• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2024, 08:15:18 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Plans for new sprites, whats everyone working on?

Started by Zozma, April 24, 2008, 08:34:17 pm

mav

Good start so far, Atma. I can't give a detailed crit at the moment, but the biggest issue with the portrait is the shading on her hair. I feel like the light source wouldn't cause such a gradient effect. Her eyes also seem little bit low, but they don't look bad at all.

Anyways, hopefully you'll get some more feedback, then we can get this thing looking great. Good luck.

jimmyjw88

Agreed with mav on the hair shading. Touch ups with the hair is needed as well. Face seems bit smaller, her right eye is smaller by a pixel, some shading touch ups.
Good luck.

EDIT: Something like this perhaps:
Sketch[attachment=0:3kltphwy]Samurai - Ronin Portrait 01 - by Atma1.PNG[/attachment:3kltphwy]
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Zozma

um.. smash help this one... the closest eye seems a pixel lower than it should be or something
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Atma

i thought i lowered both eyes :P guess i undid it and didn't notice.  as for the hair, it took me about 10 seconds to paint the shading, so it's just a quick idea to let u know where i'm heading with it.  if u wanna take a stab at it go for it, even if i finish it to my liking, it may not be what u want, so anyone is welcome to do with it as they please.  
i still can't figure out why shishi lags almost to the point of crashing if u go to the animation tab, so i give up trying to fix it.  i'm just gonna usb transfer my files to my laptop and try and finish this sprite off on that.  i don't like my laptop, but at least it works without lagging like a mother fu@#er.
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

jimmyjw88

Here, fixed the eyes.
[attachment=0:25vnno76]Samurai - Ronin Portrait 01 - by Atma1.PNG[/attachment:25vnno76]I'm not sure what her characteristics are, so change the eyes if its wrong, Atma.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Lijj

• Modding version: PSX

jimmyjw88

I think I should change her eyebrows too. Hmm...

GeneralStrife

no shading on the hair...coul HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Lijj

Yeah JimmyJw... She still looks a little upset.. less pessimistic or defeated though.

jimmyjw88

Quote from: "GeneralStrife"no shading on the hair...
I'm aware of that. I'm fixing her face first.
Quote from: "Lijj"Yeah JimmyJw... She still looks a little upset.. less pessimistic or defeated though.
Alright, I'll change it, make her happy!! xD
Lol.

Atma

i actually like how she looked all pissed off, but it doesn't really suit.  most portrait seem fairly content or optimistic.
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

Lijj

Well I don't think your serious JimmyJW. I hate smiles on FF portraits.. all of them! :cry:

jimmyjw88

Haha. Yeah, I was joking. Well, smiles are good, not all bad actually.

mav

Fix the shading on the ear, where her ponytail is. Right now she's got some elvishness going on. Looks pretty good otherwise.

RandMuadDib

I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Lijj

Kagebunji

So you did continue her, I am happy with that :P. Lastly, her hair has this strange line in the middle, it doesn't look bad, but it makes her look weird, maybe it is just me. I am looking forward to this!(Remeber Mercenaries, remeber).

Smash

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KAGEBUNJI SAID:
When her right leg(our left) is closest to us, you can see white color on outline of skirt, I think you want it to be yellow :P.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it's part of the boot. (Homebrew quote boxes ftl..)

This sprite looks great.

GeneralStrife

Liji, your generic replacers make me smile, this needs to be finished.

Kagebunji

Yeah, quotes fails, dunno why. Hmm, I still think it is boots but you may be right, Lijj send the BMP or tell us what it is please.