• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 17, 2024, 06:29:50 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Hey some help on skillsets with fftpatcher

Started by Oddeye666, July 15, 2009, 08:09:31 pm

Oddeye666

July 16, 2009, 11:55:43 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Oddeye666
Alright well I've gotten my work around for Samurai.  Now I have a question about the Chemist, and the Ninja.

First off with the Chemist I know I can change the formula of items, but can I change the animation of said items?

Second with the Ninja.  I know I can reclassify other items as "Throwing" or "Bomb", but could I for instance make it so that when a Shuriken is thrown it has a chance of inflicting poison?  Also when an item is thrown (the Ice Brand) for example does it keep its elemental property?

Vanya

July 20, 2009, 01:44:45 pm #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
We don't have enough data on the item animations yet. As for the shuriken inflicting a status you change the item entry for it just like you would for the chemist items.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Mental_Gear

July 20, 2009, 02:23:08 pm #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mental_Gear
damn, so we can't change the ninja sprite to a monkey and have him throw poo?

Vanya

July 20, 2009, 11:53:09 pm #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
You can change the character sprites easily enough. It's the item sprites that are a pain.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Wasabi

September 16, 2009, 04:21:51 pm #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Wasabi
Bumping on an old topic.

So, if I'm to read the posts in this topic correctly - in regards to generic Dragoons as an example - replacing their initial "Jump" skillset to, say, Reis' "Dragon" skillset would cause a glitch? But if the same procedure were done on a story/special unit it can go through without any flaws?

This may be slightly relevant, but I'm currently experimenting on a patch for FFT:WotL that involves editing Luso's abilities into something like a Blue Mage so that he can learn monster skills upon hit. I plan on using all 16 slots in his "Huntcraft" skillset to achieve this goal, but considering that he's a clone of Ramza he inherently has 9 skills already filled in. Would this glitch the game? And in the case of implementing additional skills into a generic class like the Knight class, would that glitch the game as well? I'm toying with the idea of giving Knights all rend skills along with the four -sap skills from the Ark Knight's "Blade of Ruin" skillset.

PS: First-time poster on this forum, but a long-time lurker of FFHacktics. This place brings me back to the days when I was sharking FFT on the PSOne with a GameShark in the late 90's. :)

Aquablack

September 16, 2009, 06:50:21 pm #25 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Aquablack
Quote from: "Wasabi"Bumping on an old topic.

This may be slightly relevant, but I'm currently experimenting on a patch for FFT:WotL that involves editing Luso's abilities into something like a Blue Mage so that he can learn monster skills upon hit. I plan on using all 16 slots in his "Huntcraft" skillset to achieve this goal, but considering that he's a clone of Ramza he inherently has 9 skills already filled in. Would this glitch the game? And in the case of implementing additional skills into a generic class like the Knight class, would that glitch the game as well? I'm toying with the idea of giving Knights all rend skills along with the four -sap skills from the Ark Knight's "Blade of Ruin" skillset.

It shouldn't cause any glitches to change what skills are in the Huntcraft set since "Huntcraft" and "Mettle" are technically different skill sets.

Vanya

September 16, 2009, 07:55:47 pm #26 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Replacing whole skill sets seems to work fine for special units, yes.
¯\(°_0)/¯