• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2024, 06:07:10 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Now Playing

Started by Cheetah, April 03, 2008, 09:31:33 am

philsov

July 05, 2009, 05:55:43 pm #460 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quote from: "beawulfx"I am enjoying the hell out of VII.

Random tips:

- Gabo will be with you the longest, so if you're pursuing the superstar or some other kickass advanced class, he's your guy.

- FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, WHEN YOU'RE IN THE SKY TOWER SOMETIME AROUND THE END OF D1/START OF D2, GET THE FUCKING FINAL KEY.  IF YOU LEAVE THE TOWER WITHOUT GETTING THE KEY YOU CANNOT RETURN AND YOU CANNOT ADVANCE.  YOU WILL BE DOOMED TO RESTART THE WHOLE GODDAMN THING (which for me was like 40 hours or so, I just put it down at that point.  It's one giant DQ-themed fetch quest imo.  I find 6 to be the best of the series >_>).

anyways....

dropped wizardry since I spent too much time jacking around, and so now the game is punishing me with "thieves" that came around and jacked half the treasure chests in the dungeons.  Lame!

So now I'm playing Odin Sphere.  I'm not one for game graphics, but DAMN, this game is beautiful.  Otherwise it's a side-scrolling beat-em-up that rewards killing quickly.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Cheetah

July 06, 2009, 02:50:08 am #461 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
I have been wanting to play Lost Planet on PS3 for a good long while. Is the online community still pretty strong?
Current Projects:

Vanya

July 06, 2009, 09:53:10 am #462 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Megaman StarForce... not bad so far. Seems like they refined the Battle Network engine to where it isn't as tedious
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Sephiel

July 06, 2009, 12:23:38 pm #463 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sephiel
FFV and (again) FFTA2...

BTW, I was reading in some section of FFTA2 a reference to the Lucavi...
"To harness the true power of a scion, the user have to become one with him"... or something.

Archael

July 06, 2009, 01:28:01 pm #464 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "philsov"- FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, WHEN YOU'RE IN THE SKY TOWER SOMETIME AROUND THE END OF D1/START OF D2, GET THE FUCKING FINAL KEY.  IF YOU LEAVE THE TOWER WITHOUT GETTING THE KEY YOU CANNOT RETURN AND YOU CANNOT ADVANCE.  YOU WILL BE DOOMED TO RESTART THE WHOLE St. Ajora THING .

damn that sucks

which game is this?

philsov

July 06, 2009, 01:42:13 pm #465 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quote from: "Voldemort"damn that sucks

which game is this?

Dragon Quest VII.  It's the highest-selling game of all time in Japan.  It boasts a massive volume of different job classes (45 or so?  it's been a while).  The storyline is rather generic and mostly consisting of 20+ arcs about evil occuring at some point in the past due to generic demonic overlord badguy, where your party then saves the day until you finally unlock the generic demonic overlord and then kill him.

Still, the one subplot about Erin the robot is one of the very few times I've just gone "daaaamn" at a game and sat that awestruck and a little bit moved.

beawulfx

July 06, 2009, 02:03:42 pm #466 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by beawulfx
Eri! Holy crap that was sad. I was near tears. Such a tragic storyline, wow, I was definitely depressed after that one.

Thanks for the notes phil! But that's not entirely true from what I just read since you scared me into making sure, somebody said that you can go back there by flying or something and then work your way down and get it again, just not right away I guess? I dunno, I didn't want to read much and spoil myself but it seems like you can correct that error, thankfully.

And yeah, tons of job classes, 25 or so humans and then 25 or so monster classes to obtain and use as well. Not the best job system by any means, but pretty fun stuff regardless.

I love this game but I think I did love IV, V, and VIII a little bit more. I can't wait for the DS release of VI as well, going to be awesome.
My FFT 1.3030 videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 18EFFEA0AD
My FFT: Mercenaries videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 174F169EE5
My FFV Random Class Challenge videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... C9F3BD69BF

philsov

July 06, 2009, 05:32:47 pm #467 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quote from: "beawulfx"But that's not entirely true from what I just read since you scared me into making sure, somebody said that you can go back there by flying or something and then work your way down and get it again, just not right away I guess? I dunno, I didn't want to read much and spoil myself but it seems like you can correct that error, thankfully.

/seppuku

PX_Timefordeath

July 06, 2009, 07:00:28 pm #468 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
Your 1500th post, and you kill yourself with it?! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need the Netherworld Bracket to live!

In other news: Cross Edge, Grand Chase, some random SMW hacks, SSBB HRC

beawulfx

July 06, 2009, 08:37:12 pm #469 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by beawulfx
Haha, sorry phil, no easy way to break that to a man. Perhaps I should have just let you live without the knowledge for your own sake :P
My FFT 1.3030 videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 18EFFEA0AD
My FFT: Mercenaries videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 174F169EE5
My FFV Random Class Challenge videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... C9F3BD69BF

Shade

July 17, 2009, 09:16:20 am #470 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Shade
Metal gear solid 3 - No Alerts on Hard.
FFV
FFIV
KH1 - Choce magic as my best stat and strenght as weakest in extreme diffuculty. It's gonna be fucking hard, when I will fight Ansem in Rikus form.
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

beawulfx

July 17, 2009, 09:45:56 am #471 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by beawulfx
I've also been playing SMT: Devil Survivor on the DS and it is fantastic. I am loving it. Never played an SMT game before (though I own Nocturne and DDS, as well as Persona 3: FES) so I am definitely on board for playing them soon! I know they aren't Strategy RPG's or anything, but I have heard great things.

Devil Survivor is pretty unique in it's combination of Strategy RPG with traditional turn-based combat. Once you reach an enemy and attack you enter a separate screen and battle as you would in a random battle. You get a turn or two with your demons and wail away and then back to the 'grid'. It's kinda like an Ogre Battle that you can control, or even like Bahamut Lagoon (As far as I remember, its been a while).

DarthPaul

July 17, 2009, 05:24:47 pm #472 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "beawulfx"I've also been playing SMT: Devil Survivor on the DS and it is fantastic. I am loving it. Never played an SMT game before (though I own Nocturne and DDS, as well as Persona 3: FES) so I am definitely on board for playing them soon! I know they aren't Strategy RPG's or anything, but I have heard great things.

They definitely thrive in the innovation department.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Vanya

July 18, 2009, 01:58:44 am #473 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Megaman Star Force 2.
I'm half way and I can't wait to get to 3 already.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Kaijyuu

July 18, 2009, 02:02:21 am #474 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
I tried out Valkyrie Profile for the ps1 about two weeks ago.

I've now played through it twice and half considering a third. It definitely has the best non-strategy turn based battle system I've ever played. Story's pretty good too, except that the main character's voice actress is horrible.
  • Modding version: PSX

Vanya

July 18, 2009, 03:25:57 pm #475 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Never did finish that one. Didn't it come out for PSP?
¯\(°_0)/¯

Kagebunji

July 18, 2009, 03:43:48 pm #476 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
Yes it has, I love voice acting on PSP, on PSX it sucks. VP2 is even better, system is modified, voice acting is great, many things are great in this game ;). Back to Ontopic I guess: currently I'm playing FFT on PSP again I'm trying to edit sprites, without effect o'course.

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

July 18, 2009, 07:48:24 pm #477 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
I'm playing through Stronghold: Crusader, again for the third time.

Cheetah

August 07, 2009, 12:44:45 pm #478 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Well I bought Advance Wars: Days of Ruin and Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin for the DS. I have dabbled in both series but haven't really dove into them before. Well Advance wars was boring me to tears after I few hours so I haven't played it since. Castlevania was freaking awesome though and I have since beat it. I'm not a fan of the anime art style, but the game play is still great and a very good difficulty level in my view. I'm considering buying a couple other entries in the series, any recommendations? But before that I think I need to play Symphony of the Night, since people still tote it as being the best and I already have it on several platforms...

Bad news though, Monster Hunter 3 came out in Japan. Basically that is all I have been doing besides work for the past week. I love this series only second to FFT and the fact that I can't understand any of it hasn't stopped me from playing several of the series in Japanese. I'm still not all that impressed with the single player and the mechanics of the game in general are not a next generation step up. The graphics are amazing on the wii, but this game could have been done on the PS2 just as easily and probably will be done on the PSP in a few years. At least it is the same old thing with completely new stuff though...that is it's only saving grace and I can now understand why the have completely new monsters and have taken out all the old ones. If they had left much of the old stuff it just would have felt like the last game in the series. But hopefully I will be done with the single player in a couple weeks so that I can get back to hacking full time lol.
Current Projects:

boomkick

August 07, 2009, 02:24:26 pm #479 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Demon's Souls, a PS3 exclusive.