• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

NEW CLASSES!?

Started by trickstardude7, March 27, 2008, 03:50:49 pm

trickstardude7

March 27, 2008, 03:50:49 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by trickstardude7
I am aware that I may have to wait for the text editor to edit the world bin and many other things but seeing the topic about Funeral having abillities inspires me to think.

Perhaps we could make skillsets (NOT NEW EFFECT FILES THATS TOO MUCH WORK ^_^) and new jobs for the game

Well basially corresponding on what I said I want to hear peoples thoughts of new characters, their skillsets, ETC.

But what I'm excited to see is monster classes with skillsets because for some time I had thought of makeing new monsters to replace the old ones

Austin

March 27, 2008, 04:09:28 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Austin
I think it'd be cool to have a section of the forum dedicated to making new jobs and monsters and stuff, but not have them affiliated with the VK patch. That way people could come see what they like, download the files, and add them to the game themselves. Everybody has their own ideas about what would be good to add to the game after all, and we wouldn't have to debate about what would be best to add into the patch anymore.

As for new monsters tonberries sounded like a cool idea to me, but I haven't really put much thought into it yet.
  • Modding version: PSX

Zozma

March 27, 2008, 04:56:16 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
i think good monsters are of course the tonberry and another good one would be the iron giant (not like worker8 like the real ones off of all the other ff games) http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/final ... ant8-b.jpg

also in my game ill have a Mystic Knight
the skills are kind of like the way steiner from ff9 combines black magic into an attack.
Mystick Knight
skillset name: Mystic Sword
skills:

Heat Smash -chance to inflict berserk
Thunder Blade -chance to stun
Ice Smash -chance to inflict slow
Wind Slash -chance to inflict confuse
Stone Strike -chance to inflict petrify
Splash Sword -chance to inflict poison

they do elemental damage and perhaps ill make them inflicht different status at a chance, like thunderblade would have a stun effect (paralize).

they are like non-charge black magic however ill use a formula that includes both MA and PA
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

LastingDawn

March 28, 2008, 08:46:35 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Ah, well Asmo X it looks as if your Alchemist idea is more then possible!

That's currently on an Antidote that will hit Lavian for that much, but... there are a few odd glitches, the damage is part of that.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Zozma

March 29, 2008, 05:38:19 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
i like the idea of not having to remove any pre existing spells tho (except for beowulfs set, i need the slots for my 2 new jobs) mmm when am i going to create myself as a character.. i think it would be cool if alot of ppl created themselves as characters........ ah well.. (sorry for rambling)

trickstardude7

March 29, 2008, 09:20:34 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by trickstardude7
Quote from: "Zozma"i think it would be cool if alot of ppl created themselves as characters........ ah well.. (sorry for rambling)
that would be cool but its soo hard i will attempt to but if im 1 pixel off it will be messed up in game

Asmo X

March 29, 2008, 12:02:47 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
LastingDawn: Thats awesome. Nice work.

LastingDawn

March 30, 2008, 02:38:15 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
QuoteZozma (Posts: 193)   Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:06 pm  
well shes technically going to be a bonus character in my game, both her and lavian will not join the group untill late.. and i plan on making it a challenge just to save them, but not the objective. their skills cost mp, plus the attacks are based on lvl 2 spells so shes not overpowered really, i may just make it so they only do the element damage. but the point of slashing thru a sword is not only the fact that they have physical attack combined with the spell but that they can be used quickly basing these off of the temple knights skillset as a matter of fact i totally took out that set to create new magic sword skills.

The next thing will be Lavian
She looks just like the "Flame Seer" from golden sun
but if i were to make her a total fire mage i feel that would create
an imbalance in the game lacking the other 3 main elements..
on the otherhand a necromancer would be sweet....

ehh well heres all the ones ive thought of adding to the game so far...
1) Rad the Red mage (not replacing the calculator a special job of its own)
2) Alicia the Mystic Knight
3) Lavian ??? i dont know but obviously a mage type...
4) A berzerker
5) Boco the blue chocobo (can fly and use magic woo)
6) (I might create a moogle out of that pig monster thing...)  

LastingDawn (Posts: 39)    Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:26 pm  
Ah, well if she's late and not right after Orbonne, I wouldn't worry about it. I thought they would just join after Orbonne, thereby allowing five special character's all at once. Since she is late, forget all I said about that. A challenge to save Lavian and Alicia sound interesting, what did you have in mind?  

Zozma (Posts: 193)   Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:46 pm  
no way, only rad who has up to lvl 2 black magic and cure and wall...
the other two would be way too many specials joining at once... im going to make them appear late and youll have to save them from the other end of the map. probably before their crystal counter hits 0 lol...
i dont want this game to be easy at all  

All that we lost from the transfer, as well as an update on the "Alchemy" we've got it 100% it turns out the Formula "Cure Status" is a misdemeanor, it is very hard to say what that formula does, but changing the formula was not needed in any case, just switching Cure to Afflict, did the job (wish I would have done that first...) some pics!

Art of War

Vanya

April 04, 2008, 03:55:48 am #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
I was thinking of doing an Alchemist, but I don't see how I could. what I'm thinking of is making new spells that have the same graphics and effects as the items. Could that be done?
¯\(°_0)/¯

Zozma

April 04, 2008, 04:23:11 am #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
it can, there are 10 blank skills just below the skill "parasite" (tho i used them for my own custom skills) and your idea sounds great. i tried one thing, using an antidote to poison instead of to cure poison and it could even be set to consume the certain item. technically you could create a new skill like that and still have the origional used the correct way. but with the editor you dont have access to doing things like assigning which item is consumed (unless its one of the origional item skills...) so it'd be glitchy.... it would be great if when you select the type of skill it was, it changes the menu to accomodate that as well....

Vanya

April 04, 2008, 05:37:47 am #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
That would be great! I'd love to eliminate the math and aim skills in order to create some more interesting abilities for new classes.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Zozma

April 04, 2008, 06:04:21 am #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
i think skills that require weapons other than swords would be neat...
i mean monks have their punch art.. holy/dark/divine knights have sword skills..

but what about one for say.. an axe, staff or even a bow? (charge can be used with anything)

like on romacing saga each weapon type has skills of its own...
still to do that they'd have to create more code for limiting certain skills to other weapon types besides swords...

anyway, im pretty sure that using items for more than one purpose would be doable...

Vanya

April 04, 2008, 06:55:47 am #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Well... I had no problem setting up the Alchemy skill 'Create Potion'.
I gave it  a range of 4, vertical 4, area 0, CT 1, MP cost of 4, used formula 48 (same as Potion).
I set the AI Behavior box and the one next the same as the potion, and lastly, I set the attributes like the cure spell.
However, the effect graphics glitch when I try to cast it. Any ideas what might be wrong?
¯\(°_0)/¯

LastingDawn

April 04, 2008, 07:23:34 am #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm? Formula 48 was the legitimate, Restore 10 * X HP, formula?

Art of War

Vanya

April 04, 2008, 01:33:54 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Yes! That part actually works fine as far as I can tell.
¯\(°_0)/¯

LastingDawn

April 04, 2008, 03:17:44 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Haha! Wonderful! This clears up a few of the unknown formula! It also in theory allows items created around the other formulas.

Art of War

Vanya

April 04, 2008, 06:44:48 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
From what I can see it does look like the items and normal skills share the same formula list. Now if I could just get around that graphics glitch it would be perfect.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Vanya

April 05, 2008, 12:45:43 am #17 Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 03:07:16 pm by Vanya
About the Mime job. From what I've heard there's currently no way make it stop mimicking, right? But if you give it a different skill set can the Mime use it or does the mimicry override the it?
¯\(°_0)/¯

Sen

April 05, 2008, 06:05:52 am #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Sen
Alchemist!!

it would be cool if it has a transmute ability like turning enemies into treasure. :lol:

LastingDawn

April 05, 2008, 06:08:22 am #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Such a thing would have to be of very low chance. Or of many conditionals. It could easily become overpowered. But such a thing is a simplistic manner, with Treasure Chest being just an ailment.

Art of War