• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

An official apology

Started by Zuka, March 03, 2009, 02:36:40 pm

Zuka

March 03, 2009, 02:36:40 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zuka
Okay well I blew up on the forum a couple of months ago due to some criticism I should have handled with more grace, and I wanted to officially apologize here, I thought of where I should post this but since it's really not related to any topics other than spam I guess this is the right section of the forum...

Anyways I've been doing some hard work on my patch recently, and thus-far it's coming along very well, though to be honest i don't think it's the type of thing experienced players will be al that interested in, my Idea now is to bring new players to the table with a patch that's a lot faster moving and when played properly it's honestly pretty easy... If anyone is interested in this idea let me know, and if anyone knows of common reasons that someone "Just couldn't get into it" then those reasons would be of even more use to the patch...

So once again, sorry for having been a whiny little fuck, and I hope you can find it in yourselves to forgive me in my emo-ness, and with any luck, I will be welcomed back into the ranks of hacktics.

- Yours
          Zuka

LastingDawn

March 03, 2009, 02:51:14 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Welcome back, your opinion was always one of my favorites. Criticism is especially good, it helps us grow as people. Mercenaries has been enhanced by it many times over.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

VincentCraven

March 03, 2009, 03:13:07 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Welcome back Zuka.  I completely understand the feeling of having all my ideas torn apart, so I know a bit of where you are coming from (or came from rather).  I must say I was disappointed that you had not taken down that statement against our community earlier, but I am pleased to see you apologized for it first thing upon coming back.

Though most of the members of this community ARE knowledgeable of the game forwards and backwards, v1.3 is pretty much a cure-all for all my challenging FFT needs.  Being one of the less skilled FFT members here, I will probably enjoy playing your patch, though I am bored easily...

Common reasons people don't get into FFT?  Probably because of all the variables you have to know about to be able to handle the game well.  My brother is a huge strategy fan, but he never really came to love FFT because there were so many variables he disregarded (brave, faith, Zodiac Compatibility).  For example, there aren't too many things you need to understand to be able to play chess, but it takes lots of strategic skill nonetheless.  Most other things are things you can't really change about the game, such as "being an old style video game"
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Zuka

March 03, 2009, 04:11:34 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zuka
I would actually like to have that thread and any other negative threads I posted at the time removed, but I can't seem to remove them myself, I messaged Zodiac hoping he would take them down a few days after the initial post, but he's a busy guy so I guess it was never gotten around to...

Is there a way for me to remove the thread myself? I would like to retract my former statements without having to go through them.

LastingDawn

March 03, 2009, 04:18:46 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Don't need to worry about that Zuka, our New Projects Moderator, purged it when he became a moderator, so it's gone.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

VincentCraven

March 03, 2009, 04:33:35 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Quote from: "LastingDawn"Don't need to worry about that Zuka, our New Projects Moderator, purged it when he became a moderator, so it's gone.

Not quite.

Zuka, you have a thread with an actual patch (even if it is partially done or w/e), so it was not purged.

http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1827

But it doesn't really matter too much.  I'm pretty sure you can change the title back to whatever it was and continue posting your patch developments there.  That said, I don't mind your statement anymore so much as I would like to see the New Projects thread not get more cluttered with duplicates.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

CidIII

March 03, 2009, 05:02:36 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by CidIII
Tits or GTFO.
I refuse to play Final Fantasy Tactics again until I am able to do my FF6 patch! And, FFT 1.3 doesn't technically count as FFT: so there!

Zuka

March 03, 2009, 05:04:21 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zuka
Quote from: "CidIII"Tits or GTFO.

(.)(.)

DarthPaul

March 03, 2009, 05:13:20 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Welcome back Zuka we need more good critics like you.

Thanks for the tits btw.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

philsov

March 03, 2009, 06:00:39 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quote from: "Zuka"
Quote from: "CidIII"Tits or GTFO.

(.)(.)

gtfi.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Zuka

March 06, 2009, 10:17:58 am #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zuka
For anyone who cares, my patch is finished and I posted it in New Projects, here's a link...

http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2410

SPICKITY SPAM!