• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2024, 08:25:37 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

jimmyjw88

Wait, this is just the base? Not the whole walk frame? For that white coat, you can't show much as its more at the back. And the white is outside. Inside I think its blue. Also, you'll have to use dark outlines to distinguish his pants from that coat tail or they'll clash. See what I did with my five basic frames.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

The lines on the pants need better shading, the "arm" needs to be removed, and the shoes could use some more shape. Also, keep the completed Elidibs sprite nearby: that's where this hat came from.

Jon

Aye. Will do. However, is this sprite beyond my abilities? It is quite challenging, but I'll keep at it. Hopefully it will turn out better for the next post....
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kagebunji

I was really busy last week, so my sprites are untouched, but now I will have a BIT nore time so I can work on sprs again. I can't allow to waste uch wonderful ports as Lezard and Garnet :)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

Heh, thanks :) I missed something important when I was away?

Btw, I will do Lezard from VP2 as well.

mav

You didn't miss much: I think Jon was hoping to work on Vivi, which sounds like a a fine idea. I'm still not a fan of the Lezard portrait though...if only one of the more talented portrait artists would take over. :\

Jon

Oh snap! I totally forgot about Vivi! When I got some more time, some more poses will be thrown at your direction. I am looking forward to see a sprite that goes with your portrait haha. Vivi however has just been sitting in his folder all lonely and sad and unhappy, but look on the positive side, soon we shall have the female Cannoneer if all goes to plan (ha, I actually wrote "soon", which means in a couple of months most likely :P)

jimmyjw88

Hmm...What's wrong with Lezard portrait? I think it looks fine.

mav

I guess it looks fine, but I think the hair and collar need some more work...That's just me--I don't want this sprite to be put on hold for my whimsies.

Jon

Blah, I laughed out loud for real when I read "for my whimsies". I think the Lezard needs at least 1 white color, the outer coat looks fine and the green collar doesn't look FFT enough for my eyes. And this is just me, but the glasses look a tad strange (only a tiny bit), I think it is the brown in them, even though that may technically be correct...

jimmyjw88

Hmm...Perhaps some work but its fine without them though.

Jon

Perhaps you are right Jim, I think I should keep my mouth shut ;) and don't take it personally Mav haha, you gotta admit that sounded funny haha!

mav

Hah, I suppose I had it coming, with my incessant use of strange words.

By the way, what are you working on now, Kage?

jimmyjw88

Well, if you really want the portrait to be perfect, perhaps remake them. Otherwise, it looks just fine.

Haha. Don't worry about it, Jon. ^^

Kagebunji

Currently I'm working on Lezard, Garnet, and will start female moogle in not distant future. I'm fine with this Lezard port, but if anyone wanna work and improve it, then I'm eager to see :)

Btw, maybe you could do drawing from scratch for Lezard Jimmy? Then we could combine the ports and get even more great effects

Jon

Female Moogle? This would be a huge addition, besides Garnet haha. If there is a female moogle, there must be a (already existing?) male moogle, too. If you have something already to base the female moogle on, could you please post it? I always wanted to get rid of those damn pigs. Wtf were they thinking at Square?! Anyway, much thanks in advance :)

SilvasRuin

You can see the work in progress in the Mercenaries area.  No, there's no male moogle yet.  There's concept art they are using for the female moogle and will then make a male moogle based off the female.

jimmyjw88

Well, if you really want, I could try, But I'll wait for mav as its his work.

mav

It's a good way to refine and enhance your skills, so I say go for it, Jimmy--assuming you're not too busy...