• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

January 25, 2021, 03:08:45 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen/RetroArch is recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Imported effects that freeze or crash

Started by CONMAN, November 21, 2020, 05:35:49 pm

CONMAN

I recently started using Xifanie's ISO manager again (it's awesome).  I was importing some new effects and some would take while others wouldn't.  That was when I remembered that effects such as summons and draw outs (and apparently limits) simply don't seem to work.  I was a little disappointed that I couldn't use an Alexander summon that I created from Ifrit nor could I use "marsil" which was from Meteorain.  Granted, I could just replace the original files (they work fine in the original slots), but that sort of ruins the whole venture with the iso manager. 

I have successfully imported and used other effects before with no issue.  I was curious if anyone had ever figured this out?  Effect files seem to have a lot of unknowns and digging through the message board and wiki didn't solve it for me.
  • Modding version: PSX

Elric

Quote from: CONMAN on November 21, 2020, 05:35:49 pmI recently started using Xifanie's ISO manager again (it's awesome).  I was importing some new effects and some would take while others wouldn't.  That was when I remembered that effects such as summons and draw outs (and apparently limits) simply don't seem to work.  I was a little disappointed that I couldn't use an Alexander summon that I created from Ifrit nor could I use "marsil" which was from Meteorain.  Granted, I could just replace the original files (they work fine in the original slots), but that sort of ruins the whole venture with the iso manager. 

I have successfully imported and used other effects before with no issue.  I was curious if anyone had ever figured this out?  Effect files seem to have a lot of unknowns and digging through the message board and wiki didn't solve it for me.

Hey buddy, we gotta get ya onto Discord mang. Anyway, this is likely due to the sizes of the effects. We also have an alexander and phoenix summon for Jot5 that i had to make new files for. However its been like 5 years since i set that up and cant recall whether it was tested or not.

Unfortunately i think there is like maybe 2 people who have used that tool (both of us included, lol)
<@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.

Journey of the Five Youtube ChannelThe Lion War Current Status

Jot5 Leader :: Eventer :: OtherTLW Leader :: Eventer :: Other

CONMAN

Thanks for the quick reply Eric. I'm going to mess around some more.  Editing an effect is one thing,  making something new with choto's effect editor sounds rough!