• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Just an idea.

Started by SydneySoul, February 13, 2009, 11:40:54 am

SydneySoul

February 13, 2009, 11:40:54 am Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 11:49:17 am by SydneySoul
I'm not sure what hacks we are currently capable of but here's an idea to throw out there. I'm basing this off of the ASM I saw for 'Innate Equip Change for all' and 'Innate Item for all',

Get rid of the bag as a weapon. Keep the shop symbols for it but change it to an accessory.
Equipping each has special effects:

C Bag- Chemist's bag: Innate 'Use Item'
P Bag - Poacher's Bag: Innate 'Secret Hunt' PA+1
H Bag - Helper's bag: Innate 'Use Item' Innate 'Throw Item'
FS Bag - Full-stock Bag: Innate 'Use Item' Innate 'Throw Item' Innate 'Equip Change' Move+1

I just see it as nobody seriously uses these as weapons. So if the pro hackers can change them into accessories and eliminate them as a possible weapon, we can have some pretty interesting accessories.
Lil' gay soul manipulator lolpatcher.

LastingDawn

February 13, 2009, 11:46:10 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
As awesome as that all sounds, I don't really think that's in the realm of possibility, even with some major ASM hacking that is a Ton of work. The game never recognizes a weapon in an innate sort of way, if it did there would be a lot more interesting possibilities.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Dokurider

February 13, 2009, 11:49:05 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dokurider
I serious use bags all the time. +3 PA, +1 MA or +1 SP = Win for females.

SentinalBlade

February 13, 2009, 12:15:20 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Hm?? LD, lol i thought we talked about this...or maybe it was soul...

anyways, the game stores the current weapon ID in the ram. so if we ran a check to see if it had C Bag, then we could force a few bytes to be changed.

Its not hard, but finding a place to make it happen is rough. you cant do it in the normal places, like in a formula or right before an attack, it has to be a static development...itd have to be when the map loads, and i know nearly nothing about that.

itd look something like

lbu r2, 0x1D(r4) (this takes the base adress, r4, and adds 1d to it, then loads the weapon id into r2)
ori r3, r0, 0x49(lets pretend 49 is the CBag's weapon ID. this loads the number 49 into register r3)
beq r2, r3, 0x6750C(this looks to see if the weaponID(r2) is equal to r3(49) if it is, t hen it jumps ot the adress 6750

That is how to look for the weapon ID, to actually force item onto the wearer, id have to look at razele's item innate hack.

LastingDawn

February 13, 2009, 12:43:26 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm... then never mind, that does sound like some very creative ideas, granted we can have it work.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Archael

February 13, 2009, 04:09:37 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
QuoteC Bag- Chemist's bag: Innate 'Use Item'
P Bag - Poacher's Bag: Innate 'Secret Hunt' PA+1
H Bag - Helper's bag: Innate 'Use Item' Innate 'Throw Item'
FS Bag - Full-stock Bag: Innate 'Use Item' Innate 'Throw Item' Innate 'Equip Change' Move+1

not a bad idea but:

H Bag makes C Bag useles

and FS Bag makes all of them useless

it's ok that FS be stronger than the others

but not completely  obliterating them to the point where they are useless

perhaps give all 4 of them an individual, unique use, with FS bag being the strongest, but not the best for all situation / builds

SydneySoul

February 13, 2009, 07:18:51 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SydneySoul
I don't see the problem at all.

1) You can limit the ways to get items. Only able to buy certain items at certain points in the game. Making the FS bag poachable and only in Chapter 4 is a method along these lines.

2) Items already end up out-classing others... So there's no problem here at all.

Madlemgen outdoes all other books in pure damage.
Mace of Zeus outdoes the bonus of Wizard Staff.
Bracer outdoes Power Wrist.
Germinas make Battle and Spike boots useless.

There are likely many more examples. Don't try to think of bags in the rank of perfumes - they aren't meant to be equal to each other like those accessories.
Lil' gay soul manipulator lolpatcher.