• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

February 19, 2020, 07:59:59 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen/RetroArch is recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

The Lion War 1.05 - DOWNLOAD HERE!

Started by Elric, September 21, 2019, 06:20:31 pm

Elric

Version 1.05 of The Lion War, is now live! Download and patch to a new clean image and then you should be fine to load your hardsaves (not savestates) to see what was fixed, visit the bug reports thread HERE
  • Modding version: PSX
<@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.

Journey of the Five Youtube ChannelThe Lion War Current Status

Jot5 Leader :: Eventer :: OtherTLW Leader :: Eventer :: Other

LuR3n

In this version I still cannot teach female units any abilities, why?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Elric

Did you patch a clean image file?

Choto said he found the issue that was causing that and fixed it and verified that it wasnt still happening
<@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.

Amici

Hi Elric, great job with the update! Awesome! Just gotta ask again, I have a "customized" 1.04 image file like I said before. Is it necessary to re-do my whole customization again for 1.05? Or can I just re-patch the ASM hacks from the 1.05 set?

I'm doing the Resource Pack method of patching BTW

Elric

You can try just repatching the extra job 1.18 hack. Lemme know if that fixes the ability issues.

Amici

Elric, everything seems to have worked! I just repatched all ASMs on my 1.04 image. I can open the ability menus of females again. Need more testing of course, but for now I'm a happy bee.

pbrand

Awesome stuff. It's been a while since I've played FFT, but I figure I should do it through a mod this time since I'm behind on playing a bunch (Monster Tactics too).

What most piques my interest are the English-translated sound novels. After reading about them on various sites, I was just about inspired to recreate a rough standalone facsimile of them in Unity based on Youtube footage. Seems I don't have to pursue that side project  :D

Thanks!

old school

Thanks for your hard work on this!  It's pretty amazing how pro you guys are.  I check back from time to time as life permits, and it's always cool to see these projects continuing to move forward.

LV99 Vivi

did you patch out the item duplication glitch? i cant seem to duplicate excalibur...
edit: nevermind it works it just doesnt highlight in orange like it normally does
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

qberry22

New to the community, so hiya. The 1.05 rar file seems to be corrupted. I tried it on multiple computers. Windows 10 won't open it, 7zip won't open it,  OSX was a no-go, and I even transferred it to my Chromebook which wouldn't open it either.  EDIT: disregard, I was using a version of 7zip from 2014. Current version opened it fine. Nothing to see here. Sorry.

FriJoe

Awesome mod! Will love to give this a try. I do have a question. Is it possible for difficulty settings in the game? I love to have a challenge and the base unfortunately was too easy): sorry if i missed something in the logs, but I didnt see anything regarding difficulties.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Elric

Thats not within my skillset. Though this mod is made as a base for others to use in creating their own mods (provided that proper credit is given) so you or someone else could easily make a difficulty mod for it.

Jumza

This is so awesome! Congratulations on releasing this! I know so much hard work went into creating such an incredible resource, I can't wait to try it out!
Check out my project ~ FFT: A Stone's Ripple : http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10857.0
The demo was just released! Come check it out!
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.