a pixel or two extra coming out on the edge. Also, whos legs are you using? Its kinda messy.

Portrait ~
First off, his neck is too big.
Second, his face isn't long enough. Perhaps a few pixels more? Not sure though.
Third, those black shades standing out and looking kinda odd. Perhaps change to dark browns?
Fourth, his eyes seem bit...small? I see you used Rofel's eyes. Perhaps add some skin shades under the eyes?
Fifth, the shadow beneath his chin isn't enough. Perhaps add a bit more?
Sixth, his left face (our right) is bit odd. Looks outlined. His scar need some fixes.
Seventh, his ear seems trimmed off a few pixels. Also, need some touch ups on the details of the ear.
Lastly, the edge on his neck seems bit pillows. A little bit.

Good job so far. Keep it up. Looking forward.

EDIT: Lol. My comments took too long. Mav posted everything I about to say so quickly. Haha.

Kagebunji

Quote from: "mav"Alright, for the portrait the scar is too dark, the eyes look a little too small, the face is too wide, the neck is gigantic, and I feel like there could be some more shading. Great start though--this will take us in the right direction. Have you considered changing out the hair on the sprite? I don't know if that hairstyle is the best choice...

Heh thanks for crit, the reason why the neck is soo big is cause I used the same method you used on moogle portrait, I found an image and made it more FFT style, quess it didn't work too well :P

Quote from: "Jon"for some reason though this doesnt look like Seifer to me yet

You know, I kinda have the same feeling.

Quote from: "Jon"maybe make the scar pinkish, with a tad of red or better brown

I doubt it, I cannot spare any more colors, and I bet it wouldn't turn out good with my skills and knowledge about portraits.

Quote from: "jimmyjw88"Sprite ~
On the front diagonal, the edge of the jacket is looking odd, as if its trimmed off when framing.

But when I add more pixels, it looks too round, look at previous version :P

Quote from: "jimmyjw88"Sprite ~
Also, whos legs are you using? Its kinda messy.

It is from the Cannonner, I suppose I took the wrong base, it is not polished enough.

Quote from: "jimmyjw88"Portrait ~
First off, his neck is too big.

Yup, like I wrote to Mav earlier, I used that method of macking FFT style port from images, I will start over the portrait again.

Second, his face isn't long enough. Perhaps a few pixels more? Not sure though.

Nah, his face is big enough, it is enormous neck that is fooling ya xD

Third, those black shades standing out and looking kinda odd. Perhaps change to dark browns?

Yeah I know, I already tried doing it, but I have no space left on palette to do that, and when I turn it to brown, his jacket looks strange.

Quote from: "jimmyjw88"Fourth, his eyes seem bit...small? I see you used Rofel's eyes. Perhaps add some skin shades under the eyes?

Wrong, I use Wiegraf's eyes :P

Sixth, his left face (our right) is bit odd. Looks outlined. His scar need some fixes.

Hmm, I cannot see outlines at all. Scar is directly copied from this, so i suppose I should polish it up first.

Seventh, his ear seems trimmed off a few pixels. Also, need some touch ups on the details of the ear.
I had big problems with ears, so it didn't surprised me when you said it is bad :?:

Quote from: "jimmyjw88"Lol. My comments took too long. Mav posted everything I about to say so quickly. Haha.

Hahaha, my reply is even longer ;)

jimmyjw88

Oops...So sorry. For the face, I meant his right (our left). Haha -.-"

Kagebunji

Since Jimmy screwed me, I will continue the Lezard portrait, since it is the only thing left to make him fully done. I will continue the left version posted by Jimmy.