• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 16, 2024, 04:11:28 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Elemental affinities

Started by Skip Sandwich, December 04, 2008, 04:14:23 pm

Skip Sandwich

January 19, 2009, 08:29:37 pm #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
basicly what I was doing was taking a 4 element RPS system (Fire>Earth>Wind>Water>Fire) and expanding it to use all 6 primary elements in the Final Fantasy system (Fire, Ice, Water, Wind, Thunder, Earth), Wind became weak to ice because of the way ice and fire are positioned, and also because wind, as an element, represents freedom and movement, whereas ice, by reducing temperature, opposes free movement. Wind had to be stronger then earth because of the float status, which is assoiated with flying units and renders that unit immune to the earth element (which in the FF universe does represent earth in a literal sense, as in earthquakes and rocks).
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com