• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2024, 10:09:29 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Plans for new sprites, whats everyone working on?

Started by Zozma, April 24, 2008, 08:34:17 pm

Atma

looking pretty sweet, Asmo!
one thing i see that looks a lil odd (i know, u don't want to hear more things to fix :P) is the braids in the front view.  they look very curved.  if it's a woman with breasts, than likely the hair would fall to the sides of her chest, or if it' lying flat, then maybe bring the upper part of the hair closer to the face.  of course the colour is pretty close to the skin colour, so i'd probably go with widening the gap at the ends.
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

Zozma

Quote from: "Atma"k, here's some more work done on the Ronin sprite.
[attachment=0:1g323c2x]Samurai - Ronin 04 - by Atma WIP.png[/attachment:1g323c2x]
all the body is done!  what's changed since last time i posted a pic was the attack frames.  they seem to look pretty good.  i'm pretty sure a lot still needs to be tweaked.  the arms don't line too well.  i thought the body might be off a bit since it's a different type, but i overlapped it on a type 2 and it seemed to line up pretty well... then i tried with type 1 arms... still looked pretty bad, maybe even a lil worse.  i don't wanna move the hands in case it looks weird with weapons, so i may just redraw the part of the arm that attaches to the body and keep the hands where they are.
ugh, my eyes hurt... that's enough for now.  sleep time :P

YO ATMA, whats up w the disgaea ronin? where is she?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Atma

i know, i know.  been playing a lot of new games and been away for a while.  just kinda took a break from a lot of my projects.  (working on mods for lots of things, not just FFT)
i have done about half of the attack frames since last update.  after i finish the last of the attack frames, i've just gotta redraw the hair in the walk animation so it sways properly, then just tweak the portrait.
i'll try to stop screwing around and just finish this.  next project, i ain't touching the arms!

Xeno3

I'm currently working on a Mexican bandit, this is the really really rough beta... not sure if I should go through with it though let me know what you think of the concept:

Kagebunji

Just tell me Xeno, what the f*ck is this thing? That thing won't look good, not unless you use Summoner's Male cape and HARDLY modify it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

jimmyjw88

Oh no no no...That won't look good. It looks like steel plate.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Smash

Lol u got it wrong, use ref

Orale chavo gringo que onda ijole la racha wena onda la neta reque bien el sprite buey!!

Cheetah

My guess is that Smash is the guy at the bottom left with the black eyes and Mario mustache.
Current Projects:

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Atma

mini update, don't get ur hopes too high, just redid the hair for the rear walking animation.  (gotta clean up the frames for the front)
[attachment=0:1vlr580b]Ronin - hair back test - by Atma.gif[/attachment:1vlr580b]
i think the original Samurai had the hair swaying left to right, but the Ronin from Disgaea seemed to sway front to back.  also, the pony tail was a bit thicker b4.  i did a direct resize of the original Disgaea sprite. (Disgaea generics seem to be 1.5x the size of FFT generics)

jimmyjw88

Looks good so far.
One thing, her left arm seems to be overlapping, if you notice her shoulder's white cloth/strap is gone in a frame; making it looks like a mechanical robot arm.
Also, her hair band seems to dissappear in few frames (two, if I'm not mistaken).

Smash

Quote from: "Cheetah"My guess is that Smash is the guy at the bottom left with the black eyes and Mario mustache.
Hell no lol, I have a life

Random google search.  :P

Xeno3

lol so I'm guessing it's a no to the overall concept, like I said it was a major beta to see if anyone liked the idea in general

Cheetah

Atma that hair animation is looking great. The front to back sway is very unique and looks good. Though I was a fan of the previous style too. Keep up the good work.
Current Projects:

Lijj

Yes, I agree, the motion of the ponytail is really nice. But I see two pixels of the white hair-tie holding it up flashing out of place in 2 frames.
  • Modding version: PSX

Atma

thanks for pointing out those rogue pixels  :P
for some reason looking at animations in shishi is REALLY slow.  the whole programs slows down and it goes like 1 frame every 3 seconds.  just started happening.  anyone know what i could do to fix it?

RandMuadDib

Wow! that disgaea ronin looks sweet! any more disgaea sprites up your sleeve? i've been looking for some and i really like this one. i'll have to keep an eye out for when its finished so that i can replace the female samurai. Great job Atma.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Atma

glad ur liking it.
just got back from more fun weekend stuff (aka, ignoring spriting) and did a quick check if shishi works normally on my laptop, which it does.  so, it's either my computer is messed up (even tho i just reinstalled everything nice and clean about a month ago) or my original 'clean' ISO is messed up.  tho, i doubt the latter since i had multiple copies that all used to work, so kinda unlikely.
i wanna get this sprite done, just not very motivated since it's just boring arms and little things keep coming up that make me rather do something else.  i'll TRY to get it done this week, at least a release that you can test out and check for little bugs.
@ RandMuadDib - a few pages back (pg 63) when i first started this sprite i was also looking at the possibility of doing the Kunoichi from Disgaea, so i may do that one next... so long as i don't have to do too much editing of the arms  :P

Atma

UPDATE!!!
Did some work on the portrait.  It's a pain in the ass with all the different colours of the sprite.  i had to lose 2 shades from the skin tone just to fit in what i got. did only minor tweaks to the ponytail and keikogi.  the hair i had to redraw since it isn't all being pulled back now and just falls downwards, bangs and all.
[attachment=0:1d1mqym3]Samurai - Ronin Portrait 01 - by Atma.png[/attachment:1d1mqym3]
crits + comments are welcome