• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 16, 2024, 12:38:35 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

ENTD

Started by nates1984, January 01, 2009, 02:22:08 am

nates1984

January 01, 2009, 02:22:08 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by nates1984
How did Voldemort get Beowolf to join in 1.3 with Oracle open and all jobs at level 6?

I think that's what it was anyways.

I can set one jobs level in the ENTD tab, but doing it for multiple jobs is not immediately obvious. When characters join they don't even have the prerequisites leveled. It's funny to see something like bard opened up with all of jobs at level 1.

philsov

January 01, 2009, 11:23:39 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
QuoteWhen characters join they don't even have the prerequisites leveled.

Sure they do.  In this instance (and in many instances) he simply has the mime class unlocked, which causes him to gain level 6 job levels from all the basic jobs and level 1 for all the composite jobs.  I like the change in general because late-game specials are annoying to train in full r/s/m to be worth a damn, and this gives healthy JP all around and allows for immediate crystal cannibalization!
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

nates1984

January 02, 2009, 01:46:51 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by nates1984
Ok, in that case I'm fucking something up somewhere else.

Job levels are fine, the ENTD is fine, I can't find errors in either tab.

Samurai opens with Knight 4 and Monk 4. Within the game, the names are "Ninja is open with Rogue 4 and Knight 4"

Interestingly enough, the proper jobs Lavian should have are Rebel 2, Adept 1, Rogue 4, Ranger 1, Knight 4, Ninja 4

Instead it's Rebel 1, Adept 1, Ranger 1, Ninja 4. How she gets the Ranger is weird because Ranger is set to Rogue 2

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/ ... 4/fft1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/ ... 4/fft2.jpg

Alicia is set to Entropist 4, and she gets the proper jobs (Rebel 1, Adept 2, Cleric 1, Entropist 4, Warlock 1)

Gaffy is Set to Sorcerer, should have: Rebel 2, Adept 1, Rogue 1, Knight 8, Paladin 8, Sorcerer 4. Instead he has: Rebel 1, Adept 1, Sorcderer 4

Sorcerer is in Bards slot, so yea, he comes to the player with Bard open and no prerequisites leveled.

What ultimately confuses me is this.

I have done the job edits to both Alicia and Lavian in the exact same way, Alicia works properly, Lavian doesn't.

And yes, the jobs are opening up properly for the generics I've been playing with, I haven't hit the end of any tree yet, but these mistakes are happening within portions of the job tree I do have unlocked.

By the way, I did hear somewhere in the forums that Bard and Dancer skillsets or sprites can't be changed. I think it was in the huge list of questions topic I did. FYI: The AI has no problem using the skills I set for those two, and the sprites went through without a hitch.

philsov

January 02, 2009, 12:14:43 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
I got nothing.  Haven't messed around enough in those settings =\.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Archael

January 02, 2009, 06:34:10 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Make sure you are editing the correct ENTD Event in which those characters Join Up

There are dupes in there, many of them.. and editing the wrong one (one the game  doesn't even use in the storyline) will do nothing, effectively

hope this helps

:)

EDIT: Though now that I read your Alicia + Lavian issue I am stumped...

nates1984

January 19, 2009, 05:55:04 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by nates1984
It boils down to this.

Anything that only has one job as a prereq works fine, which is why Alicia worked properly and the others didn't.

I'm not having any trouble tracking down the bytes for the jobs unlocked field and the job level in WinHex in the ENTD files, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to manually set job levels for more then one job.